• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Preglabin, Mirtrazapine, Codeine, Diazepam

A couple of hours a 1:30pm I took double Pregalabin 150mg
I felt a bit sleepy and had a lie down ( it’s nice weather at the moment ) rather than go into a deep sleep like I normally would and when I normally wake I feel dreadful. I just lied there relaxed , very comfortable. When got up I felt very chilled. Excellent
Good to hear it went well :) Just be warned that you build a tolerance to pregabalin VERY VERY quickly, so please resist temptation to increase your dose to chase the feeling you got today. Just keep the dose at a reasonable amount.

Well the dropping the Mitrapine helped I’m down to 7mg I’m currently on 75mg Pregalabin and I have some 25mg I don’t use. How and when do others take the Pregalabin ? Or I could take it in 25mg doses .
I wouldn't drop down to 25mg. I'm new here so I'm not sure if we're allowed to link to other websites but let me try to find this thread on Reddit that might be helpful as far as how to use the Pregabalin to help and I'll reply again with that. How are you doing with the Diazepam taper now?

I wouldn't drop down to 25mg. I'm new here so I'm not sure if we're allowed to link to other websites but let me try to find this thread on Reddit that might be helpful as far as how to use the Pregabalin to help and I'll reply again with that. How are you doing with the Diazepam taper now?
The diazepam taper ( so far ) has easy 70mg down to 20mg Although the last bit is the most dangerous. For example 10mg to 5mg is still 50%.

I changed my mind a few times since I started this thread. The ultimate plan is now is 3.5mg Mirtazapine and stick on 150mg Pregalabin. So many people are recommended it generally on this site so I doubled Preg yesterday and was remarkably effective.

The diazepam taper ( so far ) has easy 70mg down to 20mg Although the last bit is the most dangerous. For example 10mg to 5mg is still 50%.
Ok I found the thread I was talking about, I guess it was on bluelight after all https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/ca...il-and-more-benzo-taper-aid-questions.917852/ It won't let me post the reply I was referring to but about 6 posts down there's a post from Jabberwocky that has a taper schedule for when you get towards the end of the taper that includes Pregabalin. You could adjust the amounts a bit if you don't feel you need to take as much Pregab as long as you aren't experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms. And you said you aren't trying to get off the Pregabalin so you could just taper back down to your normal dose and be done if ya wanted

Idk if anyone has mentioned the Ashton Manual here, but it was written by a doctor as a safe way to get off benzos(specifically with diazepam) without causing any permanent damage and to keep the taper as comfortable as possible. Obviously there is going to be some discomfort, it'd be odd if there wasn't but yeah. Here's a link to the Ashton Manual: https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha02.htm

And here's a link to the part of the manual with the taper schedule: https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s2

Schedule 2 on the taper schedule link is specifically for tapering down from 40mg Diazepam daily so it could be helpful since you're at 20mg now

Hopefully this made sense, I'm super sleep deprived sorry. But yeah I hope this helps. Reddit is also a good resource for advice on tapering if you wanted to look for any other tips. r/benzorecovery and r/benzodiazepines on Reddit have been really helpful to me in the past.

Best of luck to ya, sounds like you're doing really well so far!

Ok I found the thread I was talking about, I guess it was on bluelight after all https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/ca...il-and-more-benzo-taper-aid-questions.917852/ It won't let me post the reply I was referring to but about 6 posts down there's a post from Jabberwocky that has a taper schedule for when you get towards the end of the taper that includes Pregabalin. You could adjust the amounts a bit if you don't feel you need to take as much Pregab as long as you aren't experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms. And you said you aren't trying to get off the Pregabalin so you could just taper back down to your normal dose and be done if ya wanted

Idk if anyone has mentioned the Ashton Manual here, but it was written by a doctor as a safe way to get off benzos(specifically with diazepam) without causing any permanent damage and to keep the taper as comfortable as possible. Obviously there is going to be some discomfort, it'd be odd if there wasn't but yeah. Here's a link to the Ashton Manual: https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha02.htm

And here's a link to the part of the manual with the taper schedule: https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s2

Schedule 2 on the taper schedule link is specifically for tapering down from 40mg Diazepam daily so it could be helpful since you're at 20mg now

Hopefully this made sense, I'm super sleep deprived sorry. But yeah I hope this helps. Reddit is also a good resource for advice on tapering if you wanted to look for any other tips. r/benzorecovery and r/benzodiazepines on Reddit have been really helpful to me in the past.

Best of luck to ya, sounds like you're doing really well so far!
Thanks for the effort brother, I shall he a proper read later. OK I only started the double Pregalabin dosage yesterday, so how I fill tomorrow morning will be pivotal.
I’ve always said I’m lucky I don’t have trouble sleeping even all the way back to the alcohol era so many people cracked because they couldn’t sleep. Why my doctor put me put me on such a high dosage I don’t know.
Where I live the health system is cracking up. My doctor has known me for years but ridiculously busy she also one of the Covid/ Omicron team ( they are preparing for a big wave in Autumn ( Fall) I was supposed to get a supply of 15mg Mirtazapine. She had prescribed me a bloody great box of anti-biotics . Shows the pressure she’s under she’s normally meticulous,

Thanks for the effort brother, I shall he a proper read later. OK I only started the double Pregalabin dosage yesterday, so how I fill tomorrow morning will be pivotal.
I’ve always said I’m lucky I don’t have trouble sleeping even all the way back to the alcohol era so many people cracked because they couldn’t sleep. Why my doctor put me put me on such a high dosage I don’t know.
Where I live the health system is cracking up. My doctor has known me for years but ridiculously busy she also one of the Covid/ Omicron team ( they are preparing for a big wave in Autumn ( Fall) I was supposed to get a supply of 15mg Mirtazapine. She had prescribed me a bloody great box of anti-biotics . Shows the pressure she’s under she’s normally meticulous,
I'm a sister haha but no problem! Like I said I've gone through the benzo bs quite a few times and am tapering off flubromazolam with the help of Pregab myself right now so I'm always happy to help other people if I can and the Ashton Manual has saved my ass a few times 😊

And yeah it's awesome that you don't have trouble with sleep. When I was a super bad alcoholic a few years ago I fucked up and would end up taking a shot or two just to sleep and mess up my taper. I'm sure that helps a lot with getting off benzos too, I've had times where I couldn't sleep for days and the mirtazapine didn't help even a bit. But yeah it's odd that you got put on 30mg. My doc put me on 30mg too but that was because it's also a sort of antidepressant and I was going through some stuff at the time. Didn't work though so now I only take 15mg occasionally and that much usually knocks me out.

Whereabouts do you live if you don't mind me asking? UK?

But yeah the antibiotics thing is ridiculous, I can definitely see how her dealing with the COVID stuff would be incredibly stressful but that seems like a weird thing to mess up.

Anyways, sorry I tend to be long winded and type way too much lol. How did the double dosage of Pregabalin go?

I live on the South Coast of England. Double dose of Pregalabin worked well. Mitrazapine is down to a swift 2.5mg. Told my doctor and she approves of the new regime . I had started to take the double dose of Pregalabin together about mid day . She said I should take 75mg in the morning and 75mg before I go to bed. What do you think of that sister ?

Thanks for answering but one of the reason is I’ve stopped Mitrazapine is to avoid the fuzzy headed feeling.Would that make me feel all fuzzy headed all day. If you go back two yearsish I was motivated, energetic. Would get up at 5am no problem then quite often go to a gig .

I know I’m asking a lot of questions, I’ve been messing with drugs for decades but these Mirtazapine. Pregalabin are complete new to me. M Never heard of them until I was prescribed them.
For my benefit as much as anyone I started on 70mg Diazepam,60mg Codiene, 75mg Pregalabin,30mg Mirtazapine today it’s 10mg Diazepam,0mg Codiene,0mg Mirtazapine, and as advised on here doubled my Pregalabin to 150mg.
Havnt felt too bad went for a short walk that was quite uncoordinated though and was exhausted afterwards.
Every suggestion I have had on here has worked.
The only one that confuses me is the Pregalabin. The first day I doubled the dose I felt great, yesterday was ok today I’ve felt uncoordinated. What aM I to expect in the coming days ? That it shows it’s not for me ? It settles down ?
When you look at it I have done well but it’s the Pregalabin is the elephant in the room. If the Pregalabin settles down I will be happy to stay on it or do I go for total abstinence? Not keen on that the old 12 step served my well but after all I’ve been through I’m not convinced.
Again some advice please.
I need to know if I am wobbling around I need to know it’s part of the process or it means it’s not working

Maybe I jump to Prozac ? Back when I was doing Pregalabin it was originally prescribed for me stomach cramps caused by the addiction to codiene plus an anti depressant. I don’t need it as a pain killer but I feel I need an anti depressant with some sort of alertness affect.I’m going to contact my doctor but it’s extremely helpful for your advice. I sometimes think she just Google’s and hopes for the best.
Again I am posting a lot but look at the drugs I have terminated already. I need a nice SSRI with a alertness effect.

Last edited:
hey, i saw in the other thread you were wanting some replies. first, apologies for being slow myself, this is partly because i just don't have any significant experience with pregab so i'm afraid i don't know what to expect. i've seen it make people uncoordinated wrecks though, especially mixed with opiates.

i would honestly wait until your brian has had some time to settle down into its new regime before considering adding SSRIs, or any psych drugs. your brain needs a period of adjustment after quitting. its normal to feel fucking depressed at the start. i went onto SSRIs 6 months out of rehab and am still on them. i was extremely unstable, but graudally increasing in stability as my brain healed. i guess what i'm saying is right now is not representative of how you will be in general so hang fire unless you're really feeling completely unable to cope.

I live on the South Coast of England. Double dose of Pregalabin worked well. Mitrazapine is down to a swift 2.5mg. Told my doctor and she approves of the new regime . I had started to take the double dose of Pregalabin together about mid day . She said I should take 75mg in the morning and 75mg before I go to bed. What do you think of that sister ?
Nice! Never been to the UK, I'm located in the US and our healthcare system here is quite garbage...especially if you don't have insurance or can't get on Medicaid..

I would definitely try splitting it and doing 75mg in the morning and 75mg at night. Not just because your doctor advised it but because it may help with the lack of energy/feeling uncoordinated. No harm in trying! Like I said I'm taking pregabalin for my taper too and I just upped my pregabalin dose to 200mg a day. I was fine the first few days taking it all at once but I definitely started to feel tired and a bit "out of it" during the day so I take half in the morning and half at night and that's worked a lot better for me, plus it leaves me feeling pretty good in the morning when usually mornings are horrible for me until I take all my meds.

I did notice the wobbly, tired feeling getting a bit better after a few days but splitting the dose has helped a ton for me

Change again. I was on 150mg a day . Fuck it I’m trying a full on Pregalabin detox. My doc says she will totally support me. As it proceeds she will supply me with the low dose liquid pregabs.
I’ve started today on 4 25mg Pregalabin one of them every couple of hours. That’s possibly a bit gung ho. Losing 50mg a day. Wish me luck the morning will soon let me know.

Change again. I was on 150mg a day . Fuck it I’m trying a full on Pregalabin detox. My doc says she will totally support me. As it proceeds she will supply me with the low dose liquid pregabs.
I’ve started today on 4 25mg Pregalabin one of them every couple of hours. That’s possibly a bit gung ho. Losing 50mg a day. Wish me luck the morning will soon let me know.
How did ya get on y'day with the 50mg drop pal?

How did ya get on y'day with the 50mg drop pal?
Thanks for asking. Wasn’t that bad so I’m down to 100mg a day. The problem I can see is the lowest dose in the U.K. 25mg . How the hell do you get from 25mg to zero. I’ve heard of weird and wonderful ways in other countries . I starting to freak I’m very enthusiastic about the detox but I can’t see past 25mg