arrall

Administrator
Staff member

Prince Harry Says Psychedelics Are a “Fundamental Part” of His Life

Emily Kirkpatrick
Vanity Fair
March 6, 2023

Excerpt:
The royal revealed that his recreational usage actually helped him to heal from the death of his mother Princess Diana, telling Maté, “Marijuana is different [to cocaine]. It did really help me.” Harry went on to explain his experience with hallucinogenics, “It was the cleaning of the windscreen, the removal of life’s filters—these layers of filters—it removed it all for me and brought me a sense of relaxation, relief, comfort, a lightness that I managed to hold back for a period of time.” He added, “I started doing it recreationally and then started to realize how good it was for me. I would say it is one of the fundamental parts of my life that changed me and helped me deal with the traumas and the pains of the past. They’re unlocking so much of what we’ve suppressed.”

The whole royal family media circus show annoys me.
But I think that these sorts of articles could do a lot in raising awareness of the medicinal uses of psychedelics, particularly in treating trauma.

Yeah this is very interesting. Psychedelics are a fundamental part of life in general, really. You can't live your life without ever having tripped at least once or twice. They're a fundamental part of my life for sure as well, I'm planning on getting a lot of shrooms soon, but I'd really love another DMT vape pen like I had last summer. Man, those were some of the happiest times of my life during what was otherwise a TERRIBLE fucking year. If I did DMT, whatever was bothering me, whatever was stuck in my mind, it just... went away. I felt like I had the hand of God pushing down on me, subduing me, forcing me to surrender to the hallucinatory world. As the trip would die down, I'd often think to myself something like: everything I'm doing is right... everything I'm doing is the best I can in my situation." I could never forget those moments.

This really doesnt surprise me after thinking on it for a minute.
He is a combat veteran and to lose faith in that which one would kill for can be very disturbing. I would would to try some serious mind bending plant matter to see if maybe this will help the torment(s) that I sometimes endure.
I am sooooo fuckin ready to be rid of some of the shit that weighs me.
Anyway....
Ol' chap comes across as one who has seen behind the curtains and does not agree with the puppet master(s). My take on him anyway.
Maybe he can get involved with MAPS or other such org maybe he has IDK.
He has something to say I see it but he is holding something very crucial back and its fuckin with him.
Again... just my observations from before he was growwed up and militant and whatnot.
I would will smith-slap his brother so quick. =D

Well the level of family disfunctionality ("my uncle is Schrodinger's nonce. He can both sweat and be unable to sweat at the same time"), despite having doctors wiling to crawl up their arses, for a 'royal physician' title, the potential severity of PTSD is crippling.

Yeah this is very interesting. Psychedelics are a fundamental part of life in general, really. You can't live your life without ever having tripped at least once or twice. They're a fundamental part of my life for sure as well, I'm planning on getting a lot of shrooms soon, but I'd really love another DMT vape pen like I had last summer. Man, those were some of the happiest times of my life during what was otherwise a TERRIBLE fucking year. If I did DMT, whatever was bothering me, whatever was stuck in my mind, it just... went away. I felt like I had the hand of God pushing down on me, subduing me, forcing me to surrender to the hallucinatory world. As the trip would die down, I'd often think to myself something like: everything I'm doing is right... everything I'm doing is the best I can in my situation." I could never forget those moments.

Yup that’s the beauty of DMT. All the sudden life’s complicated problems seem so stupidly simple. Listen to what you hear during those experiences cuz more often than not I’ve found it to be the truth.

-GC

Yup that’s the beauty of DMT. All the sudden life’s complicated problems seem so stupidly simple. Listen to what you hear during those experiences cuz more often than not I’ve found it to be the truth.

-GC
So what did you experience and learn from DMT? Was it Ayahuasca or did you freebase the DMT crystals? I never used it, as it was not as easy to get as LSD, Psilocybin mushrooms, and marijuana/hashish were, when I was into drugs, and it seems super intense. Three friends had bad trips from it-the one never used drugs again the experience was that bad, and another friend went into permanent psychosis from abusing it but he is manic, not on meds, and the DMT and other psychedelic drugs he abused, just made it worse or caused the psychotic break. I have seen people who are bipolar/manic and in psychosis or hyponania and it happened from stress, or because they were never on meds, or stopped taking them.

Got to admit, I did admire the title he chose for his biography, 'Spare'. Appears drugs have also given Harry an insight into how words can be fucking painful, for the right recipients

I think that rich people have better than average opportunities to see how the world really works.
I think just the opposite; they are groomed and instructed. Can I say "brainwashed" ?
Ol' William still seems to be in lock-step. :shrug:
Back to the thread of how do we keep our children off drugs thread, maybe... IDK.

I'm so sick of hearing about this individual and the royal family in general. Not to mention the fact that he is so privileged that he can talk about psychedelic use with zero reprisals yet his countrymen languish in prisons for doing the very thing he's doing. Maybe he should use one flake of his influence the change the system.

Last edited:
I'm so sick of hearing about this individual and the royal family in general. Not to mention the fact that he is so privileged that he can talk about psychedelic use with zero reprisals yet his countrymen language in prisons for doing the very thing he's doing. Maybe he should use one flake of his influence the change the system.

That's a good point. If he's serious about the subject he should put his "money where his mouth is" and actually advocate for it in a serious way...he has a relationship with the power structure of his country that most people don't have obviously, so yeah, he should attempt to use that if he's serious and not just trying to stroke off yuppies who are into microdosing or whatever

Get Harry to do a thumbprint with crystal acid. That would be interesting, because thumbprints (10-40mg of LSD ie 100-400 × the effective psychedelic dose) were how to root out law enforcement from groups distributing acid...

f&b I did an mg+ dose of 1p-LSD (had powder on my index finger so maybe I did that wrong lol) and I’m almost sure most of talk about thumbprints is bs. I basically ODed and felt great after it. In a sense it was less intense than some 200 - 250µ acid trips

From what I've read, in reports from people who have done a thumbprint, it does change you permanently, but even 10mg of LSD only lasts 3 days, it's what you experience during those 3 days.
It's probably like smoking a breakthrough (50mg+) of DMT ie. you go up so fucking fast, you have no time to panic (not that you'd ever catch me trying a thumbprint. The biggest dose of LSD I've ever had is 600ug (one of the 'Cheshire Cats', I've mentioned elsewhere) and it was a 'fuck me' experience...

Well for me come up was FASTER than with a huge smoked doses of DMT smoked (seconds vs 10s of seconds) while being a lot smoother at the same time believe it or not. It didn’t last a lot longer than normal dose (beside that I knowingly took 450µ top, usually preferred 150 - 250µ and once I estimate 500 – 600µ while taking unevenly dosed blotters) in my case. Does it matter I took 1p-LSD not LSD time I did an index finger print, I’m almost positive it doesn’t as 1p and regular acid were same for me and I had acid hundred of times and tens of experiences with 1p, al-lad and few with LSZ (didn’t like that one).