• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

pseudoephedrine dosage

The mean LD50 is 2206mg/kg. That's a fucking huge dose, but atleast it's relatively safe.

If this figure for the LD50 is correct then at least the dose some people in this thread have recommended (120 mg) is about a factor of 20 less than the LD50.

The major problem I see with the OP's plan is that they were contemplating taking an 'E' pill on the same night. If they were unlucky enough to cop something full of methamphetamine, then the interaction between the two might leave them feeling slightly seedy, possibly with a racing heart/panic attack.

From memory, the half life of pseudo is measured in hours (8 or so I think?) so it would hang around for awhile. My feeling is that if the shit was really worth taking then it would not be as readily available as it is (over the counter).

I utse and figured this would be the best thread to post to, anyway a few days ago I started getting the flu kind of bad and long story short I went and got tylenol cold and flu severe that has pse in it 30mg per pill as well as 15mg of dextramethorphine(sp?)per pill. I only took two pills as directed after supper because I didn't want to get too sick and vomit.

1 hour after taking them I was like wow, they made me kind of chatty and energetic as well as taking away alot of the flu symptoms. I also must mention that I'm on methadone 200mg a day(mmt clinic) and xanax 2mg 3x daily. Opies are my drug of choice hence why I'm on mmt and I'm allowed to be prescribed the xanax only from my psychiatrist(clinics at least here can't give benzo's too). I am on the benzo for anxiety/panic attacks and ptsd.

I feel kind of bad like I "screwed up and relapsed again" and am afraid to tell the clinic for fear I'll be taken off the done or given an increase or decrease in dose etc, so I figured I would get some helpful advice etc from people here who know alot more about harm reduction etc as far as me mixing the cold and flu with the two meds I'm on daily.

I'm worried because I've been taking two pills of the "pse" at least 2 or max 3x daily for the past 2, going on 3 days this morning in the wee hours of the night at 2:30 am. I woke up real nervous, suddenly couldn't sleep from 12 midnight till 2:30am when I broke down and took two pills again this am. I finally "calmed down" and got to sleep finally at 4am only to wake up at a little past 5am feeling the same nervous and sad, "awful type of feeling" I feel just like I get when I start withdrawling from an Opiate. I was like "oh crap I hope it doesn't show in my face or eyes that I've been taking the tylenol with pse in it".

I felt lousy as I finally got out of bed to get to the clinic when they open at 630am. I got there a bit later than that, but drank my dose and when I said "thanks etc" the dosing nurse said bye and kind of looked at me funny. I also feel hotter than normal when I got home from dosing just a bit ago and then took my xanax an hour after my mmt dose. I'm feeling better now but still a little shaky, nervous a little and still a little warm even with the a/c on. I'm afraid to take these pills of course now, plus I dont have any flu symptoms anymore so my main questions are.

Will this all pass over soon since I stopped taking them? will this show up in my urine test if the clinic tests me which is due any day now I think? is it dangerous to take this combo? am I just more worried than I should be because I'm going through some "bad combo etc?" or will this just be something simple to get through and not much to worry about?
Wish me luck, I just hope I get over this and sleep better tonite or next night and most of all, I hope I am able to just stop taking the tylenol with pse in it too, without feeling so bad today that I give in and take 2 again and wind up with a new worse "monkey on my back".

Thanks in advance for any advice or helpful info

i always hated taking Ephedrine, way to jittery and paranoid, unlike pseudoephedrine which is just a nice boost of energy.

Do you guys think 700mg of pseuhophedrine is an overdose?? i have that much in my dxm and i was wonderin if i should still take it without out having to worry.

Do you guys think 700mg of pseuhophedrine is an overdose?? i have that much in my dxm and i was wonderin if i should still take it without out having to worry.
It won't kill you, but that is WAY to much, you will feel like shit. Don't do it.

If you want some energy for later, why not just go buy a rockstar or something similar instead? That will probably be more effective than taking pseudoephedrine.

Psuedoephedrine for energy? Say what?

I take 240mg (sustained release) right before bed sometimes during allergy season and I never have any trouble sleeping. Never noticed any stimulating effects from the stuff...

700 mg of pseudoephedrine will kill you or send u into psychosis on its own. mixed with dxm, thats a VERY stupid move. also, the rec dose of pseudo is 0mg., because it won't get u high

We aren't talking about using pseudoephedrine recreationally. How about reading at least few posts before making bullshit assumptions :\

how about before you being a smart Ass, i was trying to let this orginal poster know that he probably wont get beneficial effects for energy with Pseudoephedrine, due to the fact it is junk and nasty to the CNS. ;-)

how about instead of going through all this trouble everyone , and taking Pseudo, and Ephedra, just go to a psychiatirst and get a script for Amphetamines, in New York they are Rxed like Candy, my shrink asked me what specific amphetamine i wanted and what dose, so i chose dexedrine 15mg, 3month supply. its very easy to get. then you can have energy and not worry about all the horrible side effects of pseudo or ephedra.