View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Psychedelics and Kundalini Energy

Bob Loblaw

Bluelight Crew
Recently while tripping on a low dose (+ to ++) of Mushrooms, I was lying on my bed waiting to come-up, when suddenly a giant wave of energy started creeping up upon me. It started slowly but quickly built up intensity. A sound followed with it; hard to describe but I'd say it was like a slow oscillating sound, very unique. This energy would build up and engulf me, flowing through my body to an almost scary level of intensity. I've experienced this a few other times (on Mushrooms and 2C-T-7), and so has my friend. I asked him what that was caused by, as I had never seen it (and still haven't really) listed as an effect of psychedelics. He said it was called Kundalini Energy. I looked into it, but didn't find too much that I understood in regards to energy building in one's body. I'm not even sure if what we experienced was truly Kundalini Energy or just something else.

Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone know what this is called, if not Kundalini? Also can anyone with lots of experience with this explain how/if it can be channeled and used in a positive way or how it can be learned to control this phenomenon?

Edit for clarification: The waves of energy were definitely not just a body high; they started distinctly and then left after maybe 10 minutes. They come in wave periods like that and feel in no way similar to any other physical effects brought about from psychedelics.

Last edited:
But did the "waves of cosmic bliss" come immediately from masturbating? When I felt the Kundalini I was not doing anything except laying on my bed texting my friend.

This energy was not exactly what I would call pleasant. In fact, when they first started it was actually quite unsettling; I felt that if I surrendered too much control then I might get lost and suffer the consequences.

Ive experienced this also on the come-up of mushrooms, probably not as intense as you described but none-the-less i had the meanest 'body buzz' ive ever had. just felt like pure energy as you said..

I get this on mushrooms also. It really does feel like energy/electricity is going to shoot out your arms, legs, head =D . When it happens it feels extremely euphoric. Straight after it happens I get a feeling if being reborn or something like that.

mmmm Mushrooms.

I'm a bit jealous... Mushrooms make me feel old and tired. They're almost always a death and rebirth experience for me.

i know this feeling you speak of.

it's particularly amplified by phenethylamine.

follow the white rabbit.

Last edited:
Interesting. I've been experienceing an odd but similar phenomenom recently, when sober generally, though the first experience was on DPT. Basically, I feel a "heat" or energy rise from my stomach area into my forehead. I don't know how to explain it, but the feeling isn't entirely present, until it reaches my head, whereupon I feel very euphoric, and slightly overwhelemed with the reality of reality :) I have always had a tense stomach, which is lately releasing somewhat- said that trauma is stored in the stomach area/chakra, so I wonder if perhaps I am lifting a certain pain/force (unconciously) into my conciousness/crown chakra/brain-energy-node-thing.

Weird stuff these psychedelics eh?

Does sound like kundalini to me. You can have these kind of experiences without any drugs too. The 'pain' in your forehead is actually the stimulation of what is know as the '3rd eye' in the etheric sense or in the physical body this would be the pituitary and pineal glands (Pineal gland produces DMT ;-) - Check out Dr Straussmans work).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISMgQtkRvEs - this short vid will tell you about the pineal gland a little more and it importance in ancient cultures.

The old yogic traditions explain what you guys are experiencing as something like this....

The are 7 energy centers located vertically along the spine at intervals starting at the base of the spine. 'Kundalini' is the name that has been given to an 'energy' that rises like a snake apparently up the spine activating these chakras each in turn. Kundalini is actually the old Sanskrit word for serpant.

The chakras are said to be spinning wheels of energy and they are responsible for the oscilating sound you are hearing.

Kundalini is actually a sexual energy.. so it is likely you guys were feeling slightly aroused at the time this was happening. Although this isnt neccessary and physical signs of arousal isnt neccessary either.

This energy has been called many things in many different cultures. Many independent cultures has recorded it in their history... Hindus call is Pranna, Chinese call it Chi or Qi. Greeks, Ancient Egyptians and Aboriginies have all noted it.

Swilow: the heat that is held in your stomach actually sounds like Yang Chi (there are 2 different kinds according to Taoist thought Ying Chi and Yang Chi - this is actually where the Yin/Yang symbol comes from)... is this area it is coming from about four fingers below your Navel? If it is then this is the 'dan tien' and is basically a storage place for Chi. It is strange that you have lots of it already there. Generally people build it up over years and years of meditation...... like this man - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkBKXhOzcvc&

I would be careful if I were you though... if this force/energy from you stomach chakra really is yang chi, and it is hot like you say. I have read that it is dangerous to bring it up to you brain and leave it there. So make sure you always bring the energy back to you dan tien when your done.

Its wicked you guys are awakening this part of yourselves. I have only had an experience like this once... and I wasnt high. I have been chasing it again ever since. Thats why I know all this stuff now....

I havnt tried most of the psychedelics you guys are talking about.. only mushies and salvia.. I'm not into anything too dangerous or anything like that. Fill me in on these other things plz.. what is 2c?

btw... first post, so hi all :)

Peace x

Last edited:
Excellent and informative first post, Sublime. 2c's are a group of compounds which belong in the phenethylamine class of drugs. They are research chemicals which basically means there new, and we hardly know anything about them(potentially dangerous). 2c itself is not an active compound, 2c-E however... ;)

Swilow: fuckin eh'.

But did the "waves of cosmic bliss" come immediately from masturbating? When I felt the Kundalini I was not doing anything except laying on my bed texting my friend.

This energy was not exactly what I would call pleasant. In fact, when they first started it was actually quite unsettling; I felt that if I surrendered too much control then I might get lost and suffer the consequences.

no, I didn't experience that. Mine began as I was listening to music, laying on my bed. I started to feel sexually aroused, then had the urge to go at it. The energy went from below my genitals up through my head. It was a totally pleasurable experience.

Thanx tBirdee... I have heard about research chemicals....

no worries Swillow. I will work it out :)

Last edited:
^Can't tell you where to get them, but in the PD Index, have a look into all the chems starting with the term 2-C. They are probabky the most commonly used research chemicals. :)

Psychedelics can awaken kundalini and I wouldn't be surprised some of the reported cases of psychedelics triggering psychosis are related to kundalini being awakened in unprepared individuals.

I've noticed that for me HBWR seeds stimulate the kundalini energy as can 4-AcO-DMT.

One of my Kundalini books theorizes that beta-carbolines may be related to Kundalini awakening, but I can't find the exact reference at the moment.

A few book recommendations:

My favorite Kundalini book ( I have quite a few) is "Kundalini: Empowering Human Evolution, Selected Writings of Gopi Krishna" edited by Gene Kieffer. It covers a lot of ground. Another great book that compiles the work of many different authors is "Kundalini: Evolution and Enlightenment" edited by John White.

When I'm on LSD my body high is... like a bottle ready to burst into a million pieces.

Recently while tripping on a low dose (+ to ++) of Mushrooms, I was lying on my bed waiting to come-up, when suddenly a giant wave of energy started creeping up upon me. It started slowly but quickly built up intensity. A sound followed with it; hard to describe but I'd say it was like a slow oscillating sound, very unique. This energy would build up and engulf me, flowing through my body to an almost scary level of intensity.

I've experienced what I believe to be a similar occurence, however not on a low dose such as this. Or rather I have, but no where near the intensity of my iitial similar experience and therefor, they haven't really stuck in my memory. I was lying in bed also, but actually it was during what I thought at the time to be the comedown; had my mind blown around uneasily for 3 hours and I layed in bed with my son (2yr. then) to relax and drift off to sleep. But as my mind wandered, I began having superimposed visions off Krsna in a garden with gopis, and it felt like my consciousness was that vision, I *was* the garden, Krsna, and gopis; as if there was no isolated source of my awareness. As I came back to my bedroom, I noticed that my son's heartbeat and mine were beating as one, and that's when the energy wave became apparent.

I remember seeing bubbles falling in through the window, and one landed in my open hand. As it touched my palm, I felt and thought to myself "this is it, whatever is in this bubble is whatever we are all looking for" and just then it popped. The sound that came from it was explosive, but quickly there it was, the sound you mention, and I understood immediatley why so many people for such a long time chant AUM during meditation/prayer.

This turned out to be the peak of that trip, and from that moment to when I was 'let go' so to speak, I can only dimly recall what I experienced. The most profound memory was when I was made aware of how that sound is the oldest moment in reality, how it is us and we are it, and (call it bullshit, Im sure it must be hard to believe) I relived our totality as it was created, from the moment of utterance back to the moment I was in. Of course I didnt actually *relive* it, but I felt like I did witness how it all began and how we are all one now, are one at the source, and are at the end.

I dont know what to make of Kundalini (I gave up my yogic sadhanas 2 years ago) but that moment marked my awakening to the Absolute, to such an extent that all mind was temporarily trascended and God as it's own expression left a lingering seed in me waiting to grow. Of course I've had moments of a nirvana or samadhi, whatever we want to call that awareness of a single expression, but they are no where as profound surely due to the absence of forced visions. Anyway once I was able to regain a somewhat solid grasp on my surroundings, an immense wave of bliss billowed through me and I looked at my son with tears in my eyes. Bittersweet absurdity, love and empathy shooting back and forth. That sound has never actually gone away, it just seems to be perceived by me through infinitly numerous expressions of itself. Sometimes I hear Aum, sometimes I feel Aum, sometimes I think of Brahma and sometimes I think of Shiva. Lila is the Hindu name for the cosmic drama, like being a cameraman for a movie starring everything.
Namaste +