• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

"Q-Ball"...wtf?

StaySedated

Bluelighter
i read on wikipedia that seroquel, an anti-psychotic is mixed with coke and shot, similar to a "speedball". this sounds like a stupid combo considering the seroquel will block cokes effects via dopamine receptor antagonism, but for some reason some people do it. has anybody done this, is it positive in any way to point of being worthwhile?

why do some people do this combo then? i'd think the be better off with just coke but idk...

i think the same thing, but i am curious at what the effects of such a combo are.

My guess would be the cocaine would be just enough to keep you awake while the seroquel would be making you tired so yeah my bet is it would suck. I certainly never would IV fucking seroquel thats just retarded.

Because anything they think is stupid (and shooting seraquel certainly is) gets moved here.

Maybe so they pass out as soon as the rush is over?

i guess since the seroquel would outlast the coke like smack does in a real speedball but the seroquel would antagonize cokes effect.at least coke and h feel good with each other.i guess the only way to find out the appeal of a "q-ball" is to try it myself ;) .

I was actually curious about this to. I kept seeing these articles or some shit but I haven't seen anyone on these boards actually posting about it which made me think that these they were just bull shit. I did find this on a quick google search though.

A 33-year-old married Caucasian male with a history of polysubstance dependence (cocaine, heroin, alcohol, benzodiazepines) reported to the local county hospital emergency room requesting assistance with drug detoxification and rehabilitation. The patient endorsed daily use of intravenous cocaine mixed with 400 mg–800 mg of quetiapine. Quetiapine was surreptitiously diverted from his wife’s prescription. He reported crushing the quetiapine tablets and mixing the resulting powder with cocaine and water. He subsequently heated the mixture and drew the supernatant through a cotton swab into a syringe to administer intravenously. When asked why he engaged in this drug mixture, he stated that it achieved desired "hallucinogenic" effects.
It may be hypothesized that quetiapine was substituted for heroin in our case (to form a "Q-ball") because the sedative/anxiolytic effects of quetiapine may mitigate the dysphoria associated with cocaine withdrawal and to possibly provide a "hallucinogenic" effect.

So... I guess that's it? IDK.

^never heard of seroquel being hallucinogenic, but i can see it being used to combat the harsh comedown of i.v. coke.

I dont get the use of seroquel AT ALL. Any time I used it...it made me feel like SHIIIIT. I would feel ultra sore, couldnt concentrate, just plain fucked up...and in the end I would pass the fuck out for about 18 hrs. Waking up and feeling like I havent slept a wink.

I just dont get it.

Why would someone use it for cocaine comedown?

^To pass out as soon as you run out of coke. I've done it before smoking crack (not IV, LOL),

Shooting Seroquil seems so so dumb. Perhaps you could still combine them, just not thru IV.

As far as I know the practivce started in jail where it would be a wonder drug. Sleep your time away. I'm sure there must be coke rush followed by a rapid switch to sedation. Like a very odd speedball of sorts.

Sleep is good while locked up and choices are somewhat limited.