• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Q: Was my weed laced? (A: No, you just got really stoned).

Nobody adds cocaine to weed and sells it as regular weed. I wish they did but thats like wishing your drug dealer just gives away drugs. Cocaine is atleast twice as expensive as weed weight for weight pretty much anywhere you go, it makes no sense.

My guess is that a trace amount of cocaine is likely to have been due to re-use of a baggie that once contained coke.

Exactly. What dealer would be dumb enough to spend money on coke to sell at a fraction of the price as cannabis?

This. Also, AFAIK, you can't really smoke powdered coke...I think the heat renders it inactive, so it seems unlikely you would test positive for it if a little happened to be in the baggy.

Nobody adds cocaine to weed and sells it as regular weed. I wish they did but thats like wishing your drug dealer just gives away drugs. Cocaine is atleast twice as expensive as weed weight for weight pretty much anywhere you go, it makes no sense.

Yeah, IME coke is probably about 3x as much per gram as pot, so anyone who actually did this would be losing a TON of profit. Also, I've heard people say "but there were crystals on the bud!" which, well, indicates that it's good bud...not that there's coke on it.

Lately I've heard more about people adding JWH cannabinoids to shitty weed, since where I am JWH products are still legal and not very expensive. However, it's usually already on some type of herbal substance if you grab it at a head shop, so that seems like it wouldn't be the best thing to do either. I know I can clearly tell the difference, and I hate the JWH high, so this would mean find a new source if it happens. I have encountered "sprayed" (or adulterated, to use Yerg's term) buds before, and it usually has a very gross nasty chemical taste...I encountered some of this not long ago, was able to tell instantly, and if anything it gave me a headache, not a "trippier" high.

One time I smoked weed and it made me (and everyone else who smoked it) feel weird. Then I took a drug test (one other person who had smoked it did too) and it came up positive for pcp even though I hadn't done pcp at that point in my life. The bud smelled a bit funny, but not very strongly or noticeably, so I figure there just wasn't that much sherm in the weed. But there was definitely some.

I figure that occasionally dealers lightly lace weed to make the herb seem stronger then it is and increase sales value. That, or they think that they can get people addicted by giving them something potentially addictive. This weed was bought from a ghetto dealer who didn't know shit about drugs, and also sold pcp as well as weed. I don't know what was going through his head though, I never confronted him because it wasn't worth it.

Laced weed happens, but it's very rare and in 99% of all cases you just got too high. If you're really worried that you got laced bud then go to a pharmacy and buy a drug test and take it, end of story. Or just don't buy the weed that makes you feel bad in the future, that might work too.

I almost got slapped by someone the other day when I gave him a joint of my homegrown smellyberry, because he thought I had spiked it. At first he was really mad but then when I managed to convince him it was just weed he was quite grateful for the experience as he ended up rolling about on the floor almost in pain with the giggles.

Good old school weed is in a different league to some of the shit going round today, and can and does take people by surprise.

Try some oldtimers weed and you'll know what I mean about old school weed being a completely different kettle of fish.

I almost got slapped by someone the other day when I gave him a joint of my homegrown smellyberry, because he thought I had spiked it. At first he was really mad but then when I managed to convince him it was just weed he was quite grateful for the experience as he ended up rolling about on the floor almost in pain with the giggles.

Good old school weed is in a different league to some of the shit going round today, and can and does take people by surprise.

Try some oldtimers weed and you'll know what I mean about old school weed being a completely different kettle of fish.

Old heads know what their doing and usually have good shit. I love some homegrown

Some time a few months ago I had a crazy high where I saw purple hue around eveyrthing and I was just so baked, I then looked over at my friend and asked "what the fuck was in that weed!" but later when i sobered up I realised that was dumb to say that and I was just really high..

This. Also, AFAIK, you can't really smoke powdered coke...I think the heat renders it inactive, so it seems unlikely you would test positive for it if a little happened to be in the baggy.
Cocaine HCl burns (turns into other, non-active compounds) at about the same temperature as it vaporises, so it's a very inefficient way to use it. However, I recall some interesting speculation about cocaine mixed with tobacco or cannabis freebasing in situ when you smoke it as a result of reactions with stronger natural bases present in the herbal material.

As psychotomemetic says, laced weed does occur. It's just that in the majority of cases that are asked about in this forum it sounds like people just got really stoned. In any case, people on the internet aren't going to be able to do anything other than speculate, so such threads have little value.

When I was in high school, I didn't smoke much, so I was definitely the prime person to make this sort of assumption. It's weird though because... okay, so this one time, I smoked with my friend, his older brother, and his friends. His older brother was (and still is) a huge pothead, and he always has really good weed, so it was definitely strong shit.

So we smoked by this school at night and I got REALLY high. At this point, I never enjoyed weed, I always got too high, and crazy. But I remember like... not only was shit all fragmented (which I know, can happen) but I started seeing these crazy neon outlines on my friend while I was talking to him. Other crazy shit too, can't remember too well.

Anyway, the significant part of the story is this: I explained what happened to someone who was a HUGE pothead. Like... every single day, it was a part of their life, you know the deal. For years too. So they knew weed. And I described what happened, and they thought there was a possibility that the weed might be laced.

Now that I'm 21 and know like, 2 more things than I knew when I was 14/15 lol, I think I can safely say I just got really fucked up. Especially since everyone else was fine... hah. So it's weird that this person thought it might be laced? My best guess might be that they smoked so much that they never got that high anymore (and maybe never did) so it just sounded that crazy to them...? I don't know. I just remember when I explained my "trip" so to speak, they were like "Whoa."

Meh.

Anyway.

Yeah. Weed can be really strong. People don't realize how powerful it can really be. I would like it more if it wasn't always accompanied by crippling anxiety. If I could just chill and enjoy it, I would like more intense highs. And I trip a lot, so it's not like I can't handle a strong trip. It's just something about weed... dunno, it gets to me easily.

Still like it a lot though. :]

I almost died was it laced?

Sorry if I put this in the wrong section, but I wanted the most answers and feedback because I want to know if I have a condition or was my weed laced?

I'm not new to smoking weed. In fact I smoke about 5-7 times a day at least. And I've been doing this for a year. I was given a joint and smoked it with someone. I was looking at the smoke and it was really milky looking which looked odd to me.

We didn't finish the whole joint. The high was strange and it was something I've never experienced before. Usually when I listen to music I can still function properly, but the music was just so intense I couldn't concentrate on anything but the music. The high was weird because I couldn't figure out the distance of the car in front of me. it kept moving back and forth. I had finally reached home and i laid on my bed not feeling so well. Then after 30 minutes of smoking the joint I sat down and my heart started to beat irregular.and fast. I could feel it gradually speeding up.

It felt my skin crawling and I licked my lips over and over. My mouth was so dry that when I drank water it felt as if I wasn't drinking anything. The person I smoked with said he didn't feel anything, but then again he's experimented with a variety of drugs except for heroine. He was also a daily meth user.

Soon I couldnt handle the high because I was scared. So I had someone drive me to the hospital and I felt like i was dying, but I couldn't cry and I felt a intense feeling of euphoria. When I reached the hospital they asked me to take a urine sample, but I was so dehydrated I couldn't pee at all. My mouth was drier than any time I've smoked weed and so were my eyes. They laid me on the bed and I started to shake uncontrollably and my toes started to turn blue.

They had to put me on Ativan for two hours to lower my heart rate because my heart was going 200 bpm. I'm thinking it was laced for sure now that I re-read what I just typed, but I want to make sure because the people that gave me the joint keep saying that it wasn't laced. Even though their reasoning sounds like total BS i just want to keep safe before I even smoke another bowl. By the way the doctors said that if I hadn't gone to the hospital in fifteen minutes, I would've died.

I went to the doctor three days after to take another drug test but only THC showed up. Do most amphetamines leave your system after three days?

Last edited:
That sounds really scary!

You said the hospital wanted to do a ua but you couldn't go? Did they do any blood work instead to maybe see what was in your system?

Yeah I couldn't pee at all. They took a blood sample from me, but the hospital only tests for 5 things and the things they tested for didn't show up. They test for heroine, cocaine, marijuana, meth and they said "amphetamines". I was thinking it was ecstasy or some type of amphetamine, since they weren't clear.

They don't test for MDMA, so I was wondering if anyone who has smoked felt similar effects.

Last edited:
Your stuff wasn't laced, you just smoked too much. We get threads like this all the time at Bluelight and it is exceedingly rare for weed to ever be laced. Extreme heart rate, confusion, dry mouth, and paranoia are all symptoms of a bad reaction to marijuana. Usually it is caused by unusually potent product being smoked, the other half of the time it's personal tolerance.

Generally drug dealers won't "lace" weed with anything because the other drugs used as "laces" are almost always more expensive per dose, and if you give your clientele heart attacks they won't come back. If your weed was indeed laced it's most likely to be some sort of synthetic cannabinoid like JWH. It's super unlikely your weed was laced with amphetamine.

I would avoid that batch of marijuana, or approach with caution.

As for the doctors telling you about the risk of death - that's a bald-faced lie used as a scare tactic, IMO. Cannabis overdoses are unpleasant but I have yet to hear of a fatal one.

i can relate "drako".i had a similair experience a few yrs ago. i only took a few hits from a joint and i barely made it home.i collapsed in my recliner and heart was beating out of my chest. horrible feeeling i prayed to god to not let me die. it was intense. i suspected that shit was laced. with what, i do not know. i have always been super sensitive to the effects of marijauna only smoking if i had xanax and beer to counter the effects of it. i had always been able to find a happy medium . not that night! i havent touched any weed since and never will.

Last edited:
Ive thought about how unlikely it is to be laced, however the "dealer" is also related to the person I smoked with. So if he asked to amp it up a little, the person would've done it with no qualms. I'm certain of this as I've known both of them for seventeen years.

I've spoken to two doctors and several nurses. One of these doctors being a pothead. And both said that even if a person has an anxiety attack after smoking weed, it wouldn't bring your heart rate to 200bpm or require Ativan for two hours.

It's most likely a JWH or other synthetic cannabinoid of some sort then. They act as much stronger relatives of THC and have had all sorts of gnarly effects like seizures, tachycardia, and anxiety.

The standard treatment for cannabinoid overdose seems to be doping the patient up on benzos til they calm down, and supporting the physical symptoms. Anxiety attacks can be truly spectacular - you're right that an experienced user wouldn't have that reaction - but I can see it happening to a drug naive person no problem.

I don't think it was amphetamine because amphetamine takes effect very rapidly if smoked and the "mania" is much more stimulatory. Also because amphetamine is expensive and usually stinky. (like fish or other amines)

Are there cases of people being put on ativan and their heart rate going that high? I personally don't know anyone that has gone to the hospital so I was skeptical about chalking it up to my low tolerance. Or it being potent weed since I usually pick up my weed from clinics.

sekio is completely right, it was just a very bad reaction to the weed... I spent most of my high school years smoking bud until it started affecting me really weird... I stopped smoking weed for about 3-4 years because every time I would smoke it would really mess with my head. I could handle myself on a few hits of acid better than smoking weed, which is strange... weed just really fucks me up.

It would make my heart pound so fast and uncontrollably, and being so high it felt like it was gonna beat so fast it would explode... and I would shake/shiver like i was cold and get really socially awkward and paranoid...

BUT IT WASN'T LACED... I just started to have a bad reaction to being really high... this is exactly what happened to you, maybe you had different symptoms but it most likely wasn't laced.

Like sekio said it would be so illogical for a dealer to lace pot with other drugs... he would lose money from putting a more expensive drug in the pot and not charging for the addition, not to mention all the potheads who were jacked up on meth who would never buy from him again.

The only time there is another drug in pot is if the user puts it in there him or herself because they want to get high on both things...

but this still isn't very useful, because directly burning amphetamines is a waste, they need to be vaporized... and MDMA really cannot be smoked, it will all burn up... PCP or "angel dust" is probably the only thing one would add to their own pot.

Sounds like a panic attack. This can happen to anyone regardless of your tolerance and how much you usually smoke. Im talking from my own experiance, used to smoke shit loads with no issues atall but now dont touch it due to panic attack/anxiety reasons, just dont get any pleasure from it now. Yes it does feel like your dieing at the time, but trust me your not.

It is not in any dealers intrest to lace weed with stimulants.