• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Qi Gong. Anyone practicing it?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Dear BL Fam,

Anyone here practice specifically Qi Gong exercises here? How did you learn to do it properly? Qi Gong specifically I’m asking about rather than Tai Chi. Thanks.

Dear BL Fam,

Anyone here practice specifically Qi Gong exercises here? How did you learn to do it properly? Qi Gong specifically I’m asking about rather than Tai Chi. Thanks.
I did some lessons with a guy years ago in another city. Then i left it alone for 5+ years while i re-upped on my drug/self destruct program.
Always knew i'd come back to it though (and will again, even if i keep relapsing forever)

The prompt to begin again was just a friend casually mentioning Lee Holden's videos. There's a 20 min morning & evening routines. And thats what i started with as a daily practise.

It was like getting in the lane. Imo thats all thats needed in the beginning.. I learned plenty in that 1 month just following those videos.

Of course qi gong is esoteric, but the practise is easy & doing it in that spirit seems the best advice anyway. Best way to get the mind to fade to the background so one can just enjoy the beautiful movements and get a taste

I'm happy doing it alone atm, because i like the slow trance without keeping in sync with others. I should go to some classes though, its a good idea for having someone observe posture etc. Also i'm sure classes are really happy & unpretentious places to be.

Last edited: