• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Question for you pot connoisseurs.

i honestly think it's garbage pretendicus but im trying not to be an elitist prick :)

I honestly agreed with you up until this last time, but yea often it’s a great example of how a cool name, good bag appeal and ok smell sells these days.

GMO is one of my absolute favorites but too strong for what OPs looking for.

According to this it should be sleepy and its parents are 2 indicas crossed, unless the bit you had was cut early ? (clear trichs)

Yea in this case I believe they’re wrong, it’s always marketed as a sleepy indica but it lacks the decent body stone that IMO works for sleep. The last time I got it I drove across country smoking it with only few hours sleep and it didn’t make me sleepy. As Krinkle said, it’s kinda lackluster more often than not.

Now Gelato, that’s a sleepy strain. That shit almost always puts me out pretty quick.

-GC

i have a really nice cut of gelato....the mochi cut...i'd gift it to you if you were near - it's a great plant...

very good smoke

that's one of the cookie crosses that i like....gelato and sherb are my 2 faves....but yea GMO is really strong

i grew some gsc x sunshine daydream but i had to get rid of it because it would throw out some pollen sometimes and give me some seeds....it was a forum cut cross and those are a little more unstable so i definitely stay away from them now...but the smoke was outstanding...i still have some of those seeds left

here's a pic of it:

RLLnmGKl.jpg

i have a really nice cut of gelato....the mochi cut...i'd gift it to you if you were near - it's a great plant...

very good smoke

that's one of the cookie crosses that i like....gelato and sherb are my 2 faves....but yea GMO is really strong

i grew some gsc x sunshine daydream but i had to get rid of it because it would throw out some pollen sometimes and give me some seeds....it was a forum cut cross and those are a little more unstable so i definitely stay away from them now...but the smoke was outstanding...i still have some of those seeds left

here's a pic of it:

RLLnmGKl.jpg
That is a beautiful bud.

That is a beautiful bud.

thanks....they kinda grew like a spear but the buds were super dense...it was really good pot and it yielded well and it was done in 9 weeks - the 3rd time i ran it, is when it really got pollinated....so i had to discount it all out and explain to everybody that they might find some seeds....thats no fun when you have to do that so i had to cull it

do you guys like gorilla glue? i think that's some of the best smoke around but boy did that plant give me problems between it eating my carbon filters and still stinking out into the driveway and it can drop some pollen on you too....it's mom is actually a hermaphrodite so i stay from growing anything that's crossed with gg4 now too

but man, it's really good smoke

ive smoked Runtz a couple times but wasn't overly impressed....could've been lower grade samples that i got so i dont wanna rush to judgement on it

anybody smoked Runtz?

thanks....they kinda grew like a spear but the buds were super dense...it was really good pot and it yielded well and it was done in 9 weeks - the 3rd time i ran it, is when it really got pollinated....so i had to discount it all out and explain to everybody that they might find some seeds....thats no fun when you have to do that so i had to cull it
You gotta admire a plant that wants to survive and breed that much! I only grow the feminised ones these days, much easier than it was in the nineties when I started and you had to try to catch the males before they burst open.
Any tips for spider mites? I have no idea how they got in, honestly I think they drifted in the vents, but they ruined a very promising Kush and Cookies plant about two weeks before it finished. Suddenly the buds stretched and thinned and turned more leafy, as if it were going back into veg. I believe the spider mites did that. I might use it for edibles, I guess they can't all be successful.

You gotta admire a plant that wants to survive and breed that much! I only grow the feminised ones these days, much easier than it was in the nineties when I started and you had to try to catch the males before they burst open.
Any tips for spider mites? I have no idea how they got in, honestly I think they drifted in the vents, but they ruined a very promising Kush and Cookies plant about two weeks before it finished. Suddenly the buds stretched and thinned and turned more leafy, as if it were going back into veg. I believe the spider mites did that. I might use it for edibles, I guess they can't all be successful.

I haven't had them since 2016....but every time i have gotten them, it was from bringing in a plant from somebody else without quarantining it and going nuclear on it

but the last time 2 times i had them, i wiped out everything except for cuts - and then i made a bucket of Azamax and dipped the cuttings into it as i was cloning them and then put them in the cloner.....dipping them always worked the most effective for me....and then they're quarantined in the cloner and then i can clean everything else really well while they're rooting

they're a pain in the ass

do you guys like gorilla glue? i think that's some of the best smoke around but boy did that plant give me problems between it eating my carbon filters and still stinking out into the driveway and it can drop some pollen on you too....it's mom is actually a hermaphrodite so i stay from growing anything that's crossed with gg4 now too

but man, it's really good smoke

ive smoked Runtz a couple times but wasn't overly impressed....could've been lower grade samples that i got so i dont wanna rush to judgement on it

anybody smoked Runtz?

GG4 is another favorite. That to me is about as close as one gets to an “all around” weed. Good for day, good for night, good for everything. Sad cuz it’s kind of falling out of popularity, from 2016-19 it was really prevalent.

I love GG4 and any strain that has that bud structure and resinous stick. Before strain names were a big thing, I’d look for weed that was like this. I remember my boy had some stuff one summer that was kinda leafy, a bit of brown coloration to the buds, but smell that you could catch through someone’s pocket across a parking lot, those long calyx’s, and a stickiness where you could just press it against a wall and it would stay. No one but me wanted it cuz bag appeal but the high off that bud was divine, good memories fishing and kayaking that summer on it.

-GC

yea too many ppl concerned with bling over potency nowadays...

chem 4 is a classic example...kinda looks a little ratty but it's kickass if you take it 12 weeks

looks aren't everything!

ya know what i experienced with GG4 is that it drifts a little bit - a few other ppl i know stopped growing it because it drifted on them too - the yields went down

ive heard that the sour dubb, which is one of the parents, is known for drifting

:shrug:

ya know what i experienced with GG4 is that it drifts a little bit - a few other ppl i know stopped growing it because it drifted on them too - the yields went down

ive heard that the sour dubb, which is one of the parents, is known for drifting

:shrug:

What is “drifting” exactly? Never heard it.

-GC

My friend used to be like this and his favourite was bubblegum. It did seem to be less intense than your sativa dominant strains. Think it was a cross but most are. Hard to find pure anything nowadays though i could be totally wrong on the latter fact as the U.S are advancing fast with thc products

My friend used to be like this and his favourite was bubblegum. It did seem to be less intense than your sativa dominant strains. Think it was a cross but most are. Hard to find pure anything nowadays though i could be totally wrong on the latter fact as the U.S are advancing fast with thc products
It's amazing that the US went from locking people up for a blunt to approving concentrates that blow your head off, all in the space of very few years.
I mean if a plant is dangerous to let loose on the public (that's still the politics where I am) then aren't concentrates worse?
Sorry, I'm very envious! I might move back to a legal place when the pandemic settles.

aren't concentrates worse?
This topic deserves it's own thread but my opinion is that for medical reasons, concentrates are safer than flower. This is due to the amount needed to consume for medical patients is generally much higher than recreational. When smoking flower you are getting 80% plant material toxic tar. With concentrates? not so much.

The biggest downside to concentrates is tolerance. It's easy to overdo it.

This topic deserves it's own thread but my opinion is that for medical reasons, concentrates are safer than flower. This is due to the amount needed to consume for medical patients is generally much higher than recreational. When smoking flower you are getting 80% plant material toxic tar. With concentrates? not so much.

The biggest downside to concentrates is tolerance. It's easy to overdo it.
The tar, yeah. I sometimes put a silicone straw on the vaporizer mouthpiece to extend it. After one session it is incredibly sticky with globs of tar washing out. I hate to think how much is in my lungs from the other 90% of my vaping!
They say that none of it is carcenigenic (can't spell that) if you stay under 200'C, so that's something and I suspect that tar has a load of good stuff in it too (for my head, not my health).

Last edited: