• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Question for you pot connoisseurs.

TheUltimateFixx

Bluelighter
.. Of which I'm the opposite. I'm the pot equivalent of a wine philistine who can only distinguish between red and white. I'm like 'it's weed'. 😁

So I wanna know if there's particular strains you would recommend for a very mellow relaxing sociable kinda high -?
(As opposed to the sort where you first get pointlessly energetic, and then stand in the dairy aisle giggling hysterically because the existence of strawberry yoghurt is suddenly the most hilarious thing in the entire universe.)

a very mellow relaxing sociable kinda high
These are opposing ideas for me. haha
If I am mellow I don't wanna be fucked with.
The opposite (for me) is social.
They do have some killer hybrids (both up and down) and it seems this is a new normal for the weed industry idk cause I am only a user.
It takes some doing to find a perfect strain and then it's gone. Chasing... always the chase. ;)
Peace

I'm with hylite - eating decarbed sativa for 4-5 days puts me in the best anxiety free frame of mind I've ever had. Indica would prob be similar if i ate it but I just remember being couch-locked in the past so I tend to stick to sativa.

Sounds like you're after some kinda Kush to me
Can't argue with that but I could add dozens of strains that aren't in the Kush family that are Indica dominant you definitely want that as opposed to Sativa dominant from the sound of it but probably not pure Indica you want some uplift for social energy I enjoy exploring strains if you give me some time I will drop a few random strain names digging into some now for you

Not sure what your source is and I could sit here all day brainstorming ideal strains but you can learn how to do that if you are inclined on cannabis sites like Leafly and Wayofleaf info databases if you grow your own your strain choices multiply tenfold the seed banks carry strains you will never find at many dispensaries awesome ones at that

Two more ideas for fun then gotta run hope you find a good fit

Blue Diesel & Cherries Jubilee

There are so many variations today of genetics you could find a Sativa leaning hybrid that is relaxing but it might take more work and exploration than you want to take on lol

Last edited:
Any thoughts on different types of sativa? I've been exploring stardawg, chemdawg, but I think I tried one - Lemon shake - that was faintly indica and I didn't tell much difference. I usually just eat the shake version.

Can't argue with that but I could add dozens of strains that aren't in the Kush family that are Indica dominant you definitely want that as opposed to Sativa dominant from the sound of it but probably not pure Indica you want some uplift for social energy
First off thanks for your extensive reply. 🙂
... So I've been asking some weed enthusiast mates as well ; one of them said s.th. called black kush would fit the bill ; apparently it's indica - heavy but with some percentage of sativa and also fairly strong, and that he could get hold of some. Anyone had this variety and would you say it's a good one to try?

The seed is only as good as how it you grow it. Good strains can turn out shit and vice-versa. People put too much emphasis on strains. They're isn't that much different between quality bud and quality bud. It pretty much comes down to indica vs sativa.

Strains with some CBD in them like pre 98 bubba kush are my go tos for this kind of thing.

If you are really sensitive to THC you could go with a CBD heavy strain such as Charlotte's Web

.. Of which I'm the opposite. I'm the pot equivalent of a wine philistine who can only distinguish between red and white. I'm like 'it's weed'. 😁

So I wanna know if there's particular strains you would recommend for a very mellow relaxing sociable kinda high -?
(As opposed to the sort where you first get pointlessly energetic, and then stand in the dairy aisle giggling hysterically because the existence of strawberry yoghurt is suddenly the most hilarious thing in the entire universe.)
wow you can distinguish between strains and be a 'non connoisseur' at the same time.

I only distinguish Haze and others. The others could cause couch lock. But haze can to, so its a fine line. Lots a cross breeding.

wow you can distinguish between strains and be a 'non connoisseur' at the same time.
Well I hear my mates going on about 'strains' all the time. I've always thought weed is weed and just had whatever I was given. But also noticed sometimes it seemed to have a different effect than others, which I always put down to a difference in THC concentration but apparently it's due to line breeding of different plants. Hence my question.

Well I hear my mates going on about 'strains' all the time. I've always thought weed is weed and just had whatever I was given. But also noticed sometimes it seemed to have a different effect than others, which I always put down to a difference in THC concentration but apparently it's due to line breeding of different plants. Hence my question.
There’s different assortments of cannabinoids in each strain. That’s mainly why you feel different smoking different strains.

The berry types do seem different, but then again these are very potent weed's.

But they containcertain type's of Terpene's i personally like.

Any thoughts on different types of sativa? I've been exploring stardawg, chemdawg, but I think I tried one - Lemon shake - that was faintly indica and I didn't tell much difference. I usually just eat the shake version.
Yes Sir. I recommend Haze's (very basic description is that Haze's are a cross of Mexican x Thai x South African sativa's. There's something else, but I forget at the moment. Amnesia Haze. Northern Lights Haze are 2 standouts.

Tom