• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Quick Q: Can heroin be taken sublingually?

Yes! Though not to the same effect as other ROA's.

It depends upon the type of heroin you have and how pure it is. Decent #4 (being a water soluble salt) would likely be much more effective than #3. Also very difficult to judge your dose using this ROA...

Salivation can kinda fuck it up. It goes overboard and then you're like swishing it around.

I can tolerate all that. It's mostly tar out here. So I assume if done correctly bioavailability would fall between ingestion and insufflation? Or maybe even insufflation and smoking? Will try it out and report back...

Yup BA is basically an inbetween of snorted and oral. There’s more getting straight to the blood stream than oral, but obviously not as much as snorted.

The closer you get to oral administration, the more heroin becomes essentially morphine with a higher BA. It loses that effect that makes the esters like heroin so damn good.

-GC

Yup BA is basically an inbetween of snorted and oral. There’s more getting straight to the blood stream than oral, but obviously not as much as snorted.

The closer you get to oral administration, the more heroin becomes essentially morphine with a higher BA. It loses that effect that makes the esters like heroin so damn good.

-GC
Yes. The difference between morphine and heroin is that how much more fast and efficient heroin is at penetrating the blood brain barrier. That's why you want the heroin in your bloodstream all at once and as quickly as possible. That's why most people inject or smoke it.

It’s more than simply a higher BA..

Diacetylmorphine metabolizes to 6-monoacetylmorphine then morphine. 6-MAM hits on a mu receptor subtype, talked about here.

“There is also evidence that 6-MAM binds to a subtype of μ-opioid receptors that are also activated by the morphine metabolite morphine-6β-glucuronide but not morphine itself. The third subtype of third opioid type is the mu-3 receptor, which may be a commonality to other six-position monoesters of morphine. The contribution of these receptors to the overall pharmacology of heroin remains unknown.”

I’ve had a lot of morphine and heroin over the years, and even IV they are different drugs.

-GC

so, if you want an immediate rush and don't want to IV or plug, then what it best - sublingual, buccal, or snort? What gives the bigger bang for the buck and longer half life?

I read on here if you dilute with 1ml of vodka sublingual, the absorption is better.

I want to bypass the stomach, metabolism breakdown as I think it is adding to my nausea and killing the effect. Also, on top of the tongue seems to be less desirable.

I am in NE USA and believe it is #4...midatlantic major hub southeastern PA Please verify this if possible

Last edited:
so, if you want an immediate rush and don't want to IV or plug, then what it best - sublingual, buccal, or snort? What gives the bigger bang for the buck and longer half life?

I read on here if you dilute with 1ml of vodka sublingual, the absorption is better.

I want to bypass the stomach, metabolism breakdown as I think it is adding to my nausea and killing the effect. Also, on top of the tongue seems to be less desirable.

I am in NE USA and believe it is #4...midatlantic major hub southeastern PA Please verify this if possible

If the product is pure enough to snort, I’d go with that. I actually liked snorting it better than IV, the effects were more social and euphoric. Problem is IV is so much more economical (at first) that it’s easy to get roped in.

-GC

Absolutely, if you have heroin it’s #4 around here

sadly half the time it’s also got fent and/or xylazine (tranq) in this area

Yes it's possible but very low bioavailability compared to other ROAs. You also need water soluble H (#4 or #3 with citric acid)

If you don't want to smoke, snort or shoot then I recommend boofing. I tried it for the first time a few days ago and it's not as difficult as most think. Superb high as well. Would never imagine taking heroin sublingually

Yes it's possible but very low bioavailability compared to other ROAs. You also need water soluble H (#4 or #3 with citric acid)

If you don't want to smoke, snort or shoot then I recommend boofing. I tried it for the first time a few days ago and it's not as difficult as most think. Superb high as well. Would never imagine taking heroin sublingually

Believe it or not but sublingual/orally consuming heroin can actually have a decent bioavailability, especially if the user is dependent. Both morphine and heroin increase in BA significantly when comparing naive users to addicts, addicts having about double the bioavailability compared to naive.

The problem is the first pass metabolism making it all turn to morphine, its missing the special something that other ROA’s have in terms of effects.

-GC

I'm taking a total shot in the dark, but I would place the bioavailability at between that of insufflation, typically rated as 66% or 2/3 bioavailability and 33% or 1/3 bioavailability of a parenteral dose, respectively. Sublingual technique is, like vaporization, an ROA with significant more technique involved than say injection, rectal or oral use, where one basically sticks the drug in the body and closes the door, as it were. Sublingual administration is going to lead to some inevitable wasting/oral absorption of the drug. I think, given what we know about other Opioids like Morphine, we can wager this to be a good starting point, As with any attempt, if you start slow and low, you have nothing to worry about. Do some simple math and use your first experience as a chance to gain perspective.

What better science experiment than to take Heroin and then see what happens? Sounds like a fun afternoon if you ask this BL'er. I do jest of course. But I don't.

Absolutely, if you have heroin it’s #4 around here

sadly half the time it’s also got fent and/or xylazine (tranq) in this area
Tested positive for fent. Maybe the puking is due to the xylazine. So maybe I just got F and xylazine with/without H. Is there a source that reviews Stamped product? Can I name it here - you may know it.

Tested positive for fent. Maybe the puking is due to the xylazine. So maybe I just got F and xylazine with/without H. Is there a source that reviews Stamped product? Can I name it here - you may know it.

I should say that, for the record, you should assume that "Heroin" is not actually Diacetylmorphine or even an Opiate for that matter. In this day and age, it's most likely a Fentanyl analog or one of many other strong Opioids that come in and out of rotation. Most folks are aware of this, but people, myself included continue to refer to Fentanyl as Heroin as a "catch all" for a substance like Heroin. I'm sure if you're in Laos you can still get real Heroin, but in the West it is frequently being overtaken by Fentanyl et al.

I should say that, for the record, you should assume that "Heroin" is not actually Diacetylmorphine or even an Opiate for that matter. In this day and age, it's most likely a Fentanyl analog or one of many other strong Opioids that come in and out of rotation. Most folks are aware of this, but people, myself included continue to refer to Fentanyl as Heroin as a "catch all" for a substance like Heroin. I'm sure if you're in Laos you can still get real Heroin, but in the West it is frequently being overtaken by Fentanyl et al.
Okay, so I’m not in Laos 🙂. I’m near philly. Im not clear because you said in this area I’m not getting an opioid and then stated I’m getting a very strong opioid. I’m near the biggest open air market in the country - but I don’t know what exactly I’m getting. It did test positive for fentanyl and I did a control test as well. Just wondering if the shot you get here has any H or xylazine. I guess I’ll never know.

Okay, so I’m not in Laos 🙂. I’m near philly. Im not clear because you said in this area I’m not getting an opioid and then stated I’m getting a very strong opioid. I’m near the biggest open air market in the country - but I don’t know what exactly I’m getting. It did test positive for fentanyl and I did a control test as well. Just wondering if the shot you get here has any H or xylazine. I guess I’ll never know.

I see what you're asking about. I believe I said Opiate in relation to Opioid. It is a little confusing. An Opiate is a naturally occurring alkaloid in the poppy plant, Papaver Somniferum and some others too. Opium extracted from the poppy is generally ~10% Morphine - ~3% Codeine by weight. This alkaloid content fluctuates due to genetics and growing conditions, mainly. Others will argue that other alkaloids like Thebaine are Opiates as well. While this is essentially true, in the context of this thread. we are referring to actual Mu Opioid Receptor Agonists, not any and all Opioid receptors. The Mu Opioid receptor is the one primarily responsible for the analgesic, euphoric and sedative properties of Opioids.

The two Opiates we are talking about are the aforementioned Morphine and Codeine. Now, Heroin, which is Diacetyl Morphine or Morphine that has been treated with Acetic Anhydride or in the case of Black Tar Heroin, Glacial Acetic Acid is often used, but this leaves the end product as a viscous dark clay. Regardless of the method, both can produce extremely potent Heroin. Heroin is often called an Opiate due to its very close chemical relationship to Morphine. You will also hear the term semi-synthetic when referring to substances like Heroin.

This is where the term Opioid comes in. An Opioid is a drug that mimics the effect of Opiates by the same mechanism of action, with agonism of the Mu Receptors being the primary objective in most instances. I consider Heroin an Opiate, so that's what I mean contrasting it with stuff like Fentanyl.