• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids QUITTING GABAPENTIN YO HELPPPP

nznity

Bluelighter
Ok guys,
I need some advice here. I was addicted to tramadol for legit pain for like 6-8 months and used only gabapentin to aid the ed effects.
BUT I fucking kept taking gaba for its mood enhancing effects...fucked up step i took.
I was taking upwards 1200-1500mg a day for tram wds and then 900mg steady dose for a good 4 months.
I'm down to 600mg(300mg x2 a day) this stuff is so nasty. It fucking reminds me of when I wS shooting morphine all day(massive headache,sweats, goosebumps, depression,anxiety, INSOMNIA).
The are no positive effects anymore, only wds and I got fucking sick of it, imma tough it out.
So, I wanted to know any advice, my whole body is aching atm. I've been doing ma research and im opting for paracetamol and Metamizole for the aches, inflammation, fever-like symptoms.
Also I got an unlimited supply of diazepam and Klonopin.
Anyone thata been through this shit before???I'm tired of the shit night dose wearing off too early and waking up at 5am.EVERYFUCKNDAY.
Any tips, advice on this or what I can add to my comfort meds? How long does gaba wd last?
If ive beaten a fking cola and morphine IV habit, this shitts not gonna beat me.
Thanks for listening, any input will be appreciated ASAP.
Much love fellas,
nzn

Hey brother/sister. I was prescribed gabapentin then pregabalin for some nerve damage and I agree that the gabap does kinda suck... kind of a gritty feel to life ime.
The way I came off both (i do still get pregab but take "as needed" ) but dropping the gabap before I had to taper down a bit each week. The doc said it could be done in a few days and I was like "yeah, right" and had him work with me til I could be stable at 150mg a night and then jumped off. It was a little uncomfortable (I tend to think that it had a lot to do with my state of mind) but it wasn't an issue after around a week after quitting. I then got put on pregabalin as the nerve shit is real as a mf and glad I did. Just feels more efficient, cleaner and no "gritty" feel to life.
Not sure if ya have browsed this thread but there may be some helpful info... idk.
Also I got an unlimited supply of diazepam and Klonopin.
Benzo may be a valid aide for sleep but would keep it short lived and drop as soon as possible. I guess ya may know the dangers of benzo addiction/dependence but just throwing that out there.
Hope the best surly someone will come along and add to or debunk my input. :LOL:
Peace

Hey brother/sister. I was prescribed gabapentin then pregabalin for some nerve damage and I agree that the gabap does kinda suck... kind of a gritty feel to life ime.
The way I came off both (i do still get pregab but take "as needed" ) but dropping the gabap before I had to taper down a bit each week. The doc said it could be done in a few days and I was like "yeah, right" and had him work with me til I could be stable at 150mg a night and then jumped off. It was a little uncomfortable (I tend to think that it had a lot to do with my state of mind) but it wasn't an issue after around a week after quitting. I then got put on pregabalin as the nerve shit is real as a mf and glad I did. Just feels more efficient, cleaner and no "gritty" feel to life.
Not sure if ya have browsed this thread but there may be some helpful info... idk.

Benzo may be a valid aide for sleep but would keep it short lived and drop as soon as possible. I guess ya may know the dangers of benzo addiction/dependence but just throwing that out there.
Hope the best surly someone will come along and add to or debunk my input. :LOL:
Peace
Benzos are otc in my country, they are like my cup of tea these days but they aren't causing me any trouble unlike the gaba. The wds are as bad as opi wd if not worse, I'm sweating it off rn anyway fk It. What's a week compared to kicking the spike and the smack grrrr. Ty bro appreciate ur help

I quit a Nerontin and Lyrica habit a couple of years ago. When the opie scripts dried up everyone was getting put on subs and gaba drugs. Since I have only been a pharm girl all my life I had to start getting the gaba drugs to replace the vicodin and oxy. Took gabs almost every day and Lyrica when I could find them. Always had to buy the damn things ( as no Dr. trusted me as well they shouldn't ) and the only thing that was better is they were a damn sight cheaper per pill than the opies were.

Next thing I know the price keeps going up and up ( greedy bastards were getting their scripts free with Medicaid ) and now they want as much for an 800 mg gab as they wanted for a vicodin. And Lyrica was even worse. For a 300 mg they wanted as much as the cost for a pack of cigarettes. I finally said fuck all this horseshit. The first week sucked because I had NOTHING for comfort meds. Just some weed and that didn't help at all. Made it worse. FINALLY looked into kratom .........ran out and got some post haste..........and my troubles were over. WD gone. Totally.

Looked up the 40 alkaloids in kratom and found that a couple of them were very similar to the gaba pharm drugs. Channel voltage thingy and it was centrally acting so I thought ok cool. Starting messing around with different gram doses and found that I actually liked it better than gabapentin and Lyrica. My days of making greedy fucking dealers rich was over. I take kratom for its gaba effects and not the mitragynine effects. Some people feel like it's no better than a cup of coffee but in my case that is not even close. Coffee only makes me urinate. I don't get stimulated from it. I like the taste of it in the AM and have 2 cups about an hour apart. Never drank it for the jitters. Only for the taste. Kratom is a damn sight better than a cup of java.

So i don't know if it will help you or what kind of tolerance you have, or what kind of drugs you have done in the past but if you kicked morphine you can damn sure kick gabapentin. And if you don't like kratom I think phenibut ( used responsibly ) will cover your WD adequately. Good luck.
Thank you uu. I don't have access to Kratos but a truckload full of diaz and clonaz. When the wds kick in imma take some novalgin bcs gaba inflames my body literally. Hope it works well, I'm also getting prep to not sleep a col of days.
My tolerance is down to 600mg a day only but this drugs are potent as fuck still.
Thanks for ur advice🙏🦋

Thank you uu. I don't have access to Kratos but a truckload full of diaz and clonaz. When the wds kick in imma take some novalgin bcs gaba inflames my body literally. Hope it works well, I'm also getting prep to not sleep a col of days.
My tolerance is down to 600mg a day only but this drugs are potent as fuck still.
Thanks for ur advice🙏🦋
I see now that you aren't in the US. Damn shame you guys can't get kratom. It really helps so much. Godspeed.

Take your taper slow.

Stick to 300mg morning and night for a week.

Take out 300mg in morning every other day for a week.

Take out 300mg morning properly and maintain this for a week.

Repeat for night time, as in reduce it every other night for a week then just cut it out.

If you’re having really horrid withdrawals then just slow down the taper.

Withdrawals usually only lasted me 1/2 weeks but they were awful so the slower you go tapering the easier you’ll have it.

I drank my way through gabapentin wd. Don't do that...
I was thinking about doing that...I noticed too that alcohol hits that GABA spot in the brain like pentin. Unlike benzos, they help but don't get rid of the wds entirely.

Alcohol filled the hole nicely, but ended up reigniting my alcoholism...gotta pay the piper at some point. Tramadol helped, but it's such a nasty drug...

Can you get hold of some librium maybe? Just enough to get you through? I had some pregabalin too at that time if I remember right...it's all a bit fuzzy.

Alcohol is the answer to no other substance cessation/replacement. It is the most deadly, toxic and troublesome drug on the market, IMO. Maybe sugar would run a decent second.
But alcohol will never be an answer to any issue unless ya just wanna get drunk. Always have to pay a price for any rides we take.
Just opinionios

I wish you had been there with that advice...it helped with the wds....but was an even bigger monster. The piper got paid in full.

Benzos are otc in my country, they are like my cup of tea these days but they aren't causing me any trouble unlike the gaba. The wds are as bad as opi wd if not worse, I'm sweating it off rn anyway fk It. What's a week compared to kicking the spike and the smack grrrr. Ty bro appreciate ur help
What county is that, and what benzos? That sounds wonderful

Edit:just read through the thread, you don’t have kratom in your county??? Fuck that shit man

What county is that, and what benzos? That sounds wonderful

Edit:just read through the thread, you don’t have kratom in your county??? Fuck that shit man
🇵🇪 Perú. Who needs kratom anyway when I have access to pharma grade morphine, fentanyl, ketamine. Otc benzos and gabaergics? And im not counting the cheapass good quality blow.... I'm done doing hardcore drugs N E WAYYYY but idk at least for now.

🇵🇪 Perú. Who needs kratom anyway when I have access to pharma grade morphine, fentanyl, ketamine. Otc benzos and gabaergics? And im not counting the cheapass good quality blow.... I'm done doing hardcore drugs N E WAYYYY but idk at least for now.
You have a fair point, I may go to Peru on a vacation at some point(possibly never leave?)

You have sold me on the idea.

You have a fair point, I may go to Peru on a vacation at some point(possibly never leave?)

You have sold me on the idea.
Its a blessing and a curse to live in this country. I got divorced from the needle last year though,
thank God.

I've never had gabapentin withdrawals as bad as some people say, but the insomnia would definitely be the worst part. Whatever you do, don't substitute phenibut or booze. That's all I can say. And be damn careful with those benzos, even if you have unlimited access, that's a hell of a monkey to get off your back worse than ANY gabapentin habit.

I've never had gabapentin withdrawals as bad as some people say, but the insomnia would definitely be the worst part. Whatever you do, don't substitute phenibut or booze. That's all I can say. And be damn careful with those benzos, even if you have unlimited access, that's a hell of a monkey to get off your back worse than ANY gabapentin habit.
I'm taking benzos til I die. Gabapentin is the problem.

Where ya at with dosing?
Do ya have the patience to taper?
I currently have too much pain from an accident, fractured bones and shit, I'm waiting for surgery.
Gabapentin makes me feel so ill and sensitive it makes the pain unbearable and im not gonna fking take opiates again so ill just wait till that shit is sorted and I can tolerate pain.
I'm currently only taking 300mg twice a day from 900-1200 i was taking ay first but still, even at low doses quitting gaba is hard as fuck. I can't imagine what quitting a severe xanax addiction wds would feel like yuck.

I currently have too much pain from an accident, fractured bones and shit, I'm waiting for surgery.
Can ya get pregabalin?
IME, it is a lot more efficient, clean and less of that shitty feel that goes with gabap.

Edit: I would never get back to gabap after being Rx-ed pregab... unless I had to get off of it all then I may use the gabap right before cessation.