• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quitting Methadone (that bastard)

I have noticed that recovery comes back in waves.
Just when you are thinking, “I hope it doesn’t stop getting better “ , it gets a little better.

Laughing and smiling help. A lot.
Try and laugh and smile all you can.
Releases endorphins that make you feel better.
Healing.

Just giving myself some time off.
Watching T.V. and waiting....healing.
It is going to take some time.
Take it slow and easy as you can.

Much love to ya all.,
❤️😅🙏

U got some experience with ibogaine? I did a flood dose and then a ceremony and it was an incredible experience, unfortunately i didnt change my "friends" or environment and relapse in a few months. This was 10 years ago. Im planning another go with a provider thats coming here to were im staying in about a month.
The drug just shows you the path u gotta take to turn your life around BUT if you keep the sane mindset and keep fucking around with the wrong people and don't change ur environment like you say*, you will relapse. The ULTIMATE decision is yours man, if you are really ready to quit drugs and have had enough suffering already, it won't be that hard to quit. The stakes are running man, what you waiting for. Is a fucking 10 second rush really worth more than having a beautiful life? I know drugs are fun but as you get older at some point u gotta say enough is enuff. Up to you my man, gl and a big hug.
Nico, xx

The drug just shows you the path u gotta take to turn your life around BUT if you keep the sane mindset and keep fucking around with the wrong people and don't change ur environment like you say*, you will relapse. The ULTIMATE decision is yours man, if you are really ready to quit drugs and have had enough suffering already, it won't be that hard to quit. The stakes are running man, what you waiting for. Is a fucking 10 second rush really worth more than having a beautiful life? I know drugs are fun but as you get older at some point u gotta say enough is enuff. Up to you my man, gl and a big hug.
Nico, xx
Yeah dude, today im on Day 20 jumping off Methadone, I also quit Lyrica like 5 days ago. Only using Vit C Vit D B Complex Gingko Biloba as natural supplements,one Benzo to sleep at night and two Clonidine .1 per day. Planning on quitting the benzo next week. It is as u say that 10 second rush aint worth it, specially now that im older (been on H since late 90s, among other things). Even though i fucked my Iboga experience, i never forgot it. Thats why im waiting another month and then doing in it with a experienced provider. Im over the other side of the ocean doing this kick from home. My mind is set. A day at a time. Thanks for the support.

What I did was to taper methadone off very slowly, 10mg every month, from 80mg to 40mg ; then 5mg every month, from 40mg to 20mg. Then switched to suboxone 8mg . Worked fine, did not have any problems, save for the fact that you have to wait until you feel withdrawals from the methadone before taking your first suboxone. I went to 6mg suboxone and stayed there for a year. Haven't used heroin since last christmas, so now about a year almost. And last year I only relapsed 4-5 days in the whole year.
This after 10 years addiction, heroin mainly, chasing the dragon only, no IV use. I've always stayed away from benzodiazepines, I lost a good friend to a combination of amphetamines, benzodiazepines and IV heroin.
Now my doc has started my on weekly buvidal injections instead of the suboxone. The only thing I felt is that I couldn't sleep the night after the first injection. Although she said it is the lowest dose preparation of buvidal, considering that here the buprenorphine is 100% bioavailable compared to the 20-30% from oral suboxone tabs, I think it is what caused the insomnia. I never could sleep after using H either. Didn't feel any euphoria from the buvidal though, on the contrary, feeling rather blue.

Yeah dude, today im on Day 20 jumping off Methadone, I also quit Lyrica like 5 days ago. Only using Vit C Vit D B Complex Gingko Biloba as natural supplements,one Benzo to sleep at night and two Clonidine .1 per day. Planning on quitting the benzo next week. It is as u say that 10 second rush aint worth it, specially now that im older (been on H since late 90s, among other things). Even though i fucked my Iboga experience, i never forgot it. Thats why im waiting another month and then doing in it with a experienced provider. Im over the other side of the ocean doing this kick from home. My mind is set. A day at a time. Thanks for the support.
I don't know about iboga, friend, I think it is a dangerous and expensive meme. I don't think there exists a magic reset button, and I mainly read bad experiences with ibogaine treatment, often in very shoddy conditions by self-proclaimed urban shamans that charge you an arm and a leg for a traumatic experience.

I don't know about iboga, friend, I think it is a dangerous and expensive meme. I don't think there exists a magic reset button, and I mainly read bad experiences with ibogaine treatment, often in very shoddy conditions by self-proclaimed urban shamans that charge you an arm and a leg for a traumatic experience.
Yeah, good thing my friend is not charging me shit. I just promised him with a beach apartment that my family owns with her gf, he is an experienced provider en Mexico. Hes a good friend, good soul. But i know what u are talking about, i think my first go with Iboga cost me 7k, it was in Costa Rica, it was a nice place and i had a tremendous experience, with a 10th gen Shaman from Gabon. My experience was not traumatic (well maybe flood, all i saw was death and demons for 12 hours but im a psyconaut so i wast scared) anyways in about a month im doing it again. Cant wait.

Especially now that heroin is not heroin anymore. It's all bloody fentanyl man, it's not even fun anymore. U got this brother, congrats on 20 days!!! I've never been on methadone but from what I've read on here, it's fking dreadful. Keep going man. Go buddy xx

)Yeah, good thing my friend is not charging me shit. I just promised him with a beach apartment that my family owns with her gf, he is an experienced provider en Mexico. Hes a good friend, good soul. But i know what u are talking about, i think my first go with Iboga cost me 7k, it was in Costa Rica, it was a nice place and i had a tremendous experience, with a 10th gen Shaman from Gabon. My experience was not traumatic (well maybe flood, all i saw was death and demons for 12 hours but im a psyconaut so i wast scared) anyways in about a month im doing it again. Cant wait.
I can see how Ibogaine would be helpful.
It causes a spiritual experience (we get so little of that, now days).
It teaches wisdom and can definitely shift things around.

That is a crazy amount of money spent though.
Be careful with that.
It kinda seems like, real Shamans would not want to charge you.
Enjoy your Ibogaine trip.

You are doing great! 👍

At first i thought...quitting Methadone, as in the acute physical withdrawal is the hard part. Now almost 5months after my last dose...it's the feeling of lost that i can't handle.

Starting a month ago, i notice my anxiety is very much in sync with the timing when i used to dose mtd. I don't wake up in shock anymore jumping from bed wide eyed expecting wd and looking for mtd. No. My sleep is normal. BUT! I am still having anxiety attacks around the time my MTD plasma supposed to peak. Then goes down around the time MTD plasma supposed to go down as well. My anxiety doesn't last all day.

Anxiety isn't even my biggest problem too. I feel like i just have the need to pop something in my mouth. I tried quitting the benzo and the pregab up to 10 days. I tried alternating them. Two weeks no benzo just pregab. Two weeks no pregab just benzo. I also take them in smallest doses i can and alternating between days none and days taken.

I hate it. I hate myself. I hate benzo and everything else that's not opiate. Im so used getting surges of dopamine and serotonin and what else for decades and now im getting none of those from opiates anymore. But instead i have to take this stupid gabaergic meds.

I am also very fearful of the permanent effect of benzo and pregab. And their withdrawal. Sometimes i feel like...im stupid or what. MTD is safer. Then i get mad that this stupid government must sackle people to clinic. Making my life miserable, while they allow benzos and pregab to be prescribed like candies. And they allow oxycodone and fentanyl to be prescribed as well but not methadone. Is this some kind of a joke.

It's hard for me getting off this "breakup". I was mrs. Syrup and now my husband mr. MTD Syrup is dead. I feel so lost without him and i hate my new two lovers. They suck. They make me stupid and im not in love with either of them.

I know now i can't ever return to mr. Syrup 'cos he frickin dead. No doctors would enroll me back in the clinic. So im just a lost, sad, widower with PTSD from loosing my husband mr. Syrup.

My sickness seems to be endless. Just barely out of mtd i caught salmonella infection. Just barely out of salmonella i caught disc disease lower back problem. Not even out of my back problem now i caught sinus infenction. Not sure if it is sinus but the pain is unbearable. My left eye is blurry, a whitish substance came out of it and the pain stems from the corner of my left eye down to my left nose, on my under eye and left temple.

Tomorrow if there is spot im going to get my head CT scanned, otherwise i have to wait till Monday. Im not sure if mtd masked all these sickness i been having or not but when i was on mtd i was never sick. Now im sick all the time continuously for 5 months. I spent thousands of dollars on doctors it kinda piss me off. I went to a doctor 3 days ago, he gave me ketolorac, anti allergy med loratadine and amitriptyline. Ketolorac is supposed to reduce pain but does nothing to me. After 3 days of constant pain i popped 40mg codeine just to maintain my sanity with the back pain and headache and this weird sinus or whatever. I got finally some pain relief. Amitriptyline just like all other SSRIs and SNRIs fucked me up. Made me angry all the time and suicidal. So i stopped the med. Usually takes me 3 days to return to normal mental state after Serotonin fuckups.

Im surprised tho after 5 months no opiate i thought just 20mg codeine i would feel something but nada. So i took another 20mg. Then finally pain relief.

Im also surprised i had no opiate cravings at all quitting mtd until about a week ago when i had a slight craving for a day but managed not to take the mtd i still have in fridge or codeine.

Today however i took 40mg codeine. It's my first opiate after 5 months. I don't really feel bad about it. I been struggling with pain and everyday i thought to myself why "normal" people are allowed relief but not me. Is this a relapse i have no idea. Im just glad the pain is gone.

Last edited:
My sickness seems to be endless. Just barely out of mtd i caught salmonella infection. Just barely out of salmonella i caught disc disease lower back problem. Not even out of my back problem now i caught sinus infenction. Not sure if it is sinus but the pain is unbearable. My left eye is blurry, a whitish substance came out of it and the pain stems from the corner of my left eye down to my left nose, on my under eye and left temple.

Tomorrow if there is spot im going to get my head CT scanned, otherwise i have to wait till Monday. Im not sure if mtd masked all these sickness i been having or not but when i was on mtd i was never sick. Now im sick all the time continuously for 5 months. I spent thousands of dollars on doctors it kinda piss me off. I went to a doctor 3 days ago, he gave me ketolorac, anti allergy med loratadine and amitriptyline. Ketolorac is supposed to reduce pain but does nothing to me. After 3 days of constant pain i popped 40mg codeine just to maintain my sanity with the back pain and headache and this weird sinus or whatever. I got finally some pain relief. Amitriptyline just like all other SSRIs and SNRIs fucked me up. Made me angry all the time and suicidal. So i stopped the med. Usually takes me 3 days to return to normal mental state after Serotonin fuckups.

Im surprised tho after 5 months no opiate i thought just 20mg codeine i would feel something but nada. So i took another 20mg. Then finally pain relief.

Im also surprised i had no opiate cravings at all quitting mtd until about a week ago when i had a slight craving for a day but managed not to take the mtd i still have in fridge or codeine.

Today however i took 40mg codeine. It's my first opiate after 5 months. I don't really feel bad about it. I been struggling with pain and everyday i thought to myself why "normal" people are allowed relief but not me. Is this a relapse i have no idea. Im just glad the pain is gone.
Oh yeah, i can (to some degree) relate with this comment. It is so true what you are stating Herbs, that when one is on opiates you really dont sick or feel pain, it numbs the shit outta you. But when you quit them, i guess all those years of not being sick (dope sickness not counting here) they come with a vengeance. I remember getting a nasty flu after years of not getting one when i quit dope, or horrible back pains (i have a disc hernia from a huge surfing wipe out a loooong time ago), even now with the kick im doing the other day my mom had to inject my ass with Enantyum because it hurt like a mfer. But probably the worst symptom that i ever got after quitting drugs was that for 8 weeks, every single day at exactly the same hour i got cluster headaches and omfg, these mfers holy shit, this aint no migraine, these bastards are classified as the greatest pain level, it goes given birth and then this shit, they are commonly referred as "suicide headaches" .... yeah that tells you all about them...i could tell when they are coming, i got yawns and then a teary eye, just one, and then one side of my face just...exploded, like a drill in my brain no joke, for about 90 to 120min, screaming with pain, biting my finger until it bleed, hitting my head in the wall or punching it...and then after that was over i felt like shit for another 3 or 4 hours, i thought my life was over, couldn't work, couldn't got out in the mornings (they always came at 10am) just horrible, no migraine medication worked, oxygen, nothing and one day they stopped.

Anyways sorry for rambling Herbs, i know you sre struggling and hope you get better soon, i know you have done a monumental effort to quit Methadone and have been tremendously helpful for me in this journey, so i really hope u get better. And NO, taking 40mg of codeine is not a relapse in this case. Take care.