• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quitting Methadone (that bastard)

my problem is restless legs and arms; I can absolutely not sit still for a second. I imagine the codeine helps with that a bit. If I could avoid restless legs....I wouldn't be petrified of w/d
Yes yes that restlessness can be very very intense. I thinknits just something we all have to go thru in wd to some degree. One thing for certain never take "naps" during the day. Stay up as long as possible even if it kills ya.. after some time, sometimes days or even a week the restlessness does subside..nothing comes easy thi k aboit your addiction how long that took to get a hold of ya... some bs to get rid of it.. its hell i agree... it is hell... but if you wanna do it you will! You will man.. no matter what... use your mind, tell yourself you can take the pain.. ive been so intense in wd's in the past ive been like just give me more pain!!! Thats what i would puld tell myself, id be like f it.. how much worse can it get just give me the whole friggen boat i am friggen ready! Give me pain... and the more id say that the better and better it would get almost tricking your mind.. the mind is powerful, sometimes you have to know how to trick it...sounds whacky ya, but it worked for me.. again if you wanna do it you will.. we always do what we want we are totally creatures of desire. Good luck and stay safe no matter what your doing..

I don't like junk food, processed food, soda, and i don't drink alcohol. Still...old age is old age, our body just doesn't work like when we were in our 20s.

When i was in my 20s it's like i was "unkillable". Now i think i can die very easily with OD 😅
You have an upper hand in quiting any chemicals then 💖 good to hear very good and your right the body doesnt work like it did when inwas 20! Inwas superman then.. now im just crusty n old hahhaa 💗 be safe always friend.

my problem is restless legs and arms; I can absolutely not sit still for a second. I imagine the codeine helps with that a bit. If I could avoid restless legs....I wouldn't be petrified of w/d
Me too. My restless legs omg. Yesterday was THE WORST. It felt like my legs were about to come off. It was so painful

Enough to send me to the hospital; my son insisted, as I was acting so pathetic; pacing on shaky legs for about two days, after a prolonged barfing incident caused me to run out early; but I didn't wanna get a red flag. I went; the ER of course says, this is not a Methadone clinic; we don't want people(like you) to catch on. They gave me my dose; this was first month of Covid; my pain doc and his assistant had their hours halved; and MIA for a couple days, They actually got back to me; apologized for putting me into withdrawl while I was sitting in the ER bed.

The next time I was at the pharmacy they insisted I get Narcan; and charged me over 100 for it; so I know I got some bad mark anyway.

It was really humiliating; not unlike when I got pulled aside at Walgreens, because they thought I walked off the day before with a lyrica presciption that I remembered distinctly; as I paid 129 bux for it. They wanted me to wait on the side, while they reviewed the security tapes. I said I damn well know that I paid for the script; GIVE ME A BREAK! I made a scene and the scornful looks from other people in line made me feel like scum. I kid you not; the stuff gave me PTSD. Now I make sure to take a little less so I can stockpile just in case; as inevitably shit happens; and they give you exactly 30 day supplies; and expect you to take it.

Day 11

OMG YESTERDAY WAS THE WORST WD AFTER 10 DAYS.

Woke up 3pm took Codeine 50mg, i could feel the opiate.
6:45 took again 50mg. Don't feel anything.
8:45 clobazam 5mg for restless legs. Didn't really help.
9 am paracetamol
10 am took 2.5mg diazepam
Calms me down, i went to shower but here comes the WEIRD PROBLEM:

My skin felt super cold, especially my legs felt so sore they felt like about to fall off my body. It's fuckin summer here yet i was so cold. My temp was normal tho, which is weird.

I assumed it was side effect of Diazepam because on day 8 i felt the same coldness after i took low dose of Diazepam by cutting 5mg in half. Maybe it's not supposed to be cut. Or maybe that was MTD wd in it's splendor.

But i also assume these meds i am taking slow my heart rate so there wasnt enough blood circulation to my legs.

I also read an article of this woman who became anemic from taking Codeine long term. Today i should try iron supplement.

My legs sore was SO BAD i tried everything i could think of:
Magnesium + B complex helped just 20%
Ginger helped warms me a little but make my leg pain worse
5mg Diazepam did nothing to relax my legs
By 4pm i even tried 100mg allopurinol for Gout
No help
At 5:20pm i took my next dose of Codeine.
6pm omega 369 supplement from fish oil
Only then i started feeling better.

My brain apparently is still in MTD timeline. During MTD use i always drank around 5am then plasma level peaked and dropped by 6pm.

So when i take codeine anywhere between 5am to 6pm i felt nothing until after 6pm. My opiate receptor seems to work only during the usual plasma level of MTD dropped.

The wd is also most intense in morning when i wake up, rising and then just suddenly drop by 6pm.

So after 6pm my 5:20pm Codeine worked and made me sleepy.

I tried not to sleep and took vitD3 around 8pm.

At 9pm i couldn't take it anymore i was really sleepy i took my night dose 50mg Codeine and 1 tablespoon of Benadryl and went to bed.

Day 12 (today) woke up at 3:45 but drowsy until now 4:30. Gonna wait a bit before i take my morning dose.

IF ANYONE HAS A RECIPE FOR THESE EXTREME SORE LEGS PLEASE I BEG U SHARE WITH ME. IT WAS UNBEARABLE.

Enough to send me to the hospital; my son insisted, as I was acting so pathetic; pacing on shaky legs for about two days, after a prolonged barfing incident caused me to run out early; but I didn't wanna get a red flag. I went; the ER of course says, this is not a Methadone clinic; we don't want people(like you) to catch on. They gave me my dose; this was first month of Covid; my pain doc and his assistant had their hours halved; and MIA for a couple days, They actually got back to me; apologized for putting me into withdrawl while I was sitting in the ER bed.

The next time I was at the pharmacy they insisted I get Narcan; and charged me over 100 for it; so I know I got some bad mark anyway.

It was really humiliating; not unlike when I got pulled aside at Walgreens, because they thought I walked off the day before with a lyrica presciption that I remembered distinctly; as I paid 129 bux for it. They wanted me to wait on the side, while they reviewed the security tapes. I said I damn well know that I paid for the script; GIVE ME A BREAK! I made a scene and the scornful looks from other people in line made me feel like scum. I kid you not; the stuff gave me PTSD. Now I make sure to take a little less so I can stockpile just in case; as inevitably shit happens; and they give you exactly 30 day supplies; and expect you to take it.
That person at wallgreen who accuse u of theft need to apologize to you. I would be very pissed too if i were accused of theft.

Stockpiling is smart. I also asked my doc for more meds than i actually need just in case. But i take them responsibly. Never exceed the daily dose in the prescription. And never taking benzo and opiate together. I give some time before i take benzo after i take opiate.

Benzo enthusiast and the other guy who warned me about mixing them together is right...i start to feel depression on my breathing it worries me. But benzo so far is the only thing that helps me for my panic attack and restless leg syndrome.

Are u also going through MTD wd right now?

I believe all your symptoms are all due from the Methadone withdrawal. I don't know if any restless legs prescriptions would help; taking baths is one other option. Or anything distracting.

So sorry; there but for the grace of God go I. I think, unfortunately, by experience, which you also have, more narcotics (or more time) are your only chances at relief, methadone is so strong and Codeine isn't strong enough to help much; I would take more of that for sure? cruel beast of a drug; I am thinking I may never get off it. I was thinking I could taper down slowly but that also sounds like torture.

Can you get a Suboxone taper? Think about getting to a doctor or back to the methadone clinic to ask for a Suboxone taper? You are probably past the precipitated withdrawal.
I couldn't last as long as you did; before I said fuck it, or whoever I lived with MADE me go back on some sort of Opiod Replacement Treatment; Alternatively I would be looking for stronger short term opiates that MAY put a dent in it. Maybe Kratom?
Valium; you cut it in half; it just means you only took half as much.
Fudge I am so sorry but I feel for you damn!

No I avoid withdrawal like the plague. My pain doc will retire soon though; then I may be in your boat, as they don't approve of Methadone for chronic pain anymore. Opiates are not for treating pain; well only end of life and cancer. But I still am on a pain contract so I am good for this year at least!

I have been on 3mgs of Clonazepam; down to 1 now. Which is a strong benzo
Plus up to 60 mgs of methadone at times; now more like 30-40.
So I know its dangerous but I appear relatively sober; work as a school teacher; on this mix. Not saying it is safe; they did make me take a Narcan script; but the pharmacist didn't tell my son how to administer it; they would prefer me dead
I sure as heck can't Narcan myself!

If I were to quit I will follow your advise. I would jump with medical help. Can't see me tapering and wding for two years. You are 100% right, less than 30 mgs and it doesn't work for maintenance. Even you start craving things you thought you were over them.....

As for your question, I am not on liquid. Nor am I tied to the clinic, after so many years it is allways take homes. They have this pills meant to disolve in water before taking them, I think you call it a "wafer" or a " biscuit"?

Btw, what kind of German methadone you mean? How it comes that you don't feel the taper with it? It sounds fantastic, almost too good...
I never tried the pill version before. How long does it last for you before u feel wd?

The German MTD really last 48 hours that even if i forgot to take my dose next day i felt nothing. No wd at all.

They give in PURE liquid form that is very little in ml in comparison with other countries. For example: The German MTD 6ml is equivalent to 60-80ml of the syrupy shitty MTD.

The German one can be tapered to 0.1ml with no wd can u believe it. But once u get to zero the wd still starts. Maybe coz i tapered fast when i got to 1ml, 0.1ml/ day in a week. But if taper slow i think it wouldnt be a problem.

Foreigners can come to any MTD clinic in Germany, especially Berlin/ Frankfurt (the big cities), and ask doc to give u a big bottle of MTD. I paid just 50Eur for it at the time. Dunno now. I forgot how much ml was in it but i remember it lasted me about 3 months. The doc would also write u an official letter to go through airport.

I know where my next international vacation will be lol.
I also take the pill form from a pharmacy as a 30 day script.
no problem unless you fail to manage it; I have learned not to do that

I have been on 3mgs of Clonazepam; down to 1 now. Which is a strong benzo
Plus up to 60 mgs of methadone at times; now more like 30-40.
So I know its dangerous but I appear relatively sober; work as a school teacher; on this mix. Not saying it is safe; they did make me take a Narcan script; but the pharmacist didn't tell my son how to administer it; they would prefer me dead
I sure as heck can't Narcan myself!
Are u in the states?
I just read the whole USA was sueing Johnson&Johnson and the company and the Sackler family that sold Oxycontin.

Johnson&Johnson was blamed for the opioid crisis in US. And now they don't want to sell in US anymore.

I believe all your symptoms are all due from the Methadone withdrawal. I don't know if any restless legs prescriptions would help; taking baths is one other option. Or anything distracting.

So sorry; there but for the grace of God go I. I think, unfortunately, by experience, which you also have, more narcotics (or more time) are your only chances at relief, methadone is so strong and Codeine isn't strong enough to help much; I would take more of that for sure? cruel beast of a drug; I am thinking I may never get off it. I was thinking I could taper down slowly but that also sounds like torture.

Can you get a Suboxone taper? Think about getting to a doctor or back to the methadone clinic to ask for a Suboxone taper? You are probably past the precipitated withdrawal.
I couldn't last as long as you did; before I said fuck it, or whoever I lived with MADE me go back on some sort of Opiod Replacement Treatment; Alternatively I would be looking for stronger short term opiates that MAY put a dent in it. Maybe Kratom?
Valium; you cut it in half; it just means you only took half as much.
Fudge I am so sorry but I feel for you damn!
I aint going back to suboxone after fighting for 11 days. Also suboxone gives me temporary amnesia. I went to supermarket and i forgot. I hold another man's arm i thought he was my bf at the time 🤣🤣🤣

The man was so in shock but he liked it until my bf (now ex) came over.

Funny! Have you ever tried Kratom? It's kinda like a leaf version of Suboxone; (partial agonist, some use it like Suboxone) but I don't know whose cart you will end up taking home from the supermarket?

I am in Oregon, USA. I do know about the Sackler saga. Made a whole bunch of dope fiends with oxycontin. Chew it, snort it, shoot it! Hillbilly heroin! Never tried it myself

I declined oxycontin in favor of Methadone many years ago; as it was $500 per month for Oxy, but $5 for Methadone. I had two whiplash injuries so that I still can't function properly; but enough meds and I am just OK
Had to give up surfing, skating, biking, and hate that. But I prefer to be hurt and alive; as it beats the alternative!

I know that in Canada; they switched their liquid formulations of Methadone. The government insisted it was just as good for years, but ALL the clinic patients were complaining about it only lasting 18 hours; sending most of them to the street for some heroin(fent) to tide them over; and contributing to the OD crisis. Fent. is in their street benzos too.

At least in Vancouver, they do have some safe injecting spots with clean needles and staff to give narcan in case of overdose.
They have not lost a single soul to OD at these injection centers. On the streets its pretty bad. I listen to Crackdown podcast; about the methadone/heroin scene in Vancouver.
I have never tried heroin; that's probably good.

My son has seen many a friend die from fake xanax(fentadope) or fake oxycodone 30s(also fent); like high school kids just starting their drug careers; but the news is just hush hush; so sad.
At least he learned in time not to go to the streets. One day he was going to meet up with a dealer at the church by our house. (I know, what can I do? Kick him the fuck out? I cant do that!) but the dealer never showed up. He ODed and died on his own supply that was supposed to go to my son.

I know where my next international vacation will be lol.
I also take the pill form from a pharmacy as a 30 day script.
no problem unless you fail to manage it; I have learned not to do that
At ur low dose 30-40mg, how long does it last u before wd? I'm curious i never tried the pill version before.

Funny! Have you ever tried Kratom? It's kinda like a leaf version of Suboxone; (partial agonist, some use it like Suboxone) but I don't know whose cart you will end up taking home from the supermarket?

I am in Oregon, USA. I do know about the Sackler saga. Made a whole bunch of dope fiends with oxycontin. Chew it, snort it, shoot it! Hillbilly heroin! Never tried it myself

I declined oxycontin in favor of Methadone many years ago; as it was $500 per month for Oxy, but $5 for Methadone. I had two whiplash injuries so that I still can't function properly; but enough meds and I am just OK
Had to give up surfing, skating, biking, and hate that. But I prefer to be hurt and alive; as it beats the alternative!

I know that in Canada; they switched their liquid formulations of Methadone. The government insisted it was just as good for years, but ALL the clinic patients were complaining about it only lasting 18 hours; sending most of them to the street for some heroin(fent) to tide them over; and contributing to the OD crisis. Fent. is in their street benzos too.

At least in Vancouver, they do have some safe injecting spots with clean needles and staff to give narcan in case of overdose.
They have not lost a single soul to OD at these injection centers. On the streets its pretty bad. I listen to Crackdown podcast; about the methadone/heroin scene in Vancouver.
I have never tried heroin; that's probably good.

My son has seen many a friend die from fake xanax(fentadope) or fake oxycodone 30s(also fent); like high school kids just starting their drug careers; but the news is just hush hush; so sad.
At least he learned in time not to go to the streets. One day he was going to meet up with a dealer at the church by our house. (I know, what can I do? Kick him the fuck out? I cant do that!) but the dealer never showed up. He ODed and died on his own supply that was supposed to go to my son.
Wow ur son is very lucky. I'm glad the dealer never showed up. That's so fucked up.

Wtf canada MTD is worst than here 🤣🤣🤣 at least here last 20hours. Just 18hours that is shit! How people can sleep at night!

Kratom i tried it before when i was on MTD just 3x, Red Sunda and Choco Bentuangie. Mmmm it made my mtd wd worse each time.

Kratom is very...very cheap here. Like...$4 per kg if i get directly from farmers. But they will ALSO cause wd in the long run and my goal is to get clean.

I have them in my medicine cabinet but i haven't touch it. It's only for emergency wd when i cannot take it anymore.

They end up on the streets; scoring dope, when their dose runs short. Or they go to the clinic a little bit sick every day. Somehow; I think they convinced the government to issue the old Methadose brand to patients again; not that the government is very into harm reduction.
I was on Methadose 40mg wafers for a while; now I am on a different maker at 4 x 10 mgs per day; I take one every 6 hours.
The pain relief lasts 6 hours on the dot, seemingly

I can, however, take 40 mgs and be good for 24-36 hours before my eyes start watering and I start yawning.
I used to just take 60mgs every morning; until I learned that the pain relief lasts 6 hours; but I think they keep me out of withdrawal 24 hours on the dot. However; I believe different people metabolize at different rates so my experience is subjective.

But if your dose lasts 20 hours instead of 24; at least your withdrawal period should be shorter too! There's the bright side; I am amazed at your lasting 11 days; it must at least start getting better soon.
At least I hope so!

They end up on the streets; scoring dope, when their dose runs short. Or they go to the clinic a little bit sick every day. Somehow; I think they convinced the government to issue the old Methadose brand to patients again; not that the government is very into harm reduction.
I was on Methadose 40mg wafers for a while; now I am on a different maker at 4 x 10 mgs per day; I take one every 6 hours.
The pain relief lasts 6 hours on the dot, seemingly

I can, however, take 40 mgs and be good for 24-36 hours before my eyes start watering and I start yawning.
I used to just take 60mgs every morning; until I learned that the pain relief lasts 6 hours; but I think they keep me out of withdrawal 24 hours on the dot. However; I believe different people metabolize at different rates so my experience is subjective.

But if your dose lasts 20 hours instead of 24; at least your withdrawal period should be shorter too! There's the bright side; I am amazed at your lasting 11 days; it must at least start getting better soon.
At least I hope so!
I got help from self hypnosis, meditation and prayers. Every night before i sleep while laying down on bed i told myself: YOU CAN DO IT. IT WILL PASS. U CAN. U CAN. U CAN...(instead of counting sheep) 😂😂😂

Also positive reinforcement. I have a very good guy who checks in on me twice a day. Everyday he always tell me the same thing: You can do it. It will pass.

At first i was so gripped in FEAR. But then after everyday listening to the same positive reinforcement is like watching ads on TV that stucks in ur mind.

So now every night his positive reinforcements keeps on looping in my mind.

In my confused first 7 days of wd state it's like i can be very easily hypnotized. 😅

However isnt Codeine just as much addictive as Kratom? Just wondering; I know you wish to be clean; so using the least amount of opiates is the goal
Some people take Immodium; which is a long acting opiate that doesn't get you high. But it does harm your heart in high doses.