• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Share Quotes that have always stuck with you

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I have many I can (and will) add, but this list was inspired by:

"LE TEMPS DETRUIT TOUT"

It means "Time Destroys Everything" (or, "Time Destroys All Things"). From the movie Irreversible (2002)

SPOILERS for the movie:
Irreversible is a "modern French extremity" movie and the scenes are in reverse-linear order (the first scene we see is the last scene chronologically and the last scene we see if the first scene chronologically). Basically, we first see a depressed man sitting in a jail cell [interesting factoid: the man sharing his cell is the main character from another French extremity, I Stand Alone). We then see the man hunting through a nightclub for another man whom he finds and proceeds to use a fire extinguisher to absolutely wreck his face in one of the most graphic and realistic scenes of violence I have ever seen. I actually have no idea how they did it, effects wise. The man is lying on the ground and we see the extinguisher smashed into his face over and over, his face collapsing and disintegrating more and more with each hit, while the camera never pans away once. We also find out that the man survives (which is honestly WORSE than if he'd died like that) and also that he was innocent and just standing next to the man who actually [we'll find out soon].
Next is the man we're following (Marcus) searching for the other guy and finally being told by some prostitutes that he's "up The Rectum" (the name of the club).
In the next scene is Marcus finding out that his fiance, Alex) has been raped and murdered.
Then we see him LOOKING for his fiance, asking around after her.
Next is the second disturbing scene is next as we see Alex leaving a house party, alone. She walks through a tunnel where a man assaults her and brutally rapes her (in a scene that goes on for about 8 minutes). Half-way through - after she is badly beaten and being raped, but has not suffered any grievous or life-threatening injuries - we see another man enter the tunnel in the background, look at what is happening for a few seconds, and then walk back out the way he entered. She is brutally raped for a while longer and then killed.
Next is the house party scene, and then Alex, Marcus and a friend walking to the party.
Finally, we see Alex and Marcus in their apartment together. She tells him she is pregnant and they are both very happy.
The movie ends the previous day with the couple laughing and having a picnic together in a field. The camera turn up to the sky and spins around faster and faster until the words "LE TEMPS DETRUIT TOUT" appear on screen.
It feels a lot more profound when you've just watched the horrific ruination of a happy young couple. Every character we saw was either a monster (the rapist, the man who could have saved Alex, even Marcus in the end hurting the innocent man) or has their life destroyed for no reason (Alex, Marcus, the innocent man).
End SPOILERS

But it's stuck with me for well over a decade now because it's extremely true. There is no one single thing on Earth - or in the Universe - that will not eventually be destroyed by time.
I think about it all the time.

"LE TEMPS DETRUIT TOUT"

It means "Time Destroys Everything" (or, "Time Destroys All Things"). From the movie Irreversible (2002)

SPOILERS for the movie:
Irreversible is a "modern French extremity" movie and the scenes are in reverse-linear order (the first scene we see is the last scene chronologically and the last scene we see if the first scene chronologically). Basically, we first see a depressed man sitting in a jail cell [interesting factoid: the man sharing his cell is the main character from another French extremity, I Stand Alone). We then see the man hunting through a nightclub for another man whom he finds and proceeds to use a fire extinguisher to absolutely wreck his face in one of the most graphic and realistic scenes of violence I have ever seen. I actually have no idea how they did it, effects wise. The man is lying on the ground and we see the extinguisher smashed into his face over and over, his face collapsing and disintegrating more and more with each hit, while the camera never pans away once. We also find out that the man survives (which is honestly WORSE than if he'd died like that) and also that he was innocent and just standing next to the man who actually [we'll find out soon].
Next is the man we're following (Marcus) searching for the other guy and finally being told by some prostitutes that he's "up The Rectum" (the name of the club).
In the next scene is Marcus finding out that his fiance, Alex) has been raped and murdered.
Next is the second disturbing scene is next as we see Alex leaving a house party, alone. She walks through a tunnel where a man assaults her and brutally rapes her (in a scene that goes on for about 8 minutes). Half-way through - after she is badly beaten and being raped, but has not suffered any grievous or life-threatening injuries - we see another man enter the tunnel in the background, look at what is happening for a few seconds, and then walk back out the way he entered. She is brutally raped for a while longer and then killed.
Next is the house party scene, and then Alex, Marcus and a friend walking to the party.
Finally, we see Alex and Marcus in their apartment together. She tells him she is pregnant and they are both very happy.
The movie ends the previous day with the couple laughing and having a picnic together in a field. The camera turn up to the sky and spins around faster and faster until the words "LE TEMPS DETRUIT TOUT" appear on screen.
It feels a lot more profound when you've just watched the horrific ruination of a happy young couple. Every character we saw was either a monster (the rapist, the man who could have saved Alex, even Marcus in the end hurting the innocent man) or has their life destroyed for no reason (Alex, Marcus, the innocent man).
End SPOILERS

But it's stuck with me for well over a decade now because it's extremely true. There is no one single thing on Earth - or in the Universe - that will not eventually be destroyed by time.
"Vulnerant omnis,ultima necat".Latin sentence,came from Romans.Means every(hourr)hurts you.The last kills you

"Vulnerant omnis,ultima necat".Latin sentence,came from Romans.Means every(hourr)hurts you.The last kills you
Uh no that would be "Horae vulnerant, ultima necat"

"vulnerant omnes, ultima necat" would mean "it hurts you, everything, the last kills you"
I have only seen it written as "omnes feriunt, ultima necat" - "all hurts, the last kills",
by Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Last edited:

"LE TEMPS DETRUIT TOUT"

SPOILERS for the movie:
End SPOILERS

Omg I fucking looooove Irreversible!!!! Gaspar Noe is one of my favorite directors. So few people have actually seen it. Just got my boyfriend to watch it recently. Have u seen Enter The Void?

"vulnerant omnes, ultima necat" would mean "it hurts you, everything, the last kills you"
I have only seen it written as "omnes feriunt, ultima necat" - "all hurts, the last kills",
by Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Yes it means it hurts you everything,the last kills you

by Lucius Annaeus Seneca
May be its not a Seneca sentence,but much older I dont know

May be its not a Seneca sentence,but much older I dont know
I doesn't sound like it, because the grammar is off.
Probably modernized.

Usually one would say "omnes vulnerant", the other way round it sounds quite weird, like "I speaking English". I learned Latin in School and Grammar was very important to my teacher

Its very possible to have error with grammar.Studied a little bit latin long time ago,but not remember much

Its very possible to have error with grammar.Studied a little bit latin long time ago,but not remember much
Yeah "a little bit" Latin doesn't do, sadly. The language is more complex than Russian :ROFLMAO:

Just say "Horae vulnerant, ultima necat" or "Omnes horae vulnerant,..." - it's the closest to your translation that every hour hurts, the sentence with omnes instead of horae really implies that absolutely everything in existence hurts. Also omnis turns to omnes in nominative, vokative and akkusative.

Just spreading some tiny knowledge so I haven't wasted years learning this shit language :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Yeah "a little bit" Latin doesn't do, sadly. The language is more complex than Russian :ROFLMAO:

Just say "Horae vulnerant, ultima necat" - it's the closest to your translation that every hour hurts, the sentence with omnes instead of horae really implies that absolutely everything in existence hurts. Also omnis turns to omnes in nominative, vokative and akkusative.

Just spreading some tiny knowledge so I haven't wasted years learning this shit language :ROFLMAO:
Hey honey dont be so full of bulling-like shit.Never fuckin care so much about some grammar if i am convienced that those from the other side would understand me.Thats i suppossed to be a forum in general plan for compassion and help.Hope ya understand me?Be safe

But thank you for your knowledge.I think that in term this sentence you are correct.Heart

Hey honey dont be so full of bulling-like shit.Never fuckin care so much about some grammar if i am convienced that those from the other side would understand me.Thats i suppossed to be a forum in general plan for compassion and help.Hope ya understand me?Be safe
Oh you're one of those that doesn't like knowledge.
A concept I will never understand.

My apologies, I will no longer disturb you by trying to help you

Shit.U aint helping me in any way.Yes i like knowlege more that you suggest

Dont give a shit.Theres other people here which a supportive and very interesting to me Not you......but what can I say.Be in peace.Never wanna to hurt you

Dont give a shit.Theres other people here which a supportive and very interesting to me Not you......but what can I say.Be in peace.Never wanna to hurt you
Are you at least going to use the sentence correctly now, or you gonna stick with your backwards-ass fuckery of a sentence? Because I'd love to at least have taught you something, my darling little stinker.