Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Random Social Chit-Chat v. Illuminati Confirmed

Binged the first season of Peacemaker over the past 48 hours.

I didn't love it. Most of the jokes fell flat and some of the characters were a bit too "The Tick" for my liking... but it has a decent amount of laughs and a lot of interesting elements.

Here are the opening credits:

found this on Reddit, thought it was pretty interesting

cpgb7sY.jpg

Heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson posited that the rich abduct the poor and bring them to private estates to hunt down as he and Joe Rogan shared a few joints

Rogan goaded Tyson on, saying that the theory wasn't 'outside the realm of possibility'

lmao

I was looking for some story driven cosmic dread films, not horror. I've had my fair share of shorts on youtube, held myself a bit to not drain what I found but the beach house from 2019 was pretty mediocre at same time I feel like it did the right play with lights and how the fog was present but it wasn't, a solid piece of cosmic.

Criterion Collections "The Conversation" a cult of noir films.

I was browsing on Mubi when I found it in VHS, I've wanted to buy out of stock suddenly by the returning of email and said that I need to wait 2 more months i was like meh.. they forgot to send it's 2022, this was not so long ago 2018ish

Guillermo-del-Toro-Cabinet-of-Curiosities.jpg

Is gonna be available by end of 2022 as I've heard but iirc some of these are his "alternatives of". The Vigil already came out, is a film not a show and like others, these were already made into films. Mandy casted with Nicolas Cage in that dystopian steampunk like atmosphere world. I dunno what's Del Toro is doing but if this is serious he needs to back off for good in cinemas.

He has a good film and that is "Devil's Backbone" which is good because is filmed/casted with and by Spaniards. Not being American/Japanese adds a lot of "involuntary" high praising from world but most of time is as bad as a hollywood one and hollywood equals usa

la llorona something is a highlight that a spanish film can be even worse than hollywood one

On next row we have the all waited "Avatar 2" trailer which Cameron likes to be the Johnny Cash of films ( johnny cash for those who don't know only did covers, by fingers he doesn't have more than 3 pieces written by itself, proof that he lived nothing at all. Anyhow, "The Way of Water" // star wars " path of jedi, dark force" sounds familiar? it is.

gtfo

and for those who say even the first one was as bad as the upcoming ones, you'll cut your own words when you gonna see that the first is actually where all the passion comes from both side // cast/director same as Twilight saga all movies are cringy but the 2008 and Eclipse are decent enough, even more so of the murky 2000's of Canada and as an atmosphere that is one film that cannot be forgiven.

@Asclepius

What'd make out of the first "part of Dune" we got now? I say Villenue is known to choose his music well, the box scene and that egytian like short audio sequence might be the best in whole film but that's me. I didn't read the book, don't plan to because is extremely huge and useless I do have an understanding of Dune complex world such as steampunk/brutalism. Other than that.. I think Part 2 if it's a film and by articles hint as.. i've read word "pilot" which anyone that watch films know this is the name of a beginning of the show. If it's a film might have some sparks here and there. I enjoyed the first one though, feels like the repetitive audio was mainly the claustrophobic fear Vilenue had while directing and I perfectly accept it as we talk about Dune

Thing is I've already spoken on MUBI community and we've all come to this side of the end. Blade Runner 2049 while having haunting moments isn't memorable nor first one. Same as Lynch's 84 Dune

I think Vilenue should retire from directing and become audio visual producer. If this is what he does now, don't think in near future would do some else.
If Lynch doesn't direct Part 2 depends.. there's also no name dansk who would do x10 both what these 2 did. My take is that if it comes from Hollywood let Del toro do it, although the task is too heavy

@Asclepius

What'd make out of the first "part of Dune" we got now? I say Villenue is known to choose his music well, the box scene and that egytian like short audio sequence might be the best in whole film but that's me. I didn't read the book, don't plan to because is extremely huge and useless I do have an understanding of Dune complex world such as steampunk/brutalism. Other than that.. I think Part 2 if it's a film and by articles hint as.. i've read word "pilot" which anyone that watch films know this is the name of a beginning of the show. If it's a film might have some sparks here and there. I enjoyed the first one though, feels like the repetitive audio was mainly the claustrophobic fear Vilenue had while directing and I perfectly accept it as we talk about Dune
@Shady's Fox Still haven't seen the new one, mate. Waiting to watch when the hype of it has subsided, so I can view it with my own bias! 😉😁

...like you, I also never read the book(did watch lynch version - loved much visually, but kitch can lack depth, if not communicated right; my memory of original is slightly weak, att even - may rewatch that first, again) . May pick it up book even, in lieu of that.