• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Readdicted to xanax after taking again only 2 days

AmateurHour

Greenlighter
Hi, I was addicted to a small amount of Xanax last year that I successfully tapered off of with minimal symptoms. I had something stressful last week happen and took a small amount 2 nights in a row to help me sleep. Last night I tried to sleep without taking any and I could not fall asleep with out it and had these weird sensations in my head . Does anyone have any experiences like this, and what should I do. Could I have become Readdicted to it even after just 2 nights. Should I just not take anymore even if it means I don’t sleep for some nights? I’m really confused please help

I recommend you just put up with the insomnia for 1-2 nights AmateurHour. It'll pass, promise. But if you keep taking it to sleep because you can't sleep without it, you'll never get off it <3

it is called kindling. Out nervous systems are so advanced in maintaining homeostasis that once it recognized familiar pattern, it retrieved past setup of nervous system functioning to balance you to homeostasis again.
It should go away relatively soon, any further administration of benzos will only prolong and worsen issue.

Thank you both for your responses . That blows my mind and is scary to know . Do u guys think I will be at any risk of seizures or anything like that from this. Do you really think it will only be a night or two and not last longer? Thanks again

Look into magnesium glycinate. Many people use it for withdrawal but it's also incredible for sleep. Melatonin too of course, you've probably tried that. I always found less is more with melatonin. Those 10mg tablets they make are so astronomically excessive. I used to take those and it would help a little bit, but now I'll just eat like, 0.5mg sometimes when I'm not feeling tired and it sedates me more than Ambien even would. Gummies work the best for me, within minutes I get totally tranquilized. I remember buying some awhile back and thought it was 5mg per gummy, but it was actually 2.5mg and I'd often just take a bite out of one. I think if you flood your body with excess it just doesn't work as well, at least for me this is the case. Either way tablets of the stuff never worked well for me at all compared to gummies.

Otherwise, other herbs like chamomile and passionflower are really good. I have chamomile tea every night, sometimes I'll add a passionflower bag in there.
And no you should definitely not be at risk of a seizure for only taking it 2 days. I don't know how much you took but I wouldn't imagine it was anything high, and even then it's just 2 days.

Also are there any other medications that I can take to help me these next couple of nights?

How long have you been off now? If it has been 4-5 half-lifes so about 30-50 hours and you don't feel really unwell, I wouldn't really expect seizures.

You are not adiicted to alprazolam in two days.
Maybe the freedom of living for a couple days is what you are craving. That "some things are just what it is" kinda mindset for me. Freedom. Would love to live there but it is untrue and u gotta deal with OPP too so....
Hope peace finds ya soon.
Freakin self control and impusle shit talk about a fight

One

I'd honestly avoid antihistamines. Like you can definitely get tranq'd out with some Benadryl but it's notorious for exacerbating restless legs, or just causing them in general. I learned that the hard way in kratom withdrawal. But I also only took like, one. I'm sure several could really help knock you out.

I think you'll be good though. Your body was probably just shocked by it, remembering the feeling, and its ease with helping sleep. When I was abruptly pulled off Valium awhile back (back on it now though, fortunately and unfortunately, as I'd rather not be taking it but the benefits outweigh the risks), melatonin really, really helped, can't stress that enough. I generally think more drugs aren't the answer in situations like this over natural herbal stuff like the ones I mentioned, chamomile and passionflower. Valerian root is also very good and has some gaba activity, I believe passionflower does as well.