• H&R Moderators: chinup | VerbalTruist | n3ophy7e

Recovery through tapering and some social conversation too

n3ophy7e

Moderator: TDS, H&R, MH
Staff member
Um, I'm happily child free- however... May I interject an opinion here?

Absolutely no 14 year old should be making permanent decisions with their body like a tattoo. Wow! And in a foreign country yet?

Imo tattoos should be approached with some modicum of responsibility.
I wholeheartedly agree.

strangelemon

Bluelighter
How is everyone today?

Am still taking kratom but taking to down a notch each day hoping to have a gentle landing from the norco which I think I took the last of last Monday maybe? Or 7 days ago ro so? And then the kratom. But last night I got no sleep at all, maybe a couple hours but my fitbit says none which is very disappointing. It was too hot here yesterday 90 degrees, last week was like 50 degrees.

I loathe summer. It cranks up my anxiety so badly then it tips to depression. It exacerbates everything- noise, inability to sleep and the longer daylight hours make me absolutely miserable- I cannot feel calm at all it is over stimulating. Worse more is I am forced to hear everyone chirp about how "great" it is and nobody gives a fuck how miserable it makes me. Zero company there. I have been this way since I was a child, I hated summer.

Gone are my calm grey skies :(

Last edited:

strangelemon

Bluelighter
Oh oh oh and I tried a zoom meeeting for SMART Recovery yesterday. You won't like my review lol

It is NOT for me. Omg I was so terrified. WAY too many people. Too much "rah rah" toxic positivity. And just too much people. WAY too many people. Overwhelming. Then they wanted me to speak???? Hell no. I politely dipped out. Not my thing. At all.

Bad Obsession

Bluelighter
Hey strangelemon, I'm ok I guess, feeling bit down & stressed thru nothing in particular. Maybe due to benzo reduction. Ur absolutely right re the tattoos, teenagers are so impulsive tho ain't they? I know I was but didn't get my first tatt til I was 19.....14 is too young & deffo not in a foreign country on holiday.
Yeah sometimes the nice sunny weather really pisses me off when I'm feeling down so can relate. Sun was shining here today when I got up, I was like 'Ugh!' but an hr later the sky got grey & the rain came lashing down, more fitting with my mood. But the sun's splitting the sky again now. Good on ya for taking less kratom each day, if ya knocked the norcos on the head then I'm absolutely sure ya will be able to keep the kratom usage under control. Never tried any zoom or smart meetings, don't think they would be for me either but after get my head in a better place I may give one a try if I feel I need to. Just atm I'm not in the right frame of mind to give it a go which I think ya gotta be otherwise would just end up hating it either way. Hope ur day gets better as it goes along 🙂
Hope everyone else is doing well

strangelemon

Bluelighter
Hi Bad Obsession, tapering those benzos takes no small measure of strength- you are a badass!
It means so much to me that through that you are still able to take the time to write and offer encouragement. You are one of the real ones my friend, thank you.

On the inks... Only good thing about summer is they can come out lol. Got a nice one on my shin last winter, a tiger head. Love it... Got my first when I was about 23. It was not a great piece- it was done quite well but too simplistic and I had it covered with a more intricate piece. However, in hidnsight I would have happily embellished it instead and kept it. But I just couldn't come up with any good ideas. But now that inks are basically a high end boutique experience, there are SO many cool design ideas LOL I wish I had kept it! It could have made a cool little piece. But I am good with what I got and an ever growing collection. I am wanting a big thigh piece SO badly.

Last edited:

Bad Obsession

Bluelighter
Hi Bad Obsession, tapering those benzos takes no small measure of strength- you are a badass!
It means so much to me that through that you are still able to take the time to write and offer encouragement. You are one of the real ones my friend, thank you.

On the inks... Only good thing about summer is they can come out lol. Got a nice one on my shin last winter, a tiger head. Love it... Got my first when I was about 23. It was not a great piece- it was done quite well but too simplistic and I had it covered with a more intricate piece. However, in hidnsight I would have happily embellished it instead and kept it. But I just couldn't come up with any good ideas. But now that inks are basically a high end boutique experience, there are SO many cool design ideas LOL I wish I had kept it! It could have made a cool little piece. But I am good with what I got and an ever growing collection. I am wanting a big thigh piece SO badly.
Sorry for just getting bk now, thank u for those words strangelemon, I appreciate it & will keep battling the benzo taper war 👍🏻 Sounds like ya got a good taste in tatts. What else do ya have?
Hope everyone doing well today - Robi & n3ophy7e.... hope ur both good & everyone else. We ain't heard frm our sweetie pie or iceman in a while, hope they're both ok & just taking some time out

Bad Obsession

Bluelighter
Strangelemon, sorry meant to ask after I thanked ya for ur kind words how u are feeling today & how's it going with the kratom?

Bad Obsession

Bluelighter
You doin okay mate? It has gone a bit quiet in here hasn't it.

strangelemon how are you lovely?

I am a lil bit worried about Sweetie Pie, she's been very quiet since her cat rant.
Yeah thanks, doing alright today. Good days & bad days but soldiering on as ya do. Has been quiet in here, strange that ain't heard anything frm sweetie pie on the thread lately, hope she's ok. U keeping alright urself?

strangelemon

Bluelighter
Hi all

Had just a rough day yesterday and today, just kinda getting through the day.

Thanks for asking
I appreciate you guys and hope you are doing well.

Glad to hear you are hanging in there Bad Obsession :)

Last edited:

Bad Obsession

Bluelighter
My mates cat is out to kill me - I'm convinced of it! The thing scrabs at me viciously if I try to stroke it lol. And when I'm down at his place having a drink in summertime, the seat I sit on is right beside the window he leaves open for it to go in & outta the house - it jumps in thru the window outta nowhere trying to give me a heart attack!!!!! Crafty wee bastard 😂