Recruiting Recruiting – Psychedelics: a study investigating the perceived effects of taking psychedelics on wellbeing and gut health – all welcome!

rt0466

Greenlighter

Recruiting – Psychedelics: a study investigating the perceived effects of taking psychedelics on wellbeing and gut health – all welcome!​

renderTimingPixel.png

Recruiting – Psychedelics: a study investigating the perceived effects of taking psychedelics on wellbeing and gut health – all welcome!
I am a Lecturer at London South Bank University and I am researching the perceived effects of taking psychedelics on wellbeing and gut health. If you can spare 15-20 minutes, please complete this online survey (link found below) – you would be contributing to this investigation into the perceived effects of psychedelics on wellbeing and gut health.
You don’t need to have taken these drugs to participate, although anyone who has would also contribute greatly! This survey is completely confidential and anonymous so no details that could identify you will be recorded. As long as you are over 18 years of age and you are not currently taking psychiatric medications (other than antidepressants), you are not under the influence of recreational drugs whilst participating; and do not have brain damage/diagnosed with memory deficit conditions, you are most welcome to participate. Please note that this study asks you questions about your stool (poo) consistency and regularity so you may want to observe that first for a few days when tripping and when not tripping. This study is not restricted to any country and welcomes people from all countries to participate. Our findings will contribute to informing research on the perceived effects of psychedelics within the UK and internationally and will form the basis of a journal article that may be published in a peer-reviewed journal.
The study has been approved by the School of Applied Sciences Ethics Committee, no. ETH2122-0230.
To participate, just follow this link:
https://lsbupsychology.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1KOCl0QlfVvoWkC
Thank you!

Welcome back @rt0466, good luck with your study.

On a side note, if you have completed and published your other studies it would be great if you updated them with a link!

is there like guinea pig trials going on here or just digitalized surveys? with like videos and shit

Once again I feel excluded. I feel someone who’s on maintenance opioids for years and years should be applicable but I’ll refrain. The fact folks on antidepressants can participate doesn’t make much sense to me considering they alter the function of psychedelics a lot more than other medications do.

I guess upon further thinking, is a maintenance dose of opioid a “psychiatric” medication? I believe the answer is yes but wanna make sure.

It bothers me cuz this is something I have kept note of, I also had to rebuild my microbiome from more or less scratch after chemotherapy too. I know my shits man ;) (Literally taking a shit as a type this, the irony.)

-GC