• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Rectal administration of Oxycodone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remeron

Greenlighter
I was prescribed 25 Oxycodone 5mg (no Acetaminophen!) and am wondering about rectal administration. The oxy is not actually strong enough or lasts long enough to combat my pain. I said that to my doctor and he said this is as good as it gets (yeah right! gimmie some opana!). From what i know rectal administration has a much faster onset and the effects last much longer. Any tips? Any duration times (not listed on Erowid)? Any information helps. Thank you.%)

Welcome to Bluelight!

Oxycodone is best taken orally.

IMO, oxycodone rectally lasts pretty much the same as orally, maybe a tiny bit longer, but honestly, you should just take them orally as directed by your physician. That's the best way to get the most out of your oxycodone, putting the pill in your mouth as is, and swallowing it with a tall glass of water. You really can't beat the oral ROA with oxycodone.

Yeah if your really just looking for pain relief, take 2 pills orally (10mg total) with your NSAID of choice.

And even if your just trying to catch a buzz, I'd still reccomend the oral ROA, and you can crush up/parachute the pills instead of taking them whole.

The oral BA of oxy is so high that plugging/rectal admin isn't worth it and w/ all the variables associated with plugging oxy you might even absorb less than if u had just eaten them. That, and oxy doesn't really give a rush, so the high ud get from rectal will be almost identical in nature to the high ud get from oral.

That being the case, I wouldn't want to risk poking something in my rectum and maybe doing some damage when the payoff isn't even better than just taking as directed

^Exactly. However, if you have proper plugging technique then you're not going to do any damage to your rectum ;)

If your determined to plug it, I'd recommend using a 5mL syringe, basically just crushing the pill and taking the plunger out of the syringe, backloading that powder into the syringe, then re-attatching the plunger into the syringe and then draw up enough water to fill it leaving about a half mL of air, then shake it hard and expel the air bubble and proceed with rectal administration.

That said, oral is the best ROA and you should honestly stick to oral dosing.

I never really been able to rectal admin opioids. One, opioids like oxy, it seems like its more trouble to prep it for rectal than to just swallow it. Two, regular use, leads to constipation, so it's hard to do it often, or so I imagine

i used to plug morphine occasionally and may have plugged a hydrocodone cwe once or twice. possibly heroin too...it's hard to remember; it was quite some time ago. ya know, "before the needle." as cloudy said though, as a regular user of opiates (at the time) plugging was always a toss-up. more than once i was just too backed up to get anything out of it and wasted whatever amount i had tried to use.

as for op: i agree with what everyone else has said so far. oral bioavailability for oxycodone is great. i would advise looking into some potentiators if the dose isn't sufficient for pain relief. the only reason to consider another roa would be for recreational purposes, and even then nothing is going to increase the effects much.

Drug Test

^Exactly. However, if you have proper plugging technique then you're not going to do any damage to your rectum ;)

If your determined to plug it, I'd recommend using a 5mL syringe, basically just crushing the pill and taking the plunger out of the syringe, backloading that powder into the syringe, then re-attatching the plunger into the syringe and then draw up enough water to fill it leaving about a half mL of air, then shake it hard and expel the air bubble and proceed with rectal administration.

That said, oral is the best ROA and you should honestly stick to oral dosing.

If used rectally, will Oxycodone show up on a urine drug test specifically testing for opioids?

Help! so I plugged oxy about 32 hours ago and I have a UA I'm supposed to take today and am trying to put it off. Does anyone know how long it will show up on a UA when administered rectally? :/ I'm trying to drink lots of water!!

Help! so I plugged oxy about 32 hours ago and I have a UA I'm supposed to take today and am trying to put it off. Does anyone know how long it will show up on a UA when administered rectally? :/ I'm trying to drink lots of water!!
it's against the rules to answer questions about UA's.

Because the absorbtion of oxycodone is about the same rectally as orally, the detection times will be pretty much the same as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.