Red oil bump under skin

chicken hoagie

Bluelighter
I decided to inject my testosterone S.C. this time instead of IM like in the past. I injected into my lower right abdominal fat, and the next day a decent sized bump formed with brightish red swelling on the surface. Is this just oil pressing up and stretching the skin? Or could this be the start of an infection by chance?

I decided to inject my testosterone S.C. this time instead of IM like in the past. I injected into my lower right abdominal fat, and the next day a decent sized bump formed with brightish red swelling on the surface. Is this just oil pressing up and stretching the skin? Or could this be the start of an infection by chance?

You don't state what volume was injected, I have read previously up to 0.5ml is preferred for SC..
Larger volumes may take a while to dissipate..

Likely irritation caused by the oil and the benzyl alcohol+benzyl benzoate. I get mild irritation from water based subq injections sometimes.

I used roughly 0.3ml
I have been Injecting test SubQ in the abdominal fat for about a year now at TRT dosages, bumps are normal but the red and itchy ones can take up to 2 weeks to fully go away.
0.3ml is about as big as I want to go, 0.4 or 0.5 is doable but you will get big lumps every single time.

IME, things to consider/do when doing SubQ to reduce bumps:
  • Gear quality. Some brands use way more solvents than other brands which results in more pain and irritation. Some UGLs are more painful while good UGL or Pharma Test Cyp bumps are hardly noticeable. Try to switch brands if it is possible.
  • Stay away from your bellybutton, at least 3 inches.
  • If the needle hurts on the way in, the bump will be bigger, more annoying and last longer. The smaller the needle the better, I use 31g, 8mm-1/3 of an inch, much better than 29g 1/2 of an inch.
  • Try to space shots by at least a couple of inches from any bump.
  • When cleaning the area with the swab after injection, vigorously massage the injection site while flexing your abs to spread the oil.
  • If drawing from more than one vial don't inject with the same needle, backload into a new one.