• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Relapse Relapsed last night do I have to wait again to take Suboxone?

TheBlackCrayon

Greenlighter
I had into a moment of weakness yesterday morning and went out and scored. The night before was terrible and I was waiting to take Suboxone. At about hour 12 without using I tried 2mg of suboxone, it didn't really help so I took another 2mg two hours later. At about 8am I was still feeling pretty crappy and was up to 10 mg of suboxone, the worst of the symptoms was over but I still felt crappy and was craving dope. I scored early around 9:30am, got home around 10am, did a shot and nothing! Waited an hour did another and nothing. I pretty much wasted my time and had done one entire 25 dollar bag. I put the other aside fof that evening, tried again and barely felt anything. Around 1am I did the last of it and I knocked out. It's been just about 12 hours again without any heroin but I'm not as bad off as I was kicking the other night. I to start my Suboxone taper again and stick to it. My question is: how long do I have to wait to take the Suboxone again?

Well.. when I was on suboxone I could use full agonist opioids in the day and then take suboxone the next morning as usual.

It never resulted in precipitated withdrawals for me. But if you want to be safe you should take your suboxone a few hours later than usual.

But I would think 12 hours would be long enough with short/medium acting opioid like heroin

This sucks, what a God damn losing war this always turns out to be. ????
It's all good, literally everyone I know who successfully cleaned up using methadone/suboxone fucked around a bit with taking opioids on top of their dose.

IMO as long as you're using less and working towards your goal (whatever that may be) you're a success ?

I've been on subs for just over 3 years now. In the beginning I would take some sort of opiate in the evening, even after having took my 8mg morning sub. I've always taken my morning dose after that and I've personally never had any issues. Like Quere said, if your nervous just wait a few extra hours or so. I wish you the best in your recovery, suboxone has given me my life back!!

I wish you the best in your recovery, suboxone has given me my life back!!
Yeah man, I definitely agree with that! Maintenance treatment is a game changer for opioid addicts. Without my methadone I would still be shooting opioids for sure.

Don't get down on yourself OP, relapse is a natural part of recovery, it happens to us all.

And yeah although I can't say for sure that it will be the same for you - back when I was on suboxone I used opioids on top many times and never got precipitated withdrawals when I dosed my sub the next day.

This sucks, what a God damn losing war this always turns out to be. ????

It might feel like that at first. The next time you start having cravings just remember that quote. Keep telling yourself that it's not worth it. I relapsed a dozen times within the first few months and I finally realized that I was just wasting money and time chasing a high that just wasn't there anymore.