• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Remeron

Robi

Bluelighter
I love my new doctor(hate that hes like 80, i want to hold onto him for dear life) he knows i dont do well on SSRI`s nor want them, so Im wondering why im given this for sleep? I like some feedback on any exp. on this drug, i did some research for interactions, L trypto is bad and i take that, i try natural sleep aides to no affect, but im not finding much info on it being great for sleep, i could watch videos but they often frighten me away, but if you had bad experiences on Remeron, pls share,

Last edited:
I'm prescribed them, they are called zispin on this side of the pond. I've stockpiled hundreds at this stage as I only use them on very low doses as a sleep aid. And they are second to none in that regard. The dreams are very lucid however. They can be really pleasant or else downright terrifying.

Only secondhand knowledge here (next to useless i know, but i just like reading my typing lol).

Mirtazepine has pretty strong antihistamine effects combined with classical SNRI effects (gut feeling is that they were trying to make a modernized tricyclic without the heart stopping sodium channel blockade that made those drugs rather deadly).

It seems fairly well tolerated as SN/SRI drugs go, but i see increased hunger as a fairly common/pronounced side effect.

Also, nice new sig.

Only secondhand knowledge here (next to useless i know, but i just like reading my typing lol).

Mirtazepine has pretty strong antihistamine effects combined with classical SNRI effects (gut feeling is that they were trying to make a modernized tricyclic without the heart stopping sodium channel blockade that made those drugs rather deadly).

It seems fairly well tolerated as SN/SRI drugs go, but i see increased hunger as a fairly common/pronounced side effect.

Also, nice new sig.
i love the way you write and explain, and i can barely eat unless i take a xanax and im doing my best not to use them for sleep and grind on rabbit food, sure feel a sense of relief , cos ssri`s etc , seem hell on me, but ill be mindful...........and check out jack handy, he cracks me up!!

I'm prescribed them, they are called zispin on this side of the pond. I've stockpiled hundreds at this stage as I only use them on very low doses as a sleep aid. And they are second to none in that regard. The dreams are very lucid however. They can be really pleasant or else downright terrifying.
ty for info, i study dreaming, and i enjoy both bad and good dreams, especially bad, upon awakening, like a rush knowing it was not reality, i study to be more in control of lucidity in dream state and boy oh boy this might be a trip,,,but i need REM!

That effect also occurred with use of Mirtazepine, which is the actual name of the substance. The other's are brandnames.

While it was not bothersome when I took it year's ago. My last time it was actually keeping me awake. But I developed a sleeping disorder. And it seems to aggravate it.

Actually Mirtazipine is considered a "NaSSA" and not an SNRI. It doesn't have effects as a monoamine reuptake inhibitor.

Mirtazapine saved my life.

After a lot of psychotherapy, back when I was suicidal tier mentally sick, I had tremendous improvement in my anxiety disorder and no improvement in my depression issue. At that point, my major depression episode (during Which I was a cripple on bed and could literally only move my fingers) was finished and I was back on dysthymia, so anhedonia, fatigue, and my body moving in slow motion.

There was that uphill that I had to bike to reach my house, and I d always get down from the bike and walk it because my body was too weak to bike.

Then I went to the doctor and he started me on 15mg mirtazapine. I felt a bit weird the first weeks like I was on a psychedelic trip. But my chronic insomnia was finally defeated. This thing is better than benzos in terms of putting you and keeping you asleep. But my depression was still not improved enough after 8 weeks.

So I went to the doc and asked him to up me to 30mg.

8 weeks later, one day I just biked that uphill without even realizing. And when I reach home I am like, wait a minute, I didn't get down from the bike to walk, I actually biked the uphill.

And since then I have only been improving.

Only negative of this wonder drug is it makes me eat like a pig and I was a real fatso which made me sad and I stopped it for some time. Stupid decision, I lost the weight but got rather depressed again (but nowhere near where I was, I have permanent improvement from this). Now I am back on it and everything is really good.

I definitely recommend to give it a try. Also I don't know about what sexual dysfunction SSRIs cause, but I had no problem of any sort with mirtazapine

For me personally, a true wonder drug, I see no reason why SSRIs still get prescribed when this miraculous medicine exists.

Wish you all the best Robi, just take it slowly with it, maybe even start with 7.5mg,then after 4 weeks 15mg,then after 8 weeks 30mg,then if not enough you can ask doc for 45mg.

And please be very patient and don't be disappointed because there are not immediate Results, antidepressants take weeks to work, only after 2 months can you judge if your dose is working, so if we are talking about titrating to 30mg, you need 4 months before you know for sure it works

Best of luck <3