• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 395: Shadows (VOTING CLOSED)

Who's shall become BL's resident Shadowmeister?

• bptubbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CFC

• BehindtheShadow

• Xorkoth

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • mal3volent

• Herbavore

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Globetrotter

• White_Rose

• aihfl

• Buspersons Holiday

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, there have been some really great entries this month!

Here's mine :)

df11c4_014f386308f64b3ea07900b3cab5a985~mv2.jpg

Thanks TP

My dad gave me a camera as a young kid and I just kinda got hooked. The digital age is satisfying because you never have to buy film, so I'm much more likely to shoot than when I was limited to 20 or 36 pics before you had to stop and reload. It feels so free!

But I digress :)

Thanks TP

My dad gave me a camera as a young kid and I just kinda got hooked. The digital age is satisfying because you never have to buy film, so I'm much more likely to shoot than when I was limited to 20 or 36 pics before you had to stop and reload. It feels so free!

But I digress :)

What kind of digital camera do you favor these days?

Thanks Xorkoth !

TP, I think just about any camera these days is more than enough. I shoot with a 9 year old Nikon D3, which is way more than I need at the moment.

Yeah w_r... it's pretty fuckin fantastic :(. So pretty...and shadowy...

Mmmm shadowie :)

Just a heads up folks, only four or five more days until we stop taking submission for this round.

Shadowmeister is a pretty badass title, so get those submission in while you still can!

p.s. This isn't my photo, so it isn't an actual submission. I'm just trying to be cute ;)

I'm not good with calendar math unless I stop and think %)

Technically that is fairly correct though, depending on one's time zone ;)

Whenever June 4th is I guess.

Just when I thought I didn't have a picture to submit I step out onto my patio and see a blue heron reflected almost perfectly on the lake. The shadows of the trees on the slightly rippled surface of the water lend it a bit of an impressionist feel.

244b7vd.jpg

Last edited:
uuMPhAQl.jpg

I took this of my shadow on a bog-standard phone camera whilst out for a long sunny walk last year
It looks like I'm wearing a strange-shaped dress, but its actually a bag over my shoulder & big coat tied around my waist!

I really like that one hydro, reminds me of where I grew up in a good sort of way.

For my selection, since I posted 3, can you do the one with the eclipse shadows?