• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Social S + G Social Thread v. The Flea Flicker

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
Hey fellow BLers, I wanted to open up a general off-topic social thread for S + G.

Feel free to post about any sport your watching, game you're playing, bet you're taking, or just shoot the shit.

Happy to be here and looking forward to talking sports with everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I miss the old runescape community back in the days. Like 2006-2011. I was top rated pvp guy and met some fine ass people back then. Nowadays gaming aint the same. :cry:

When I played RS back in the day...talkin WAY back in the day... everybody pretty much knew everybody. When I started there was only like 3 servers 😅.

this was as big as the map ever got for me, pretty much. I was around a little while after they introduced the Pay wall. That's when they created fletching and herblaw etc etc. Then I quit for good when they changed the graphics lol.

oldschool 4 lyfe!

R8Tsa0D.gif

6th grade , get off the bus, hot pocket, turn on computer, wait ten minutes, connect to internet, wait ten minutes, load RS, wait ten minutes, yes! I'm in! *takes bite of hot pocket*... let's go

*disconnected*

About to get a Nintendo switch, what game should I get? @mal3volent @schizopath

if you're into animal crossing type stuff you should totally get it!

Mario Odyssey is super fun too, if you want an inventive platformer adventure.

super smash bros has massive replay ability, you can pick it up any time and play. Tons of characters and modes.

what type of game are you really into?

what type of game are you really into?
I think primarily I'm into RPGs and action games. I went with assassin's Creed 3 and the BioShock collection. The deal was too good to pass up, 3 games for 20 bucks.

I got a used grey one. My roomie has Zelda so I can borrow his anytime. Planning on getting maybe a pokemon game and a final fantasy game when I get some more money.

I have a little bit of guilt for spending my money on this, just cause money doesn't come easy for me. So i have to make it worth it lol.

I got sucked riiiiiight in to both AC3 and the original BioShock, both of which I've never played before. Fun shit, fun shit. Pretty pleased with my purchase of the Nintendo switch.

I got sucked riiiiiight in to both AC3 and the original BioShock, both of which I've never played before. Fun shit, fun shit. Pretty pleased with my purchase of the Nintendo switch.

nice. If you ever get super smash or animal crossing or Mario kart or something tell me your details and I'll add you

nice. If you ever get super smash or animal crossing or Mario kart or something tell me your details and I'll add you
Will do! At some point I definitely want to get smash and maybe Mario kart as well.

I made my own games in primary school. A program called Klik n Play. They were a pretty basic one screen at a time type deal (like God Of Thunder or the Oddworld games if anyone remembers them, nowhere near as good though).

The games were pretty shitty since I drew all of the sprites and backdrops and made the music on my Casio keyboard, but I put my friends in them as bosses or playable characters or something, so I actually had other people playing them. The shitness actually made them kind of entertaining.

Never got into Assassins Creeds. Though Id propably enjoy playing the latest ones given the chance.

Damn Im a sucker for Overwatch. The gaming itself is still competive but chill. Not really toxic community either.

Last edited:
I keep trying to get back into video games but I just don't think I can 😢

There's a correlation with alcohol and I just feel like I can't enjoy games without it.

One of the many things alcohol ruined in my life.

But I'm also at the age where people tend to retire from gaming

I retired from "popular" gaming quite a while ago. As in, playing whatever everyone else is playing at the time. Always staying with the most modern shit, etc. Now I just play what I feel like playing.
That's the way to do it. I always end up playing games way after the period when they were popular.