Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Salvia Divinorum - Semi-experienced & a First Timer - Into Deep

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
This actually details an experience that happened almost 3 years ago. I originally typed up a trip report later that night so that I would never forget. Link

Everything that I wrote was an exact account of what I remember happening, though there were parts that I had accidently omitted, yet still remember clearly. Also I was never quite happy with the way it was written and I?€™ve spent a lot of time thinking about it, so felt it was time to be revised. Plus it deserves it. Every word is true and as I remember.

I also feel it is one worth reading, I have never really read an account quite like this before.

It is long but I think I?€™ve captured pretty much every detail here.

It all started when a close friend, Tom, said he wanted to try Salvia Divinorum. I had tried salvia on about five separate occasions, breaking through twice. I always found the experience to be fun, weird and utterly convincing. Yet, as the effects wore off I was always on the fence with regards to whether there was actually anything substantial/real to the psychedelic experience. That said, I was very much interested in everything regarding it, and it occupied a lot of my time. We both had plenty of experience with various drugs, if that matters, and had both tried psychedelics.

Anyway, I acquired some salvia and so the experience began on March 23rd 2008. Easter Sunday.

Tom had been working late and it was in the early hours of the morning. I?€™d had a few joints earlier in the night and was feeling slightly mellow but otherwise sober. He arrived at my house and we split the 2 gram pile of 20x Salvia Divinorum into quarters, opting for around a half gram each, if memory serves me right.

Tom started to play a downtempo album that has came to mean a lot to both of us. It was by Oliver Lieb, and the album is called L.S.G. ?€“ Into Deep. For anybody that hasn?€™t heard it, it is a flowing collection of beautiful luscious soundscapes and powerful, raw, broken beats.

In the kitchen we quickly fashioned a bucket (gravity bong in the USA) out of an empty bottle and loaded the salvia into the chillum. I went first, Tom was to follow. I pulled a bucket and inhaled, exhaling straight away. Tom sarcastically quipped that he hoped I wasn?€™t looking forward to doing salvia again too much, because I?€™d forgotten to hold the smoke in.

I used the remainder in the chillum to quickly pull a second bucket and the (...all a little too familiar) feeling of salvia gripped my entire essence. The way it looks, smells and tastes which just shrieks divine mystery at you. Salvia Divinorum is so very worthy of a name like Sage, as I was about to find out.

Suddenly, I heard an announcement. ?€œYou are the millionth person in the world to be called *my full name here*?€. It sounded like a game show announcement, and it was fucking horrible. It had happened as if I were just pottering about my everyday life, and then this.

I saw people being pulled in from everywhere, slowly weaving and assembling piece by piece, letter by letter into my name in the sky. It was that freaky, weird, salvia Lego effect and it was like all the other pieces were me. A melody struck on the album. As it did so it merged with the experience, becoming a twisted and significant soundtrack of the moment. I was the final instalment and I became it.

And that was it. As far as I remembered, I hadn?€™t taken any drugs, just encountered an elaborate and sinister prank on my reality. This was my purpose and I felt utterly worthless. It was fucking shit.

I was wondering what to do with my pointless existence, stuck inside a giant name in the sky when, suddenly, it started fall apart piece by piece like a stack of cards. My kitchen kind of rapidly unfolded into view from a single point on my right hand side and I was forcefully flung back into reality. The giant name was still falling apart and the last piece was Tom, who I watched being flung forcefully into the room.
I?€™m sure that those who have experienced the wrath of salvia can relate to how utterly disturbing it felt to know that something like this had just occurred. And I cannot begin to describe how comforting it was to know that Tom was back.

I watched Tom kind of crumple backwards and ran at him with my arms outstretched. He got pushed back into the door, knocking the bucket over and later, we found, creating quite a sizeable hole in the kitchen wall with the door handle. Oops. Nothing a tad of polly-filla and some paint from B&Q didn fix.

As tom hit the floor he was clearly distressed and started repeatedly asking what was happening. I picked him up and, remembering wed just smoked salvia (big fucking relief), told him that he was simply on drugs and I was taking him somewhere more comfortable. ?€œThe same thing that happened to you happened to me in there!?€, he shrieked. I helped him into the living room and placed him onto the couch. Then, as he pointed at the wall behind me in horror I heard the words that would change everything.

What the FUCK is that?

As I turned to face the wall I was greeted by the presence of a life sized entity facing us on the wall. She was a glowing blue silhouette, emanating femininity and coming from a tear in reality bridging into salvia space. I knew that Tom could see the same thing and I couldn?€™t quite grasp it, so sat back on the couch with my head in my hands, unable to look up at her because what I was seeing was quite simply too real, too powerful. She started speaking and reciting all of her different names. ?€œI am the Salvia Goddess. Ska Maria Pastora, Mary The Sheperdess. My name is Sally D, The seer of the sages?€ etc etc. ?€œI am powerful beyond belief?€, she said ?€œ?€? but I?€™m not really bad?€.

At this point on the album a very dark and forbidding, Portuguese female voice talks in much the same way. You actually distinctly hear the words ?€œsally d?€ spoken on the album, although it actually comes from the spoken word ?€œNo Causalidad?€, which is the name of the track and some of the only spoken Portuguese on the album that I?€™ve ever come to know the meaning of. It means No cause without effect. At a later point in the album, it sounds like somebody is singing the name Maria.

I don?€™t remember hearing all of what she said, as we were both completely humbled; reduced to whimpering shells of our former selves. I could barely look at her. A powerful feeling surrounded me. Like the music, it was very forbidding and dark. However, although I felt completely alien, I also had complete clarity of mind. It simply felt as if something very real and important was happening, which involved both of us.

To highlight the way I was feeling at around this part of the experience, it was at about this point that I actually turned to Tom and said ?€œare you real?€? What I really meant to ask was, ?€œare you an actor?€. It felt very sinister and I was half expecting him to turn to me and go, ?€œThis is your life!?€, before revealing himself to be the host of a reality TV show, which I was the centre of. ?€œI?€™m definitely real?€, he replied, which much like his chaotic return to the kitchen, was just such a big relief.

By the time I looked up I could see her with perfect clarity. An utterly beautiful fractal goddess made from the colours of gold, green and autumn leaves. She looked young, maybe around 18 years old, and I got the undeniable feeling that I knew her from somewhere. Not only in terms of being a familiar face, but in terms of being a distinctive, powerful, female archetype. It was like her face cycled through the face of every human female who had ever lived.

As she spoke, her breathe came out as ethereal, synaesthesiac fractal wisps, made from the divine colour of her very essence. Every word was a perfect symphony, a musical tale. She was the music and she sang with perfect grace and eloquence.

She asked us to help her. She also said that I knew I?€™d been here before (the first time that I tried salvia I had a very powerful feeling of déjà-vu and a feeling that I recognised the salvia world somehow, a feeling that lasted for and troubled me for weeks). She also said that we?€™d know what to do when the time was right.

I asked what we had to do and she repeated ?€œhelp me?€. I got fleeting images of trying to change the world. I felt like our lives had been made for this purpose and that we really had to do something that she would ask of us. Then Tom got up and started walking towards the door. I thought he was going to try and run away from it all, but I knew he couldn?€™t. He wasn?€™t allowed.

I tried to stop him and asked where he was going. ?€œshe said get me?€, he said. ?€œNo,?€ I replied, ?€œshe said help me?€. He walked into the kitchen and said that she had been pointing at something and pointed into the corner, remarking that nothing was there. Except, as I pointed out, the rest of the Salvia Divinorum.

We went back into the room and although Maria Pastora was no longer visible, her distinct presence was still strong, and was clearly still the essence of the music and the experience. However, I could feel her presence beginning to fade, and with it, normality beginning to return.

I was completely convinced of what had happened. I told Tom it was real and he agreed. We were both visibly shocked and I knew our lives would never be the same. I had suddenly begun to massively question my entire concept of reality. It had changed, utterly, in the space of a few minutes. It was clearly a lot to take on board; the implications were immense.

We sat in silence for a short time, both contemplating, and then I asked Tom a second time if the experience was real. I simply knew he was going to deny it. I could see it in his face, he didn?€™t want it to be real and he was already in denial. The drug was wearing off, she was leaving and reality was in his grasp; he could simply slip back into his old existence and forget all about it. I asked him again if it was real and he said it was just the drug.

At that point she came back and started to talk again, as prominent as she was earlier. ?€œDon?€™t doubt me for I am very real?€, she said, and more, although I can't remember what. I could see the shock in Toms face and I shouted ?€œlisten, she?€™s speaking!!?€.

?€œI know?€, he replied.

I lay back on the couch. I was astounded. Beforehand I?€™d felt like something bad was happening, but then I realised it wasn?€™t. I felt a growing euphoria. Tom was clearly troubled. He?€™d only just begun his process of forgetting and his denial was crushed in a few swift sentences. Then a voice came back (which is also on the album), and it was undeniably her. She was singing ?€œgive me your hand?€. It was such a soothing and fitting thing to hear. I asked Tom if he was okay and he said yes, but he just couldn?€™t quite believe what had happened.

To give a rough reference of time, going by the album:
+0 minutes: LSG album started
+5/6 minutes: Smoked salvia
+7 minutes: Became giant name in sky
+11 First encountered Maria Pastora in the living room
+20 minutes ?€œGive me your hand?€ (tracklist was messed up, should have been 5 minutes earlier)

We sat for about another 15 minutes in complete silence, both contemplating. I was almost back to bassline now, just feeling slightly mellow. Her voice had disappeared and the experience appeared over. I asked Tom again if it was real and he firmly told me ?€œlisten, mate, it was just the drug?€.

Then her voice was back, and this also is actually on the album if you listen. She sang ?€œI am not, I am not existing?€? You hear my voice?€? all over. The voice of everyone?€. She then goes on to say something unintelligible before saying ?€œcome into another world?€? where you will never cry?€. The song then builds into a crescendo where the words ?€œI am not existing?€ are repeated again and again against the backdrop of a moody melody and powerful beat.

I was telling Tom to listen to the words and he was saying he could hear them, but didn?€™t want to listen. He couldn't, it was too much to bare, and I could see it in his eyes.

We sat there pretty much in silence, lost in our thoughts for the next 40 minutes or so. The album ended and as I went to put on something else instead (silence was far too disconcerting) I looked at the name of the album. ?€œIt?€™s called In Too Deep?€ I exclaimed!!

The thought that this was the name of the album troubled me greatly and coupled with the whole giant name in the sky thing, led to some quite negative headspace for a long time afterwards. However, I have since learned that the album was named incorrectly and as already mentioned, is in fact called Into Deep, which definitely has more positive connotations.

We sat there for another hour or so, still thinking and instead listening to Sasha ?€“ Involver, which again has some very relevant lyrics. The first track sings repeatedly ?€œthere?€™s nothing to do, ?€˜cos you won?€™t go through it and there?€™s nothing to do, until you put yourself up to it?€. The relevance was extremely unsettling, considering how much I felt like I was meant to smoke more salvia after Tom said that Ska Pastora was pointing to the rest of the Sage.

The next track sings about ?€œbeen here before, a million open doors?€ and how ?€œso you fall against the wall?€??€ (Bit like what happened in the kitchen??)

The first time round I ended this report by saying it was like the soundtrack of my life and I don?€™t think that has changed a bit.

For a long time afterwards tom did not like discussing what had happened. If I broached the subject he said he couldn?€™t remember properly and didn?€™t want to discuss it. He doesn?€™t seem to remember enough to put into a detailed description like I have, but agrees that what I say happened, did.

Tom could not accept the experience, as he had previously not considered anything like this possible. However, as much as you possibly can be when confronted with a goddess, I know that I was more prepared. Ever since first smoking salvia when I was 16, I'd been somewhat obsessed with psychedelics.

All I know is that I wasn't so far gone that I imagined the whole experience. We were both together, with eyes open, and were as sober as you could possibly get whilst being confronted with a psychedelic goddess. I didn't imagine the whole experience, and the small details that Tom remembers and the fact that some of the things she said are spoken on the album (including two of the goddess's well known names, Sally D and Maria), corroborate this.

The first time I detailed this experience, I didn?€™t overtly admit that I thought there was some reality to what happened, but I was being dishonest.

I don?€™t know exactly who she is but I believe that she is some kind of powerful female figure, perhaps Mother Nature. Certainly an extremely powerful being who does have huge influence over this reality in ways that we could not possibly conceive.

The ?€˜synchronicities?€™ that I still get to this day lead me to believe that you really do hear her voice all over, as she sung to is the last words she spoke. Only a few days ago, we were discussing whether or not the whole thing in its entirety really was real or not, when I noticed that there were a series of alarms fitted along the wall across the road from where we were sitting, each with LSG (the name of the artist who made the album) written on them in big letters.

Tom has also come round to the idea that this really did happen. He denied it for around a year or so, but since our shared foray into the world of psychedelia, he has let go and came to terms with it; the psychedelic experience is simply too powerful to ignore. We?€™ve both offered ourselves up to it completely, and it feels like I walk through a different world now.

I?€™ve got the L.S.G. album on now and it?€™s at a point that feels like a rather fitting end to this chapter.

So that?€™s what happened to us on Easter Sunday once.

p.s I mention this later in the post but this is what she looked like, but younger, and singing her own fractals as beautiful music which coincided with the album. And of course, she was infinitely more beautiful. She head like ancient technological head dresses on her head.

com8pC6.jpg

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_salvia
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
exptype_spiritual
exptype_lifechanging
roacode_smoked
roacode_inhaled

Last edited:
Wow, definitely sounds beyond what words can describe!

I think that you both took huge doses (a quarter of a gram of 20x is a giant dose). Its amazing that you both saw (and heard?) the same or similar things. Did you ever ask Tom about the specifics of what he saw compared to what you saw?

Salvia is truly amazing like that.

That's what I would find most interesting: an account from Tom. Or at least, what he would have said was his experience, before you'd discussed what you'd seen/heard.

Great read too.

Well... you two need to get together again and do the exact same thing I guess. Let us know.

After the trip subsided I could see that Tom was trying to pretend it never happened. It was so obvious... it was completely alien to him, having had less experience with psychedelics at the time and an ego/status to protect.

He says that he's going to post his account here... like I say though, his memory is hazy. I watched him force himself to forget and that was a huge part of it.

I've struggled for years to get a complete account from him, so look forward to this as well. Will get on his case over the next few days.

Last edited:
This is kind of what she looked like, but younger, and singing her own fractals as beautiful music. And of course, she was infinitely more beautiful.

com8pC6.jpg

Last edited:
Just a quick update; almost 8 years after our experience with the holy sage, to say that I eventually think that when the goddess said "we’d know what to do when the time was right"... that this is the time.

My life has been plagued by avoidance behaviors and consequent fear (I've only fully realised this, and the consequent impact it's had these past few days. Even though I've always had a perfect and substantial group of friends, and the position in life/opportunity to really become a better person, indulge in what I love, (psychedelics, hedonism and tribal/psychedelic music), blossom and literally achieve my wildest dreams. Interestingly Tom (from the report) is currently in Peru partaking in ayahuasca, whilst I'm back at home living with my parents!

I always expected some kind of obvious calling to tell me wen the time is right; but now I realise that I had to reach rock bottom, with little hope left, to eventually realise deep inside me that I had to stop this life long habit of avoiding; and as the album towards the tail end of the experience said, to put myself up to it.

“There’s nothing to do, ‘cos you won’t go through it and there’s nothing to do, until you put yourself up to it”

I've been holding back, and it's finally time to move forward.

Oh and this is the album from the start of the experience, extensively detailed in the trip report.

L.S.G. - Into Deep:

Any additional thoughts/input welcome.

Last edited:
I'll tell you exactly what you saw. Listen very fucking carefully. Because this is the time for you to know. Salvia sent me here to type this to you now.

When you do the right amount of salvia. The drug slows down your sense of time, until time stops. At this point you can see the "wheel of time" If you can handle it..... if you cannot handle it, you black out.

The wheel of time is "it could physically be described as a tunnel of infinite length and width; a tunnel with reflective furrows. Every furrow is infinite, and there are infinite numbers of them. Living creatures are compulsorily made, by the force of life, to gaze into one furrow. To gaze into it means to be trapped by it, to live that furrow.

She asserted that what [humans] call will belongs to the wheel of time. It is something like the runner of a vine, or an intangible tentacle which all of us possess. She said that a [humans] final aim is to learn to focus it on the wheel of time in order to make it turn. [humans] who have succeeded in turning the wheel of time can gaze into any furrow and draw from it whatever they desire."

When you gaze into the furrow of time that you're stuck inside, you see an infinite number of yourself, everywhere. That's how time works...... I know this, I've broken through on salvia many times and the last time I did it, it gave me PTSD and I had flashbacks of pure agony everyday. These flashbacks made me suicidal and forced me to start using opiates in order to kill the flashbacks. I don't get the flashbacks anymore, or use opiates anymore. It took 3 hard years of heroin addiction. If you want to know what real suffering is, keep messing with salvia, and learn things you shouldn't learn yet in time. THIS WISDOM WILL MAKE YOU SUFFER FOR IT, IF YOU DESIRE IT BEFORE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO KNOW.

Last edited:
That reminds me of what happens in the movie Arrival, only with an inability to process that sort of thinking or perspective.

Fascinating thread but I am sorry to hear how hard Salvia experiences have been on several of you...

hey ziggo;
the thing is if you have more time sustained than you can tolerate you black out, the black out is unavoidable, not a dose challenge.
the toleration here is not something that you can really push:
there is only so much time that can be buffered or stacked, and more layers than that just flatten all discrimination in all sensations either to black or to white, no diff. really. during the blackout no new memory formation occurs. just noise

Just a quick update; almost 8 years after our experience with the holy sage, to say that I eventually think that when the goddess said "we’d know what to do when the time was right"... that this is the time.

My life has been plagued by avoidance behaviors and consequent fear (I've only fully realised this, and the consequent impact it's had these past few days. Even though I've always had a perfect and substantial group of friends, and the position in life/opportunity to really become a better person, indulge in what I love, (psychedelics, hedonism and tribal/psychedelic music), blossom and literally achieve my wildest dreams. Interestingly Tom (from the report) is currently in Peru partaking in ayahuasca, whilst I'm back at home living with my parents!

I always expected some kind of obvious calling to tell me wen the time is right; but now I realise that I had to reach rock bottom, with little hope left, to eventually realise deep inside me that I had to stop this life long habit of avoiding; and as the album towards the tail end of the experience said, to put myself up to it.

“There’s nothing to do, ‘cos you won’t go through it and there’s nothing to do, until you put yourself up to it”

I've been holding back, and it's finally time to move forward.

Oh and this is the album from the start of the experience, extensively detailed in the trip report.

L.S.G. - Into Deep:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYZqrStqZ9I

Any additional thoughts/input welcome.

What an incredible experience. I love that 8 years later you are still embracing both the mystery of it and pulling wisdom from it. I, too, would have interpreted her request, "Help me" to mean "Open yourself to this and carry it into your life. Expand and do not become convinced of all the false limitations. Help the world by becoming your true self." Truthfully you could have one experience like this and spend the rest of your life holding it up to the light and seeing it from different angles.

half a gram of 20x is a huge dose, im still working on a gram i bought almost a year ago. though to be honest i havent taken any in almost 6 months while its interesting its not something i often feel an urge to indulge in

What an incredible experience. I love that 8 years later you are still embracing both the mystery of it and pulling wisdom from it. I, too, would have interpreted her request, "Help me" to mean "Open yourself to this and carry it into your life. Expand and do not become convinced of all the false limitations. Help the world by becoming your true self." Truthfully you could have one experience like this and spend the rest of your life holding it up to the light and seeing it from different angles.

It really was an incredible experience; that almost feels like an understatement in fact. I'll try my best to describe what she was like. I can't possibly begin to convey what it felt like as I sat their on the couch with my friend and she was just there facing us at the other end of the room... full size... and singing/speaking directly to us, but I will try.

She looked very much like the Android Jones photo; same colours and kind of made out of highly digital, fractal autumn leaves (?), and she was wearing a psychedelic headdress of similar colours, flowing out of the back of her head in a similar fashion to the image, except it was way cooler and more advanced... sort of like it was a headdress made out of advanced technology (I hadn't seen the android jones photograph at the time btw... it wasn't even released until a few years later). You couldn't see her body at this point, all the focus was on her head, which was located next to the speaker, and facing off slightly to the side. Her head sort of flowed into the same colours which made up her neck.

com8pC6.jpg

If you look at the back of the headdress on the photo, every time that she breathed out as she spoke or said something/sung, it came out as kind of beautiful wispy golden/orange/blue/purple colours which looked much like that. When she sung it was a very psychedelic, fractal and beautiful. She would pause and exhale and it would cause the air to flow out in these gorgeous graceful patterns. The sound was very ethereal and what she was saying was a mixture of her words and words on the album. The album contains a lot of these sounds... but it distinctly sounded like she was those sounds. She had this signature sound which was very powerful and beautiful. She later said "you hear my voice all over, the voice of everyone", which is a spoken sentence you can hear on the album. The implication was that she communicates through everyone, and through music... and that this album just happened to be a signature showpiece.

Her face seemed to be... every female, but also distinctively her own face. It was rapidly cycling, but also not.... she definitely had her own image, although that was more via the headdress and everything else surrounding her face. She looked very young, but there was no hiding (or attempt to hide the fact) that she was ridiculously ancient, and yet also way, way more advanced.

Her personality was very domineering and assertive, I mean I'm talking like the apogee of those traits. Kind of like the strict teacher at school who you respected, revered and feared in equal measure... except you know that she likely has full control over you entire reality. But then at the same time she had this kind of very sweet, innocent and motherly/calming sense about her. She was very charming and alluring, and had a kind of dry/cheeky side. The best example I can give is when she boomed "I AM POWERFUL BEYOND BELIEF" (it sounded stereotypically ridiculous), and then in this really kind of ultra sweet and kind of charming inverse followed up with... "but I'm not really bad"; kind of like some sort of stereotypical little girl chuckling and joking about how she was kind of naughty but nice.

She also gave a sense of being... vulnerable. Like she was in danger. It was heavily implied (and relayed in rapid visions) that this was relating to her place on the earth, and that humanity had went seriously wayward and needed to save itself, imminently. This was especially apparent when she sang "give me your hand" and asked us to "help her" (which tom heard as 'get her') - kind of the same thing, when looked at in the entirety of what she meant (i.e take more).

I think that salvia trip reports are far too similar to be a coincidence. I think that essentially it is something like what ziggo said. There are infinite moments, and infinite possibilities. She plays some kind of conscious role in coordinating that. So many people have seen the same wheel that ziggo saw, and seen her.

I find her very enchanting, although ultimately I feel so vulnerable and scared in contrast to her. Although I think that essentially I need to toughen up, and attempt to meet her as an equal. I 100% believe that she is a real, conscious and aware entity. My friend Tom from the report is currently training to be a shaman in Peru, as a result of all of this, as is his girlfriend. They are my two closest friends and, are currently partaking in ayahuasca training. It's funny because I'm not even really very 'spiritual', in a way. I tend to disagree with a lot of new age stuff. But what do I know? All I know (think) is that I am certain that the whole psychedelic thing is aware and is invested in the future direction of humanity.

This is the album I reference, most of what I have described in this post started at about 9-9.30 minutes in.

Last edited:
Does anybody know why all the characters are all messed up in my trip report
?