• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News San Francisco Just Decriminalized Shrooms

That's great for all the rich tech bros that do psychedelics at their $500 concerts. I'm so happy they don't have to worry about illegal shrooms anymore.

Yes mushrooms....the drug that is really affecting SF as city.

Wanna actually save lives and lower the insane crime in SF....legalize heroin and prescribe desoxyn to meth addicts.

That's great for all the rich tech bros that do psychedelics at their $500 concerts. I'm so happy they don't have to worry about illegal shrooms anymore.

Yes mushrooms....the drug that is really affecting SF as city.

Wanna actually save lives and lower the insane crime in SF....legalize heroin and prescribe desoxyn to meth addicts.
while legalisation causes a lot of harm reduction for those already addicted, it also creates a base of new addicts who try due to legalisation. I'm all for decriminalisation, but full-on legalisation? I'd kill myself with a sledgehammer before ever living in a place that has legal heroin.

I'm sorry. Aside that it's not going to make anyone smarter in using heroin. It'd be the same Spiel it is now, only the state would profit instead of the mafia.

Ppl hear of Portugal and they get really stoked on legalisation. Newsflash, my dear detectives, it's decriminalized in Portugal, not legal. And honestly it hasn't helped much. Yes, the users are safer. That's positive. Other than that it's "we stopped arresting addicts for being addicts. Now the crime rate is almost gone. ERMAGERD I'M SHOCKED" yeah.

I'd find it positive, if the US stopped giving opioids to ppl via perscription. That's the real issue, in my eyes. US docs prescribe opiates for having the sniffles, so it seems. And then they're all like "wow, o shucks, how did we get so many heroin addicts? hmmmmmmmm" We don't have near that kind of a heroin problem here, because our doctors don't do that. Our doctors would go to jail if they did the shit they do in the US.

Last edited:
while legalisation causes a lot of harm reduction for those already addicted, it also creates a base of new addicts who try due to legalisation. I'm all for decriminalisation, but full-on legalisation? I'd kill myself with a sledgehammer before ever living in a place that has legal heroin.

I'm sorry. Aside that it's not going to make anyone smarter in using heroin. It'd be the same Spiel it is now, only the state would profit instead of the mafia.

Ppl hear of Portugal and they get really stoked on legalisation. Newsflash, my dear detectives, it's decriminalized in Portugal, not legal. And honestly it hasn't helped much. Yes, the users are safer. That's positive. Other than that it's "we stopped arresting addicts for being addicts. Now the crime rate is almost gone. ERMAGERD I'M SHOCKED" yeah.

I'd find it positive, if the US stopped giving opioids to ppl via perscription. That's the real issue, in my eyes. US docs prescribe opiates for having the sniffles, so it seems. And then they're all like "wow, o shucks, how did we get so many heroin addicts? hmmmmmmmm" We don't have near that kind of a heroin problem here, because our doctors don't do that. Our doctors would go to jail if they did the shit they do in the US.
I'm a high earning person with chronic pain. Excelling at career and living my life.

You take my script away I'll turn into an unemployed animal bent on destruction of myself and society (and youre part of society).

...there are 30 millions Americans living with legitimate chronic pain. You're basically saying fuck us let em kill themselves?

We just had a mass shooting at a hospital where a man that had Spinal surgery was not given any opioids for his recovery and came back and shot his surgeon and a bunch of random ppl at the hospital. Tens of thousands of other chronic pain patients simply committed suicide after losing their script

Not my problem people make their own choice to kill themselves with medicine and i won't have my life destroyed over others poor choices.

I kinda hope you get striken with permanent pain that brings you to the point of putting a gun in your mouth or taking opioids...maybe then we can revisit the subject and see if youve changed your view.

The line of decriminalisation vs legalization is where fentanyl disappears. It doesn't disappear from simple decriminalisation. In no country where heroin or dilauded is legal for recreational addicts is it sold at the corner grocery store, it's given to registered addicts instead of methadone. This is the type of legalization needed to stop fentanyl deaths...I'm not suggesting it be sold at gas stations like cigarettes or alcohol that each kill 100x more people per year each

Last edited:
I'm a high earning person with chronic pain. Excelling at career and living my life.

You take my script away I'll turn into an unemployed animal bent on destruction of myself and society (and youre part of society).

Not my problem people make their own choice to kill themselves with medicine and i won't have my life destroyed over others poor choices.

I kinda hope you get striken with permanent pain that brings you to the point of putting a gun in your mouth or taking opioids...maybe then we can revisit the subject and see if youve changed your view.

The line of decriminalisation vs legalization is where fentanyl disappears. It doesn't disappear from simple decriminalisation. In no country where heroin or dilauded is legal for recreational addicts is it sold at the corner grocery store, it's given to registered addicts instead of methadone. This is the type of legalization needed to stop fentanyl deaths...I'm not suggesting it be sold at gas stations like cigarettes or alcohol that each kill 100x more people per year each
Chronic pain is different. We prescribe opiates for chronic pain, too.
I meant that in the US, opiates are or at least were too easily prescribed by a doctor in the first place.

Chronic pain is different. We prescribe opiates for chronic pain, too.
I meant that in the US, opiates are or at least were too easily prescribed by a doctor in the first place.
We either have opioids prescribed or we don't.

Nobody can read another person's mind to see if they really have serious pain so what's your plan to only get opipids to the people that needed it?....and there is no plan where it doesn't result in people that can't advocate well for themselves getting screwed, losing their script, and killing themselves or going on disability from pain.

We either have opioids or we don't. It's that simple.

People make their own choices in a free country. We can buy military grade weapons at 18 and a drug that kills 100x more people than opioids per year (alcohol or tobacco). These things kills tons of ppl, many innocent. People abusing these drugs should suffer consequences not innocent pain patients

We either have opioids prescribed or we don't.

Nobody can read another person's mind to see if they really have serious pain so what's your plan to only get opipids to the people that needed it?....and there is no plan where it doesn't result in people that can't advocate well for themselves getting screwed, losing their script, and killing themselves or going on disability from pain.

We either have opioids or we don't. It's that simple.

People make their own choices in a free country. We can buy military grade weapons at 18 and a drug that kills 100x more people than opioids per year (alcohol or tobacco). People abusing these drugs should suffer consequences not innocent pain patients
While the logic behind your assession would be spot on, if as many people used opiates as they did tobacco, the numbers would be very different.

But chronic pain can be measured, in a sense. If there is indication of what's causing the chronic pain, I don't see where telling the truth would even be a factor. I don't think there is any chronic pain patient here in Germany that's not getting what they need. In fact, since health care is mandatory here, I'd suggest percentage-wise there's more people in the States, whom their doctors do not believe than here, or who simply cannot afford it. If you cannot afford it, the government pays it for you here. We just do a quick EEG, EKG, MRI, etc., if it has to be a spinal fluid test and then you get your meds.

And exactly because of the risk of abusers I don't like the idea of legalisation. What you described earlier sounded to me like decriminalisation anyways. Giving doctors the ability to get addicts away from it properly, or if they are chronic pain patients, properly maintaining.

While the logic behind your assession would be spot on, if as many people used opiates as they did tobacco, the numbers would be very different.

But chronic pain can be measured, in a sense. If there is indication of what's causing the chronic pain, I don't see where telling the truth would even be a factor. I don't think there is any chronic pain patient here in Germany that's not getting what they need. In fact, since health care is mandatory here, I'd suggest percentage-wise there's more people in the States, whom their doctors do not believe than here, or who simply cannot afford it. If you cannot afford it, the government pays it for you here. We just do a quick EEG, EKG, MRI, etc., if it has to be a spinal fluid test and then you get your meds.

And exactly because of the risk of abusers I don't like the idea of legalisation. What you described earlier sounded to me like decriminalisation anyways. Giving doctors the ability to get addicts away from it properly, or if they are chronic pain patients, properly maintaining.
There are many diseases of extreme lain where no diagnostic test can prove it. I have one (but I actually have visible ulcers inside my body...but many with my disease don't have these and are still in pain).

Fibromyalgia is another popular disease with zero way to prove via diagnostics. It's the patents word basically.

Complex regional pain syndrome is one of the most painful diseases even euthanasia Is used for it. No way to prove someone has it.

Not everything is like a destroyed spine that can be proven via MRI or other tests.

What about those people?

Amd again in cases of acute pain opipids are being with held. A post spine surgical patient committed a mass shooting at his doctors office recently because ue was given zero pain meds after spine surgery

There are many diseases of extreme lain where no diagnostic test can prove it. I have one (but I actually have visible ulcers inside my body...but many with my disease don't have these and are still in pain).

Fibromyalgia is another popular disease with zero way to prove via diagnostics. It's the patents word basically.

Complex regional pain syndrome is one of the most painful diseases even euthanasia Is used for it. No way to prove someone has it.

Not everything is like a destroyed spine that can be proven via MRI or other tests.

What about those people?
Well I did say indicators, and there are indeed many indicators to point towards fibromyalgia
crps i had to google, not so familiar with the english abbreviations, that's morbus sudeck. I mean i guess there's the clinical diagnosis, is that a term in English?
The doctor looks at your symptoms. How is your body moving, what's your face doing? how is your pain tolerance? I mean I guess you could try to fake it, but you'd have to do well enough to fool a doctor, they studied this shit for more than 6 years
I don't know how it is in the US, but here I think people would just get the medicine after a clinical diagnosis.

also I'm thinking of a study I read about brain patterns of chronic pain patients using an eeg
and how different kinds of chronic pain show different kinds of patterns
i'll edit if i find it

but yes, if there was indeed no way to prove something, there are

Well I did say indicators, and there are indeed many indicators to point towards fibromyalgia
crps i had to google, not so familiar with the english abbreviations, that's morbus sudeck. I mean i guess there's the clinical diagnosis, is that a term in English?
The doctor looks at your symptoms. How is your body moving, what's your face doing? how is your pain tolerance? I mean I guess you could try to fake it, but you'd have to do well enough to fool a doctor, they studied this shit for more than 6 years
I don't know how it is in the US, but here I think people would just get the medicine after a clinical diagnosis.

also I'm thinking of a study I read about brain patterns of chronic pain patients using an eeg
and how different kinds of chronic pain show different kinds of patterns
i'll edit if i find it

but yes, if there was indeed no way to prove something, there are
I've heard of those brain scans that prove chronic pain. But it being a new technology insurance won't cover it for as long as they can fight (decades maybe) and it will cost tens of thousands of dollars to prove you have pain by such means in our healthcare system.

For those whose chronic pain has left them unable to work it's not feasible to pay that much.

Bottom line for me. If you're and adult and have been informed of the risks you should get opipids if you want them. We give heroin addicts all the methadone they want so they don't have to feel withdrawal pain...why can't a pain patient have methadone too if they saynthey want it?....Basically all they would have to do is become a heroin addict first.

Seems unfair addicts get their pain treated with a powerful opioid but pain patiemts are denied the same

I've heard of those brain scans that prove chronic pain. But it being a new technology insurance won't cover it for as long as they can fight (decades maybe) and it will cost tens of thousands of dollars to prove you have pain by such means in our healthcare system.

For those whose chronic pain has left them unable to work it's not feasible to pay that much.
tens of thousands? Jesus your medical system is so fucked up :unsure:
in fact i know of a neuroclinic in Munich where you could do it for 10€/day (that's not for the test, that's for the food and housing, because it's going to take some time to do all the tests and analyzing. I think 6 days for me til all the tests were done, so 60€. Not for chronic pain, but for my migraines. I didn't necessarily have to go i just was interested and they give you a CD with your brain on it :love: @ mri)

tens of thousands? Jesus your medical system is so fucked up :unsure:
in fact i know of a neuroclinic in Munich where you could do it for 10€/day (that's not for the test, that's for the food and housing, because it's going to take some time to do all the tests and analyzing. I think 6 days for me til all the tests were done, so 60€. Not for chronic pain, but for my migraines. I didn't necessarily have to go i just was interested and they give you a CD with your brain on it :love: @ mri)
It's normal for people to pay thousands of USD per month for an on patent prescription here (with insurance)

Ambulance rides are 5 to 10 thousand USD.

A bandaid or aspirin pill administered in a hospital is billed at around $100 to $250 USD

The level of corruption in thr medical system is nuts.

Up until a few years ago...if you were uninsured at any point in your life and had a "preexisting condition" is was legal for nobody to insure you and you will never recieve treatment from your disease since you caught it before buying you insurance plan....half of America supported this too since it was ended by a black president. They are so racist they wanted everyone including themselves to never get medical treatment for a disease they already had. Basically if your insurance was provided by your job....you get cancer, are fired, you will never get treated for cancer again because no new insurance company would take you on. Again...we are so racist that when a black man ended this 50% of Americans opposed it and still do despite having their lives saved because of the law he changed barring insurance from rejecting already sick ppl.

I will say it's a great system if you have money. If you're poor you die like a wounded animal suffering in the street pretty much

Last edited:
It's normal for people to pay thousands of USD per month for an on patent prescription here (with insurance)

Ambulance rides are 5 to 10 thousand USD.

A bandaid or aspirin pill administered in a hospital is billed at around $100 to $250 USD

The level of corruption in thr medical system is nuts.

Up until a few years ago...if you were uninsured at any point in your life and had a "preexisting condition" is was legal for nobody to insure you and you will never recieve treatment from your disease since you caught it before buying you insurance plan....half of America supported this too since it was ended by a black president. They are so racist they wanted everyone including themselves to never get medical treatment for a disease they already had. Basically if your insurance was provided by your job....you get cancer, are fired, you will never get treated for cancer again because no new insurance company would take you on. Again...we are so racist that when a black man ended this 50% of Americans opposed it and still do despite having their lives saved because of the law he changed barring insurance from rejecting already sick ppl.

I will say it's a great system if you have money. If you're poor you die like a wounded animal suffering in the street pretty much
5000 $ for an ambulance?! wanna know how expensive that is in Germany? 0€. Not insured? Impossible, state will pay your insurance if need be. Lol. even homeless people are insured here (and actually being homeless is a choice here. State will pay your rent etc if you dont work)
Omfg land of the free my ass. Not even free to get to the hospital after a heart attack

I gave a first aid course last year where i had 2 Americans living in EU. They were literally shocked that in Germany you are obliged to help and no they cannot sue you if you break their ribs doing cpr. Lol they were so baffled, no we dont sue people trying to save our lives 😅 even if something happens. You can have a patient die during cpr and you still did the right thing.

Well i don't have a positive opinion on american "freedom". I don't think the US is free at all, but the gov keeps pleading loudly that you are so i guess you gotta believe

Well, at this stage of the game, the least of San Francisco's problems were "criminalized mushrooms." The city has been in the process of imploding for decades, not that it isn't common knowledge. I have been there many times and it used to be one of my favorite places to visit, but I would not even bother going there now if someone paid for my ticket, sadly. But that's also true for many other Amerikan cities at this point.

These asshole politicians have ignored the homelessness problem for far too long, just like they ignore many other things. And it is all going to get far worse before it gets better.

Last edited:
5000 $ for an ambulance?! wanna know how expensive that is in Germany? 0€. Not insured? Impossible, state will pay your insurance if need be. Lol. even homeless people are insured here (and actually being homeless is a choice here. State will pay your rent etc if you dont work)
Omfg land of the free my ass. Not even free to get to the hospital after a heart attack

I gave a first aid course last year where i had 2 Americans living in EU. They were literally shocked that in Germany you are obliged to help and no they cannot sue you if you break their ribs doing cpr. Lol they were so baffled, no we dont sue people trying to save our lives 😅 even if something happens. You can have a patient die during cpr and you still did the right thing.

Well i don't have a positive opinion on american "freedom". I don't think the US is free at all, but the gov keeps pleading loudly that you are so i guess you gotta believe
Republicans think a highly a authoritarian government where everything non Christian is illegal but guns are legal means freedom. Having a gun is the onlynthing the freedom trope is based off of

.Speaking of suing people trying to help. The governor of the state of Maine who is an extreme evil hardcore Christian tried to pass a bill (not sure if it passed or not), that any medical professional or member of the public could by sued by an opioid overdose victim or by the state for administering narcan to the opioid victim.

Basically if an OD patient woke up but had brain damage from the overdose....the doctor that saved them with nalaxone could be sued for the brain damage.

Republicans think a highly a authoritarian government where everything non Christian is illegal but guns are legal means freedom. Having a gun is the onlynthing the freedom trope is based off of

.Speaking of suing people trying to help. The governor of the state of Maine who is an extreme evil hardcore Christian tried to pass a bill (not sure if it passed or not), that any medical professional or member of the public could by sued by an opioid overdose victim or by the state for administering narcan to the opioid victim.

Basically if an OD patient woke up but had brain damage from the overdose....the doctor that saved them with nalaxone could be sued for the brain damage.
That is so fucking sick. Here we have an obligation to help if you know cpr, which is obligatory for anyone with a driver's license

The US continues to baffle me.

That is so fucking sick. Here we have an obligation to help if you know cpr, which is obligatory for anyone with a driver's license

The US continues to baffle me.
We are at the brink of a civil war with Christian zealots that know their religion ends with the elders that are dying now. This is exactly what their religion teaches though and the lust for a final bloody battle to end the planet in fire and god will swoop down amd take them to heaven. We have people in high level military that beleieve this shit its terrifying

They are trying to do to America what happened to 1960s Iran vs. Iran today. Total religious rule and theocratic law.

We have bills being passed in certain states where it is legal to kill a mother or a doctor or a family member involved in helping someone get an abortion the same way it is legal to kill someone with self defense. I don't really understand how killing the mother helps since the baby also dies but they are also pushing for death sentences for women convicted of getting abortions.

Texas has a program where anyone in the public can get $10K for reporting an abortion and they are working on making it illegal to cross state lines foe abortions.

When these bastards turn their head to drugs it's going to be ugly

If these Christians get into power weed users will he rotting in jail cells for decades...private for profit jail cells.

Last edited:
so the silicon valley tech bros partaking in peyote circles won't catch a charge but the homeless fent addict still might ? seems like SF has their priorities out of order, if you ask me
No this is exactly the order for fake progressive jurisdictions that are every bit as right wing (or more so economically speaking) as Kentucky except masked with a rainbow and BLM flag...which makes them the good guys.

Newsome just vetoed save injection sites. CA is a sham progressive place.

Oregon is the real deal.

so the silicon valley tech bros partaking in peyote circles won't catch a charge but the homeless fent addict still might ? seems like SF has their priorities out of order, if you ask me
Yeah, but with all small amounts being misdemeanors in California I don’t think the cops are charging many users these days. Way too many drug users and not enough cops to make such low level charges a priority.