• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Sassafras (SAFROLE brew)

BiG StroOnZ

Bluelighter
After conducting some research, it appears it is a precursor to MDxx and much of the "molly" or said "MDMA powder" that is out there is actually synthesized from this.

Then doing a little more research resulted in discovering plenty of positive experiences with the bark and leaves off of Erowid.org (in tea form and smoked):

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Sassafras.shtml

From the data I collected elsewhere, it appears that Safrole is deemed carcinogenic. However, I'm wondering if this is mainly with the Essential Oil? Considering that there are plenty of websites that sell both the bark/root and the leaves, whilst recommending tea dosages. Even some say take daily, although of course only one to two teaspoons as apposed to 5-10 grams :D

I know it's going to take a decent amount of a concentrated brew to make the Tea worthwhile (like a light - moderate MDMA/MDA experience).

The question is how carcinogenic is the bark or leaves in humans? I mean is it really that much worse on the liver than one night of drinking ethyl-alcohol (Alcohol)?

Last edited:
^thank you, if anyone else cares to chime in from PD please do so.

Actually not really all that much info that helps answer my questions.

The ancient south Americans used it( the tea) for thousands of years.They had tribal governments where the members/elders of each tribe had to be 100 years old(dont know how true this is but I was told by a good source).They had very low rates of cancer in their societies and had an average life expectancy far greater than europe.DRINK THE TEA!... its just government properganda, fuck it wouldnt surprise me if the tea has anti-cancer properties.If you are unsure of freaquency ask a shaman or some kind of an elder. My mates mother said she drank it offter as a child before moving to Australia

Concentrating raw sassafrass still will not get you high. It takes chemical synthesis to derive the benifits from the essential oil's aromatic ring.
I think even attempting to drink the oil would be toxic.

Why does this keep coming back UTFSE!

^This isn't true according to the trip reports though.

Of course the Essential Oil would be toxic to drink, but then again why would Vitamin Shops be selling Sassafras liquid in a dropper as a Male Aphrodisiac :\

Last edited:
^This isn't true according to the trip reports though.

Of course the Essential Oil would be toxic to drink, but then again why would Vitamin Shops be selling Sassafras liquid in a dropper as a Male Aphrodisiac :\

Not saying that historically it hasn't been used for all kinds of medicinal purposes but I thought you were specifically looking for a mild MDA/MDMA experience. I really don't think there will be any activity and anecdotal evidence to the contrary is just that.

^One of the experiences reported using 1 lb of bark, making a brew. (10 g of it is like 3 dollars, but he had his from a fresh source)

The concoction resulted in a similar MDxx experience, as he described; worded just like that. This user claims he only had one cup of the tea, but drank it down all at once.

I was planning on making a large concentrated brew using both the leaves and bark. Then bottling it for storage and usage. Assuming that more, will make it closer and closer to an actual MDxx experience. Most of these people start off with a large amount of leaves or bark and then end up only having a cup of tea with it.

I would plan on having more than one :D

after looking, reading and listening to all sorts of info, sassafras has to be the type that contains safrole and plenty of it also, ie there are different species, the best apparently being the brazillian type highest in safrole apprx 80%. It is the safrole that is the main starter for the chemical mdma and 1 would say then the feeling also. Sassafras can also be artifical ie. saffrole free which then is legal. Sassafras is one of the essential (potent active elements) in the drink, ROOT BEER. I hear though that this drink has also been changed to include an artificial substitute for sassafras. In other words drinking it probably made you feel good (mdma feelings) and now guess what? It wont. Apparently it is also a speciality in homebrewed moonshine. Look for some and try it!

Nutmeg is supposed to only generate any type of mdma rush when you have large quantity of it but dont fancy snortuing it or anything else to be honest; a rule of thumb for the amount is something stupid like 10g for every 10lbs body weight so your looking at upto 200g of nutmeg like a nine bar of nutmeg. HOLY FUCK THAT!

nutmeg contains the same active compounds, and I've never read a trip report that compared it with MDMA.

Nutmeg (and mace) contain myristicin. Sassafras mainly contains safrole. Either way, the safrole doesn't have any -phen componenets, just the metheleny-dioxy part (very scientistic I am).

yes but that said there must be something real good from the sassafras ie to give it is following outside of the mdma synthesis like its use in the root beer and moonshine also the well being properties its given by people for many years , it also has aphrodisiac properties, maybe its a start to that horned up club feeling when all the babes start rockin,

...the brazillian type highest in safrole apprx 80%.

So Brazilian bark and leaves would be a good start.

...Either way, the safrole doesn't have any -phen componenets, just the metheleny-dioxy part (very scientistic I am).

Considering I'm making a brew, that would equate to MDxx. I'm wondering what I could substitute for the -phen part that comes naturally in a plant.

Perhaps adding Ephedra sinica and viridis in combination could work making it an "MDMAyahuasca" Although, this brew would end up being closer to MDE or MDA if anything, right?

Nutmeg is supposed to only generate any type of mdma rush when you have large quantity of it but dont fancy snortuing it or anything else to be honest; a rule of thumb for the amount is something stupid like 10g for every 10lbs body weight so your looking at upto 200g of nutmeg like a nine bar of nutmeg. HOLY FUCK THAT!

The rule is actually 1g per 10lbs of body weight. Please no one take 200g of nutmeg, you'd probably die.

the safrole is amber red in colour

you also have a spice named saffron ( similar name , maybe more??)
when you skip through the spices in a store most look mundane in colour or dark / dull but when you catch sight of saffron ( it kinda gleems and glows amber at you, looks like the kinda of colour that good things might start with. Looks nice to me anyhow.

i found this text on it also ; curiously entertaining;

In late Hellenistic Egypt, Cleopatra used saffron in her baths so that lovemaking would be more pleasurable

yes sorry if i got my quants all fucked up i was only trying to remember, if only that would happen to all the scores i went to! i would never be away!

seriously my apologies wasnt trying to fuck someone up! but im a grown up now and should have known better>>

respect

mind you thinking about that with the right ratio that still heading for like an oz of nutmeg! HOLY ALMOST FUCK THAT!

Considering I'm making a brew, that would equate to MDxx. I'm wondering what I could substitute for the -phen part that comes naturally in a plant.

Perhaps adding Ephedra sinica and viridis in combination could work making it an "MDMAyahuasca" Although, this brew would end up being closer to MDE or MDA if anything, right?

Hmm. I really dion't know enough about pharmacology to be honest...but perhaps using plain PEA or even dl-phenylalanine could create "something" in combo with safrole. Either way, you need something to methylate it.... Tread cautiously. I think our livers can create alpha-methly compounds, but I am ver vague as to how or why or if, even. Maybe post in ADD?

In late Hellenistic Egypt, Cleopatra used saffron in her baths so that lovemaking would be more pleasurable

Saffron isn't sassafrass or safrole though....It actually has anti-carcinogenic properties, unlike safrole.