• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Scary dreams from Roxicodone withdrawals

westbank23

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,so I been withdrawaling (coldturkey)off of Roxicodone 200mg +/- a day and I'm on day 7..I've never really been a dreamer and if I did have dreams I wake up not remembering..but for the pass 7 days I've been getting about an hour or 2 a sleep a night and I've been having some extremely violent and terrifying dreams and I wake up remembering them..shootings,killings, bad car accidents,robbing,getting sent to prison.i am scared and paranoid.

I have went threw withdrawals for the same habit a few times but never had dreams like this.

Would this subside and eventually go away?.as I mentioned I've went thru withdrawals a few times but never had bad dreams.

Yes this is pretty common. You had a decent size habit too. What I notice about opioid withdrawal is that each time you have it, new symptoms can emerge that you didn't notice before. This is because withdrawal tends to become more severe each time you go through it.

The dreams will end though. Good job getting off, cold turkey from 200mg/day of oxycodone isnt fun.

I know I’m tardy to answer but bad dreams are a sure sign that I am in withdrawal or my dose isn’t correct.

Hey everyone,so I been withdrawaling (coldturkey)off of Roxicodone 200mg +/- a day and I'm on day 7..I've never really been a dreamer and if I did have dreams I wake up not remembering..but for the pass 7 days I've been getting about an hour or 2 a sleep a night and I've been having some extremely violent and terrifying dreams and I wake up remembering them..shootings,killings, bad car accidents,robbing,getting sent to prison.i am scared and paranoid.

I have went threw withdrawals for the same habit a few times but never had dreams like this.

Would this subside and eventually go away?.as I mentioned I've went thru withdrawals a few times but never had bad dreams.
I hope you're doing well now <3 Nightmares are horrible things. I suffer with them very regularly (CPTSD), so while I am kinda used to them, sometimes they still really shake me, even for the whole day afterwards. I HATE the ones where I wake up crying, sweating, shaking, or the ones I can't get myself out of, even if I wake up then go back to sleep, sometimes I will fall back in to the nightmare. It hardly seems fair.

But THE WORST nightmares I have EVER had were from benzo withdrawals. Absolutely horrifying and traumatising.