• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Services and Advice for those who are Homeless in Australia

yep a feel ya abbey its not easy being a gummy shark but there are for sure worse things in the world.

my poor mum when she got them all removed it destroyed her.

she was so embarrassed to go outside and returning to work showed to me she was a true hero.

to think that we are so obsessed with image that we will drive people to mental health issues because of it.

yep a feel ya abbey its not easy being a gummy shark but there are for sure worse things in the world.

my poor mum when she got them all removed it destroyed her.

she was so embarrassed to go outside and returning to work showed to me she was a true hero.

to think that we are so obsessed with image that we will drive people to mental health issues because of it.

Well I know a guy who had them all pulled (in the chair) and replaced in the same week. Mum reckoned you have to wait months for the gums to heal, but you don't. I spoke to a woman a few months ago and she said yeah, you don't have to wait.

This guy with the falsies.. He was early 60s but I was dating him for a while because he was pretty hot for 20 years older. His teeth look great!!

I'm waiting to get $10K+ and having the lot pulled out and replaced with falsies (regular old-school not implants).

I've been through that much grief with my teeth (literally lost count of root canals) I'm done.

My uncle had this done when he was 21. Back in the 60s they were happy to do it. Now they try and save every goddamn tooth and for what?!

An emergency extraction costs $400 at a private dentist. Good luck getting into public (which USED TO give you vouchers to private if you had an emergency). Low income earners without concession can't even get in the door, I don't think.

$10K is possible for me. Until then they can rot 😎
If the fed government can pour billions into the NDIS, why can't they include dental in medicare? I would argue that it is just as or more important, lifted from an article by the abc:

"Poor oral health is also associated with several chronic diseases — including stroke and cardiovascular disease, oral cancers, diabetes and even lung conditions — and First Nations people, poorer Australians and those in regional and remote areas are most at risk."

Apart from the cost, I don't understand why either ALP or LNP haven't made this a key policy during an election thereby mandating it if elected.

me either dan its crazy.

I think its to do with dentists not wanting to charge normal rates as much as anything.

me either dan its crazy.

I think its to do with dentists not wanting to charge normal rates as much as anything.
Re the dentists bit, I can remember a mate of mine's father who was a dentist grizzling and moaning when the health funds opened their own dentist clinics offering no-gap services. So no doubt there would have been reluctance..

Whats crazier is I just saw a headline of an article in the smh and I guess the age where the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission chief estimates based on "intelligence" that up to 20% of the 30 odd billion in annual funding (growing to 60 billion by 2030) for the NDIS is fraudulent.

The NDIS being fuly funded, uncapped (wtf) and non-means tested (wtf) makes it ripe for fraud. I'll never agree with the non-means tested and uncapped bit. Fully funded for those that don't have the means makes sense to me. Millionaires (some of whom pay little or no tax through family trusts etc..) and the upper middle class qualify for full funding instead of none or partial funding doesn't sit well with me (diversion of funds away from those that need it the most) and that's putting it politely. Uncapped only opens it up for rorting from both sides of the fence (providers and customers) as well as organised crime and is financially irresponsible.

it's only a rort if you're not in on it, seriously, I should see what opportunities there are for me to become an NDIS provider.

To be fair, the NDIS does more for vulnerable people than anything else in this country. I'm an NDIS funded support worker with family and friends whom rely on this funding and see first hand how it helps so many people. In my field specifically, it keeps a LOT of people out of hospital, off the streets and in secure accommodation.

Sacred Heart are now doing dine in meals on weekdays and in a couple of weeks weekends as well.

the showers will be available in 2 weeks as well.

here is a shot of the menu for today and one of the dishes at sacred heart.

meal tasted very good and as always the people were wonderful.

I work at Sacred Heart Mission, it is a wonderful place and we do the best to make sure people who come for a meal are satisfied. If you are thinking about wanting to get into some accommodation, speak to our Pathways workers.

Onevoice run Mobile Showers.. Seems like they have this service operating in Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth & Brisbane. For locations and times see https://onevoice.org.au/mobile-showers/

Onevoice have or had a NSW Transport Bus converted that I used to see regularly on the way to the footy pre covid, looks like the NSW Govt in their wisdom may have pulled funding, if that is the case just more confirmation that they are bunch of twats. Guess electrifying the current fleet makes for better headlines. The NSW bureaucrats/ministers are too busy spending other peoples money to the tune of hundreds of millions on transitioning from "dirty" diesel buses to electric at ~200k per bus. Funding was initially going to be close to ~1.6 billion over seven years for 8000 of them but those plans have been shelved and "only" 1100 will be procured in the next 7 years, the original plan was probably shelved when they realised how much the charging infrastructure was going to cost and the variability in range depending on heating and cooling requirements as well as driver behaviour, not to mention how long charging would take. Wonder where that ~1.4 billion left over is being spent...

To be fair, the NDIS does more for vulnerable people than anything else in this country. I'm an NDIS funded support worker with family and friends whom rely on this funding and see first hand how it helps so many people. In my field specifically, it keeps a LOT of people out of hospital, off the streets and in secure accommodation.
Agreed with the right provide. The biggest issue currently is that anyone can become a provider (with the right credentials) and lots take advantage of the most vulnerable here. But, it’s definitely an improvement