• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Shadow People: Stories + Theories

I also remember when i was in my twenties and dating this one Girl who had a 3yr old girl, Some nights she (the 3yr old) would wake up screaming and crying from nightmares and we didn't know why. One night when this happened and she couldnt fall a sleep and seeing as (my girl at that time) needed her sleep for work, the one specific night her little girl freaked out again i offered to lay with her in her bed till she fell asleep and keep her safe. She fell asleep and so did i after a while and it was then that i woke up from something pushing me down in bed and i couldn't talk or say anything, this went on for only a few seconds but as soon as i could move i pict her girl up and quickly moved to our bedroom and slept with her between us for the rest of the night or early morning hours. I explained this to her the next morning and told her that this flat she is staying in is not on, something is wrong. She moved out end of the month to a knew place and it never happened again to her daughter or me for that matter, so even till today that haunts me in away as i just can't find any rational explanation.
It's very difficult to provide a comprehensive rational explanation for stuff related to the human psyche. There's probably multiple causes to that sort of stuff. Plus the human brain is pretty much the most complex organ/object in the known universe, it's hard to understand why people have certain experiences.
Children are very susceptible and they are constantly absorbing information. If the parent is stressed (or angry, or going through something) that can often have an impact on the child's mental state. The bond between parent and child is very powerful.

I obviously can't provide a true explaination but the behavior you described appears to be correlated with separation anxiety. Seems like moving to another house had a positive impact on the bond between the mother and her child and possibly on their sleep routine as well. Even simple stuff like being more aware of what the child is experiencing can make a big difference.
You might find this interesting: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17438080/

I don't want to derail this thread but do you guys think ouija board is real or a real way of communicating with these beings from another realm or space?
Personally, I think it’s definitely real. I imagine it can be used “unreally” like, not properly.

But that world, dimension is right there to be tapped into.

Spirits exist. Magic is real. Black magic is real. Ouija board is just one method of engaging in the Occult essentially. Connecting with entities residing in the 4th Dimension.

And this is not derailing at al, IMO, it’s right on topic.

I'm just going to answer this because I know the answer in not reading to see if someone beat me to it either, sorry but my feet hurt. Yes that's my excuse. Anyways when you quit drinking I'd your unlucky you'll see shadow people specifically. I've heard of this before, I've read about this before and I've been thru this. I never had alcohol withdrawal, then one day I got the shakes and I kept drinking because it was so terrible I had no choice but to keep drinking or I thought die. My parents took me to the hospital and in a unusual change of events they persribed me plenty of ativan which they gave to my mom to go through the withdrawal with out any more shadow people scaring me. It was very scary. Shadow people are twiddling. Also I've heard them referenced with coming down from meth but that's different because I've been through bolth and alcohol was a while different world then meth or oxy withdrawl. There also brought up with people trying to leave there body's when they dream, and I've seen them doing that too. No drugs just scary out of the body stuff with shadow purple but the most real the ones that sent me to the ER crying were from booze. Terrible. All you h addicts complain about im dying well your not. H isn't the worse thing out there. Not that you asked about h but in so mad at my sister and brother bolth doing fentyl I can't help but bring up what wussys they are compared to real stuff like benzos or alcohol withdrawl which can kill you. No offense to anyone else. I've just been through everything sadly. The only thing I've not tried is acid and I refuse to and no needle drugs except from the hospital, oh and I'm 1.3 years sober and I'm turning 37 in 2 weeks.

Personally, I think it’s definitely real. I imagine it can be used “unreally” like, not properly.

But that world, dimension is right there to be tapped into.

Spirits exist. Magic is real. Black magic is real. Ouija board is just one method of engaging in the Occult essentially. Connecting with entities residing in the 4th Dimension.

And this is not derailing at al, IMO, it’s right on topic.
People used to say that spirits or magic were responsible for every single thing that they didn't understand. If it didn't rain it was because the spirits were angry, if someone misteriously got sick it was because of a curse, women doing weird stuff were obviously witches, an epileptic child was possesed, etc...
It really doesn't get us anywhere. It's OK to say "I don't know".

Edit: oh and I'm pretty sure you don't need magic to explain the stuff that David Blaine does.

Edit 2: though it's a nice conversation topic and makes for interesting and/or spooky stories.

Last edited:
I don't want to derail this thread but do you guys think ouija board is real or a real way of communicating with these beings from another realm or space?
Take it from me do not fuck with a oujia board those things are very real
Iv had a couple of instances in my earlier teens where they worked
The board was on a stone slab on the ground with no one touching the glass and we spent three separate sessions talking to things on it and the last time we spoke to what claimed to be a demon
We were so freaked out we burnt the board and smashed the glass and buried the pieces
A lot of bad stuff happened to the five of us for a couple of years after that
Coincidence or not I cannot truly say but there is only me and one other left alive out of five very good friends

@AutoTripper one of the reasons i ask is because in my college days when you young and stupid and bored, you do all sort of crazy things and this was one of them. So one night me and 4 other friends decided to do this and not even with a real ouija board, just a paper on which we copied the board and a glass. Needless to say it worked and the glass was moving around. my one mate didn't take it serious and startd swearing at the entity or whatever it was and then it kept just moving to goodbye over and over. So we left it and carried on drinking and smoking further that night till we all eventually passed out. Later that night in the early morning hours i woke up to take a piss and noticed that the front door, security gate and front electric gate was all wide open and i know it was all closed as i was the one locking up. When i saw this i woke up everyone and asked who did this and obviously everyone denied doing it. Then a few days later my one mate, the one that was swearing at this entity or whatever, told us that weird shit was starting to happen at his house. That coming weekend he slept at my place and once again the same thing happened again. I woke up first with lights being on in the house when i knew i turned them off and then a few hrs later, i woke up again to all my doors of the front house being unlocked and open. I woke him up and told him to stop fucking with me and he swore it was not him. After all that i said his not allowed at my house anymore and also mentioned that if any of this is real he better find a way to get this gone. in the next few month to pass a lot of weird shit started happening to all of us but we just wrote it off. It eventually stopped and might i add that mate that caused all of this or that i think did, all of a sudden stopped coming to college and till today haven't seen or heard from him again. just plane weird. And also for interest sake, this entity that we spoke to called herself or himself Bella. I have googled bella connections with ouija board and have come out with nothing. So till today i still wonder about that too

Take it from me do not fuck with a oujia board those things are very real
Iv had a couple of instances in my earlier teens where they worked
The board was on a stone slab on the ground with no one touching the glass and we spent three separate sessions talking to things on it and the last time we spoke to what claimed to be a demon
We were so freaked out we burnt the board and smashed the glass and buried the pieces
A lot of bad stuff happened to the five of us for a couple of years after that
Coincidence or not I cannot truly say but there is only me and one other left alive out of five very good friends
I did a ritual with 5 friends and 3 of them are dead now. :'( its hard for me to believe that there was physical movement of the board, but I've had some unexplainable things happen to me as well, such as a candle being lit by a ghost (sober and hours onto a trail to a temple, alone)

People used to say that spirits or magic were responsible for every single thing that they didn't understand. If it didn't rain it was because the spirits were angry, if someone misteriously got sick it was because of a curse, a women doing weird stuff was obviously witches, an epileptic child was possesed, etc...
It really doesn't get us anywhere. It's OK to say "I don't know".

Edit: oh and I'm pretty sure you don't need magic to explain the stuff that David Blaine does.
I didn’t disagree with the logic and content of your above post regarding children and imaginations stemming from emotions surrounding.

But again you flatly deny the existence of a spiritual world. This is just incongruous to me.

I have performed some David Blaine Dynamo type “magic” myself, by tapping into our innate ability to access ESP and psychic projection powers.

But I learnt or heard from many different angles so long ago, how it is allegedly a very real thing how these dark secretive dazzling street and mentioned TV magicians, do actually use assistance from a 4th Dimensional entity.

And I cannot discard that there is almost surely in my mind a spiritual world.

What Dynamo does on many occasion, is simply inhuman! Inhuman! We don’t always have opportunity to use that term so validly and applicably.

I can accept that they can do much of the things we see, by really harnessing the power our minds possess, massively unrealised. Some staged illusions rigged up here and there too.

But the most part, it’s the djinn performing the magic. They work together.

And djinns do taunt people too. Whether other phenomena leading to the appearance and manifestation of shadow beings is purely based in our own psyche and imagination or not, I’m not disputing that, but the spirit world is real just as our mortal one is.

Just blind and invisible to us most of the time.

I've heard a few ouija board stories from people irl I would not label as being superstitious or anything otherwise... all with commonalities in their experiences. It's pretty weird. I probably wouldn't want to fuck around with one because it seems like it could be real and it's pretty dark shit..

I do have some beliefs in a spiritual nature about otherworldly entities. Had some really bizarre experiences myself. I won't say either direction I know for sure there's all this stuff out there but it's not outside possibility to me at all.

I've heard a few ouija board stories from people irl I would not label as being superstitious or anything otherwise... all with commonalities in their experiences. It's pretty weird. I probably wouldn't want to fuck around with one because it seems like it could be real and it's pretty dark shit..

I do have some beliefs in a spiritual nature about otherworldly entities. Had some really bizarre experiences myself. I won't say either direction I know for sure there's all this stuff out there but it's not outside possibility to me at all.
It makes no sense at all, Christian fear mongering IMO. Sure. It might not be a good idea to talk to meth demon voices, but using a board to contact some other realm couldn't be inherently bad.

Just to make one point, I don’t believe you are bumping this thread, technically.

You can only bump once a day maximum surely lol!

I mean, there’s a line to be drawn somewhere. Like 3 years, first poster can qualify as bumping.

But once they’ve opened the can, no more bumps are really valid that day at least, IMO.

I’d personally not feel like I was bumping a thread that hasn’t been inactive for at least a month.
Good point, i guess i should say i felt funny commenting on something originally posted or asked so long ago (vs like a few days.)

I didn’t disagree with the logic and content of your above post regarding children and imaginations stemming from emotions surrounding.

But again you flatly deny the existence of a spiritual world. This is just incongruous to me.

I have performed some David Blaine Dynamo type “magic” myself, by tapping into our innate ability to access ESP and psychic projection powers.

But I learnt or heard from many different angles so long ago, how it is allegedly a very real thing how these dark secretive dazzling street and mentioned TV magicians, do actually use assistance from a 4th Dimensional entity.

And I cannot discard that there is almost surely in my mind a spiritual world.

What Dynamo does on many occasion, is simply inhuman! Inhuman! We don’t always have opportunity to use that term so validly and applicably.

I can accept that they can do much of the things we see, by really harnessing the power our minds possess, massively unrealised. Some staged illusions rigged up here and there too.

But the most part, it’s the djinn performing the magic. They work together.

And djinns do taunt people too. Whether other phenomena leading to the appearance and manifestation of shadow beings is purely based in our own psyche and imagination or not, I’m not disputing that, but the spirit world is real just as our mortal one is.

Just blind and invisible to us most of the time.
I don't know if I deny the existence of the spiritual world, it would depend on what your definition is.
For example, many historical figures have a profound impact on the world we live in, their ideas are still very much alive despite the fact that the individuals have been dead for a long time. If the spiritual world is something like the collective consciousness (or unconsciousness) then yeah I think it's real, or at least it seems to be somewhat real.

But if it means there are literal fairies and magical creatures manipulating human beings or actively having an impact on what we consider to be the material world, then I find it very difficult to believe. I mean, I'm pretty sure those are mythological creatures. There're supposed to be kind of like methaphors or analogies, not to be taken 100% literally.
Hypothetically speaking anything could be true, but is there any actual evidence? I mean, how do you know it's Djinn and not a frog with red wings and 5 legs from the 42st dimension?

@AutoTripper Funny enough not even a month ago i started researching Solomons ring which was believably used to control djinns and give him some out of this world powers, how true or real this is no one knows, I will never know but just the idea of having a ring that you could actually conjure up djinns and control them is fascinating and scary AF at the same time.

It makes no sense at all, Christian fear mongering IMO. Sure. It might not be a good idea to talk to meth demon voices, but using a board to contact some other realm couldn't be inherently bad.
I have no association with Christianity. Gonna disregard the second comment. Inherently bad, no. If it's legitimate, does any given person, including someone like you who's really into this stuff, actually know how to handle the unknown from another realm? No. The problem with each of these stories, suggesting they were true, i the people involved had no fucking idea what they were getting into and what came through was extremely negative and out of their control.

Inherently dangerous * i think it would much more depend on your intentions, expectations, and what sort of being you are trying to contact. Even if they weren't Christians, they had probably heard stories of their own that effected their experience.

Or maybe jumanji got to their head

I don't know if I deny the existence of the spiritual world, it would depend on what your definition is.
For example, many historical figures have a profound impact on the world we live in, their ideas are still very much alive despite the fact that the individuals have been dead for a long time. If the spiritual world is something like the collective consciousness (or unconsciousness) then yeah I think it's real, or at least it seems to be somewhat real.

But if it means there are literal fairies and magical creatures manipulating human beings or actively having an impact on what we consider to be the material world, then I find it very difficult to believe. I mean, I'm pretty sure those are mythological creatures. There're supposed to be kind of like methaphors or analogies, not to be taken 100% literally.
Hypothetically speaking anything could be true, but is there any actual evidence? I mean, how do you know it's Djinn and not a frog with red wings and 5 legs from the 42st dimension?
As someone who's been manipulated by faeries, I beg to differ. I'm also someone who believes mostly in the psychological model of magic, but some things have happened that I can't explain otherwise, I don't give them power though and still insist that they weren't real

Probably. Your interpretation of your experiences are definitely coloured by those things where you're coming from and then what you make of them. I'm not sure what Christianity has to do with this.

Probably. Your interpretation of your experiences are definitely coloured by those things where you're coming from and then what you make of them. I'm not sure what Christianity has to do with this.
Their the dominant culture in much of the world, forced their way with crusades, and completely forbid any experimentation in the occult or participation in anything but their boiled down, empty rituals. This has the effect of any old traditions dying out and new ones being stigmatized with fear, still to this day. Pretty sure they are responsible for the ouija board phenomenon, even if people have had some real bad experiences with them, the fear that crept into their mind is most likely responsible for its manifestation

Their the dominant culture in much of the world, forced their way with crusades, and completely forbid any experimentation in the occult or participation in anything but their boiled down, empty rituals. This has the effect of any old traditions dying out and new ones being stigmatized with fear, still to this day. Pretty sure they are responsible for the ouija board phenomenon, even if people have had some real bad experiences with them, the fear that crept into their mind is most likely responsible for its manifestation
Ouija boards are rooted in spiritualism. Of course Christianity is a big thing and they have an opinion against something like ouija boards, and in the western world a predominiantly christian foundation has effected peoples views. It's everywhere. But at the same time I don't know the majority of people I know personally to be Christian whatsoever because it's not as dominant as it used to be. Not even close is my impression. I've met people with a lot of different beliefs and a ton who are agnostic or athiest.

Good point, i guess i should say i felt funny commenting on something originally posted or asked so long ago (vs like a few days.)
Yeah I wasn’t al at trying to be patronising or belittling or make example. Although I was actually. Not out of yourself. Just the principle of bump by definition.

I’ve a philosophical mind and I like to muse and ponder on exact meaning.

So I was as usual, thinking aloud, sounding for any board, examining my own logical thoughts on it.

I’m glad you took my meaning in the pure spirit it was intended and can assure my witts be agreeing in some sense.