• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

⫸STICKY⫷ Six Simple Rules... To MDMA

Hello,

MDMA users typically pre-load with serotonin agonists (drugs that increase serotonin levels), such as 5htp (Allott & Redman, 2006). This reduces the negative short term effects of the drug as well as aiding in recovery time and improving comedown symptoms like depression. Cannabis has also been shown to reduce the negative side effects of MDMA and it has even been shown to protect rats from MDMA overdoses. If you want to protect yourself from long-term MDMA damage take 5htp pre and post-loadings and a low dose of smoked or eaten cannabis.

Allott, K., & Redman, J. (2006). Patterns of use and harm reduction practices of ecstasy users in Australia. Drug and alcohol dependence, 82(2), 168-176.

Jerome I. "Is THC Neuroprotective Against MDMA Toxicity?". Erowid Extracts. Nov 2010;19:7-9. Online edition: Erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_article5.shtm

Actually people dont' "preload" with serotonin agonists but with serotonin precursors and antioxydants and electrolytes.

2CBee

I've read this entire thread and I still can't figure out how much I should take. I'm female 5'2" and weigh 100lbs so is a gram too much or not enough. The more I read the more confused I got about what dosage I should start out with. So if anyone could help me figure it out I would appreciate any input or advice. The one thing I will do is buy the testing kit. Thanks

I've read this entire thread and I still can't figure out how much I should take. I'm female 5'2" and weigh 100lbs so is a gram too much or not enough. The more I read the more confused I got about what dosage I should start out with. So if anyone could help me figure it out I would appreciate any input or advice. The one thing I will do is buy the testing kit. Thanks
youve read the whole thread and you think you need a gram? lol....... .1 for someone of your stature and experience

Well thanks for the reply even though it was a bit snarky. I was legitimately asking for help and advice and that's your response? Nice thanks

Yes as a matter of fact I did read the entire thread and as I stated I was getting confused with the different responses so I thought I would just come right out and ask. I may not do that again. I don't appreciate being laughed at for a serious question. I will go elsewhere and ask around I didn't ask the question to be laughed at it was just rude.

^ Where else are you going to go? There are douchebags everywhere. To write off the most popular drug forum on the web because of one off comment is pretty silly...

Finding a dosage for such a well known chemical is easy, as well... the Erowid dosage tables are a great place to start.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_dose.shtml

UnknownSky

Yes as a matter of fact I did read the entire thread and as I stated I was getting confused with the different responses so I thought I would just come right out and ask. I may not do that again. I don't appreciate being laughed at for a serious question. I will go elsewhere and ask around I didn't ask the question to be laughed at it was just rude. Maybe one day you will need some help from someone and Karma is a bitch. I really don't understand you laughing at me but whatever glad you thought it was funny because I certainly didn't

No, you don't need a gram. Not even near a gram. Consider taking 100mg if it's your first time.

This thread is VERY informative, and with my own experiences, it is 100% accurate! Thanks for making this into a sticky, everyone needs to read this!

Great post and great information. I'll definitely be using this thread as a go to for quick information especially when informing friends who are new to rolling.

Ditto. Great, informative, concise (relatively) sticky.

Good shit; wish I'd have known about all this when I was a teenager, haha. I have one question regarding the ssri comment. I take amitriptyline, a tricyclic antidepressant, at low doses (30mg) each night for insomnia. Is it generally safe to do mdma once in a while ~24 hrs after taking my medication? Also, can I take the amitriptyline after I come down to sleep. I've rolled a few times since I began this regimen (since my doc said ami didn't even exert antidepressant effects at my dosage) but have always laid off the amitriptyline the night of the mdma and taken a benzodiazepine for sleep. But I'd rather not take benzos at all anymore and just use my prescribed med to sleep.

yes fluids are very important i dont think i ever went shopping on mdma but i would probably buy all the drinks in the store

Great post! I still have some concerns about the use of MDMA with prescribed medicines by the doctor. Is that ok if I ask here? I am sorry if it's not. A friend of mine is takin drugs for high blood pressure (we understand the risks involved between the condition and the recreational drug use), but we are not sure if there is any risks or interactions between Losartan, hidrocloritiazide, amlodipine and MDMA. This drugs are not beta-blockers. I find impossible to find any information, could any one help,please? Thanks.

I'm no doctor so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Well, apart from the fact that MDMA is messing with blood pressure being a stimulant, I don't think it's wise to take it.
On the other hand - based on wikipedia pages of said medications - there is no significant interaction, even though Losartan, Amlodipine and MDMA are metabolized through cytochrome P450.
MDMA causes vasoconstriction which is working against the Amlodipine's vasodilation effect but I have no idea how would that play out regarding blood pressure.
If you decide to go ahead, I suggest to roll at home first while monitoring the blood pressure until peaking and never hesitate to call the ambulance should something go wrong!

I wish I would have known about all of this the first time I tried MDMA. I didn't have a bad time... but for my first time it was a tad bit too much (I don't know how much exactly). I "forgot" to tell my friend it was my first time so they figured I could handle it without a problem. It hit me like a truck out of nowhere and since I didn't know what it felt like at all I almost started to panic. Fortunately, my friend was able to keep me (mostly) calm and it didn't take too long to mellow out to a nice, sweet roll. I had a great time after the "weird phase" passed... Learned my lesson real quick! I'm happy all of this info is here. Will definitely help in the future, THANKS!

Just wondering why there wasn't any mention about alcohol? I thought this was one of the biggest no nos when taking mdma?

Just wondering why there wasn't any mention about alcohol? I thought this was one of the biggest no nos when taking mdma?

While it's certainly not 'advised' it's definitely not a big no no. Loads of people drink alcohol and take MDMA safely and successfully. I am one of those people. Should definitely be noted that drinking large amounts with large amounts of MD can blank the whole night (experienced it personally). But it's not overly dangerous.