• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking through metal?

S-Dog

Bluelighter
I have an idea for an interesting little bong I'd like to build but I'm not a glass worker. I have a glass container to use as the body and would use a normal glass bowl but I would need to use a metal rod to go from the bowl into the water and as a mouth piece. I was considering copper because it's easy to work. Is this a bad idea?

Copper is a BAD idea. I once made a pipe out of copper plumbing fittings and a water nozzle turned upside down as the bowl. I took one hit and immediately stepped out my back door and puked. I asked a friend about it later and he laughed and said No, don't ever smoke out of copper. Hindsight....

as jerry said, absolutely not
Try and find something that is Stainless steel and try not to cut yourself in the process.

Gotta use a food safe material that's stable at higher temps.

Easy method is to use silicon & a mold, all you need is a 3D printer and some silicon.

Last edited:
I am afraid to say that it won’t be a wise decision to use copper. The tar and nicotine that are released by the tobacco will not be removed by the copper. They cannot smoke safely through copper. copper is a bad choice for a tobacco pipe. It's the most heat-conducting metal.