Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Soft White Underbelly

Yeah ,watched it too. There are many good ones. The gangs. The inbreds. The one with the mexican gangster...damn.
If the story is true he shouldnt have been charged with manslaughter, that was well justified.

Last edited:
yeah man he has some gems there

also ''Invisible People'' -- homeless focused channel.

I know nothing about the topic, so sorry for the off topic comment, just wanted to say how cursed of a phrase "soft white underbelly" is and it makes me fairly uncomfortable

I know nothing about the topic, so sorry for the off topic comment, just wanted to say how cursed of a phrase "soft white underbelly" is and it makes me fairly uncomfortable
It’s a series of interviews with people from subsets of society , sometimes extreme. Addicts, dealers, gang members, homeless, LGBT and well beyond. I think given the content it would make many people uncomfortable. However when you watch you undeniably see the humanity in us all. Sure the inbreads that can only bark are kinda disturbing.. still the devision we perceive is not as large as the similarity.

Many interviews show that mostly it is Trauma that’s the Gateway to drug use. It has helped me see other perspectives of the Human Condition and how some people come into this World without a chance in hell.

I just found the channel a couple weeks ago. The follow-up video of the inbred family with the 60 something year old that couldn't talk, and only barked, was pretty good. Eventually it became obvious that he could understand what was said to him but couldn't respond with words. All but one had the same left eye malfunction too.

youtube always recommend this channel, so i watch it like everyday. awesome channel. the pimp interviews are my favorite

pimp sharp lol got popular off swu. now if you watch "no jumper" i try not to honestly, but he is on there talking shit.

Agreed.
Don't know the exact context - only that of what everyone else does but that situation & the 'VR Rehab person' - disgusts me tbh. No empathy, apart from ignorantly, fishing for optics, for their company - seems ridiculously, irresponsible in their interview.

Re. the channel: Documenting skid-row dwellers to make your earnings off, under the guise of 'sociall justice' and being a 'professional, Fotografer', is beyond pathetic. He's documented nothing of the people who give meaningful support or, done follow up - at best, a deluded artist; at worst a parasite of the most vulnerable. Imho

That poor girl; odds were against her & then incompetent greedy fucks, came in to her life.😰

Last edited:
Agreed.
Don't know the exact context - only that of what everyone else does but that situation & the 'VR Rehab person' - disgusts me tbh. No empathy, apart from ignorantly, fishing for optics, for their company - seems ridiculously, irresponsible in their interview.

Re. the channel: Documenting skid-row dwellers to make your earnings off, under the guise of 'sociall justice' and being a 'professional, Fotografer', is beyond pathetic. He's documented nothing of the people who give meaningful support or, done follow up - at best, a deluded artist; at worst a parasite of the most vulnerable. Imho

That poor girl; odds were against her & then incompetent greedy fucks, came in to her life.😰
Interesting perspective. Very much valid points. I was looking only at the glass half-full and considering nothing else.

I've seen the soft white underbelly documentaries being suggested on YouTube a lot. Tbh I feel like the people being interviewed are really trying to take the opportunity as a chance to finally be heard. But just not sure that those filming it have their best interest in mind. I could be wrong tho as I have not gave it enough attention to be sure. These people are vulnerable. They are desperate for some understanding in a world full of people that are always gonna deny them any. Exploiting them becomes profitable for true predators.

If you wanna see the most savage devastation done by drugs and addiction go to Pennsylvania and take a walk down Kennsington street..

Here's a great YouTube documentary series....Morals Over Money....
Listen to these two ladies....
Doesn't get any more real then this

Mark gives an extremely 1 dimensional portrayal of addiction.

Just the total failure homeless or insane person is what a square watching his channel would think every drug user is. He ignores all the people like doctors, engineers and lawyers etc. White collar addicts that keep it together but are still suffering a lot. Of course these are ppl that would never expose themselves publicly on ther channel.

He had one supposed engineer crack addict for the city of LA.

I can't think of many companies that wouldn't fire someone for speaking their minds on SWU....yet the HR has all this wellness week seminars on addiction and mental health but if you admit either your bosses will make up reasons to fire you a year or two later

Yeah it's definitely drawn from a particular lumpen class of society, or at least that's the impression I've gotten watching it. Like you said, it's easier to profile such people rather than some ordinary well-to-do professionals or something. I think that it serves to humanize those who may otherwise be demonized or overlooked, so that's good anyway imo