• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Some Basic Testing Questions

SimplyTrinity

Bluelighter
I’ve been an on and off user of 10/325 percs for last 15 years, for extruded discs in lower back. Have used them recreationally occasionally in that span. Always acquired via prescriptions.

Has been tougher to get said pills through prescriptions now, which has impacted both pain management and ability to do them occasionally for recreation. Was considering exploring getting pills through alternate methods, but wanted to understand a lot more about harm reduction and testing philosophies before I do.

I’m also a little nervous that the recreational use will go significantly up if I remove the barrier to acquire the pills but I guess that’s a whole separate discussion.

Please excuse how basic some questions are. I looked for a 101 thread on this but was only able to gather pieces of info from various more specific threads. Feel free to point me to any threads you think would be helpful.

1) Is there a preferred fentanyl test strip brand? I assume they’re cheap so don’t care about cost and would prefer to have it shipped rather than walk into a clinic or needle exchange. Just want the most trusted brand.

2) I mostly only hear people talking about fentanyl. Should I be testing for any other drugs or contaminants?

3) Trying to grasp testing in general. Is the idea that you are testing a portion of each pill and then extrapolating about the safety of the rest of the pill? Or testing one entire pill and then extrapolating about the safety of all the other ones? Or is the philosophy that not a speck goes into your body unless it has been tested?

4) Any reason to ever test pills acquired from a pharmacy or are these always safe?

5) Any good videos on YouTube or elsewhere that people would recommend to learn more about testing and actually see a demonstration on it? Again, I can do a general search but wanted to see if there are any go-tos that people would recommend.

You can crush up the entire pill put into water and mix...test the solution. Then you will be testing the whole pill not just a corner of it that may lack a fent cluster (hotspot).

Bunk police sells.fent strips.

I would test for meth also. Many fake pills are fent + meth. George Floyd had fake percs with this mix which included meth.

Also fuck America's approach to pain management that you referenced. At this point I think America's approach is to purposely flood America with fent and kill everyone that is a Healthcare burden that would require pain drugs

You can crush up the entire pill put into water and mix...test the solution. Then you will be testing the whole pill not just a corner of it that may lack a fent cluster (hotspot).

Bunk police sells.fent strips.

I would test for meth also. Many fake pills are fent + meth. George Floyd had fake percs with this mix which included meth.

Also fuck America's approach to pain management that you referenced. At this point I think America's approach is to purposely flood America with fent and kill everyone that is a Healthcare burden that would require pain drugs
Makes sense, so in that case I’m just scaling up the amounts to maintain the required ratio to test. And then drinking the liquid.

Are there different test strips for different drugs? Like is there a separate meth test strip too?

Now that I’ve been researching it, it makes me more and more scared to not even try this because a) chance of false negative (seems highly unlikely), b) chance that a fentanyl analog that the strip is not tested for is present (more likely), or c) another dangerous novel synthetic opioid is present. Unless I’m being overly paranoid.

And yes, the pain management approach in the US is illogical and shameful.

Makes sense, so in that case I’m just scaling up the amounts to maintain the required ratio to test. And then drinking the liquid.

Are there different test strips for different drugs? Like is there a separate meth test strip too?

Now that I’ve been researching it, it makes me more and more scared to not even try this because a) chance of false negative (seems highly unlikely), b) chance that a fentanyl analog that the strip is not tested for is present (more likely), or c) another dangerous novel synthetic opioid is present. Unless I’m being overly paranoid.

And yes, the pain management approach in the US is illogical and shameful.
Fent analogues will set it off...but the other novel opioids there is no cheap test. You would have to send to a.lab for lcms.

Meth is tested for using reagent drops...so it's a different test. I wanna say marquis is the name of one of them.