• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Some Ideas To Using Nitrous Safely

This nitrous feels has lingered a bit. I’m still somewhat spacey and dissociated even after just a couple puffs. Actually took a deep nap which is common for mean and NMDA antagonists. Does anyone else feel it linger this long? Maybe this is how the build up to transcendental experiences occurs, the euphoria fades quick but the trippy dissociation hangs around much longer.

-GC

Like many dissociatives, the effects of nitrous linger long after the leave the blood stream:

Yet simultaneously, the effect is also very transient. I once consumed a box of 50 cartridges over the course of around 2 hours, and immediately went to a work related meeting, and felt mostly normal.

From what I have seen is 60 PSI in a 1 liter vessel (what you get from a cart) is a good puff but I usually do a couple smaller ones.
Our rig is really fast and easy since it is about as complicated as using a single shot bolt action rifle.
V3.0 will have a magazine so you just pump the handle to get a new cart. The ultimate goal would be an auto feeder that uses a linear actuator to load the cartridge based on the pressure in the vessel dropping to 10 PSI or so.
I am just not sure we can be trusted with it. We can burn through 600 in 5 or 6 hours.
OTOH I could slow down an auto feeder.
I was doing some science here and put a timer on V1.0. It seems one cart every 90 seconds can keep your buzz going and oxygen can extend that. We go faster free loading.
from%20top.jpg

When I was running the 20 pound tank rig I settled on 10PSI for the optimum hose hit using 3/8" hoses. Then you need a valve. Mine were electric solenoid valves put a cheap air gun like you use on shop air would work. Push the button, take a hit. Get the lever type for a few extra bucks and you will like the ergonomics better. Put a hose on the output side. Easier on your teeth and you don't need your hand in your face if it is a couple feet of hose.

There is a hybrid rig you can make with a tank. Find a way to attach a "T" fitting to the tank valve. Run a hose off one side of the T and fasten a balloon to the other side. Play with the valve so you are taking gas out of the balloon through the hose as fast as it goes in over the time it takes to fill the balloon. (Just pinch it off to fill the baloon or bite the hose if you have your own). It is sort of an auto filling balloon rig. I did it with medical nitrous, not the oily food grade. You still want a real filter, if it is only an auto fuel filter. Use big hose between the tank and T and pack it with oil absorber you can probably bum a cup full from a garage. It is unscented clay kittly litter but god only knows what that scent is. Get the pure clay (cheap) stuff like you get at the auto parts store. A beer can full is a lifetime supply for what we do..

I think there's some confusion over terminology - the whipped cream dispensers are these things:

Cream-Despenser.png

which you screw the little 8g canisters/cartridges or 'whippet's into. No need for crackers or balloons

As for safety, for a light user you're probably OK, however I no longer think N20 is as 'relatively safe' as I had previously believed. The stories about both neurological damage and potential lung/breathing problems I think are real, and are obviously long term/potentially permanent health issues, although there are apparently ways to minimise those risks. No drug is risk-free of course

Whilst i do agree no drug is risk free i think people drastically underestimate just how damaging these can be.
i did significantly more damage using nitrous in a few months than i did with years of pretty much everything else.

Much like drunken recall, someone else mentioned in this thread something about accessing memories made whilst on nitrous.

I stumbled across some seriously fucked up childhood memories of being dosed by abusive adults along and then went through thousands of cannisters in a short period in an attempt to clarify these memories.
I developed a taste for this stuff before i hit double digits in age then forgot it existed for a decade or two before recalling numerous repressed memories linked to using no2
off i went continously diving back in hoping to get some clarity on these memories and binged them for months straight

In the process i managed to almost lobotomize myself, particularly around the front left hemisphere. I literally felt neurons burn out to the point that i was unable to produce any seretonin or dopamine for a significant period afterwards..
the wires got crossed so much that laughter actually caused me physical pain in my head.
it's possible i caused a minor aneurysm, or several, as well as what was likely a seizure, jaw locked muscles tensed and i could not move or open my eyes for a period of time during which my brain felt like an electrical storm

At one point i could feel what seemed like bleeding across my frontal lobe. I felt neurotransmitters explode and melt on the inside of my skull

paty of my respitory system collapsed, almost like what happens to deep divers who ascend too quickly
brain zaps for months afterwards
the inside corner of my eyes where the eyeballs absorb oxygen also collapsed.
There were stages that my body and subconscious were basically trying to warn me just how much damage i was doing
at one point the audio distortion flange type hallucination ceased and another auditory hallucination (or bring depending on your spiritual view) said "if you take this next hit you wont be able to smoke weed anymore"
being a daily smoker at the time i didnt heed the warning, which turned out to be correct. Any time i smoked after that caused pain in my frontal lobe where i must have burnt out some receptors.
Despite all this i persisted in attempting to clarify the memories though in the long run i may well have distorted them further.
i felt veins collapse and parts of my central nervous system burn out
One lung may have collapsed or i put a hole in it
for anyone familiar with dmt beings etc, i felt like doing this left my physical body open to attack from much lower level beings than those i had ever encountered previously on psychedellics.

In the space of a few months i lost a relationship, an apartment and quit my job all while chasing these memories.
To this day i still have doubts regarding just how much of all this was even solely my idea, losts of paranoia at the time regarding mk ultra and various other mind control experiments.
The building i was living in had air tight foor seals on the fron door of every flat but mine, the oven had a gas leak and for a few months the apartment was just full of NO2.

Moral of the story is i dont think these can be done safely, and i am sure they have been used in human experimentation around building false memories, splitting personalities and creating alters ala mk ultra and project monarch or whatever variation continues to this day.
Stumbling around outside one day during this time a strange lady opened her hand and blew a cloud of something in my face as we crossed paths, i was convinced it was scopolamine and that it was an attempt to increase my suggestibility at the time.

I used to love weed so much and they ruined that for me, along with everything else i mentioned.
Feels like i shrunk my vocabulary by a massive amount as well as my ability to properly articulate myself
i have trouble thinking conceptually and making any sort of plan these days

there is more to the story but the point of this post was meant to be these are much more dangerous than numerous other illicit substances, both to the physical self and any kind of psychedillic learning

TL;DR
stay the fuck away from nitrous oxide imo

After switching from balloons to inhaling directly from whip cream thingy I figured out O₂ deprivation takes part in causing some of most profound effects as inhaling “fresh” and slightly compressed nos is another story to doing balloons cuz of reasons. I also get meter to confirm lack of O₂ is big part of high. If it wasn’t reality would tear apart at dentists.

Diving also produces profound effects via combo of N increase, CO₂ increase and O₂ decrease...so...

I would speculate real HR with nos is doing I.M. B12 as you’ll pass out long before O₂ lack becomes problematic

Do you ever experience a phenomenon whereby you store memories within the nitrous oxide experience that can only be accessed with more nitrous oxide? Even a decade after being a heavy nitrous user I can still access some of those memories, or more so messages, when I've had enough nitrous. It's very bizarre.

Nitrous oxide is one of my favorite drugs in some regards, but it took a toll on me. Not on my nerves (or myelin sheaths) but my lungs. I feel like my lungs feel off for a while after going through a bunch of it these days. Even if filtered.

I had a similar experience, see previous post
recalling glimpses of memories that my brain likely suppressed as a subconscious defense mechanism

I also had something similar on lsd though that felt like accessing part of my personality rather than specific memories

along with the damage i mentioned before i think i almost destroyed my pineal gland. I cant visualise very well anymore, dreams are much less surreal and lacking in imagination and my lungs definitely feel different even now years later.
The problem with it being so short lasting meant i kept redosing over and over trying to access said memories and then trying to articulate them whilst dealing with the shock caused by some of them

Well whether I like it or not, I won't be able to do any N20 again due to the UK's new criminalisation of it. Just today I discharged and threw away all my unused cartridges and dismantled and threw away my dispensers.... 😐

That's that.

Well whether I like it or not, I won't be able to do any N20 again due to the UK's new criminalisation of it. Just today I discharged and threw away all my unused cartridges and dismantled and threw away my dispensers.... 😐

That's that.

Is it illegal that quickly? And by discharge do you mean just gassing them out to dispose of them without inhaling?

-GC

Is it illegal that quickly? And by discharge do you mean just gassing them out to dispose of them without inhaling?

-GC

not yet but soon. Yes I gassed them out because I figure what's the point in having one last session when I'll never be able to get them again?

From my brief reading so far the only quoted time I’ve seen is takes 4mins of air cutoff for brain damage to occur. But when we look at that report we also see the writer claims to have tried holding his breath for 30secs with not much change.

I do know people that puff it like it’s nothing and don’t seem too bad off. Many of the smaller festivals it’s prevalent cuz you can casually hit it wherever you go. Even saw the nitrous mafia again after many years of no sightings this last summer.

I’ll definitely report back once I give this a try as I’m curious how the pure oxygen alters the experience in any way..

-GC
is the nitrous mafia a real thing and did they real freeze a person face for taking there business.... im serious as a former woke I really wanna know if the myth and legends are true

Maybe you want to be screwing with your lady and not a cracker.
Bazzing!!! hahaha. Gary I think you even put out a set of instructions on how to build one of these contraptions.

I had not used any N2O in years. Got 50. Did 25. Now they sit. But I imagine if a person is a very light user, a few blasts a year, that emptying a cartridge in a whip cream dispenser (with cotton, I know Gary has a better way) then into a balloon is fairly safe and oil free?

I only like nitrous on top of a psychedelic. Even then it turns it into a restricted one way street. Then once the gas is gone the trip is just about done, burnt out. But wow it can be interesting a few times.

Bazzing!!! hahaha. Gary I think you even put out a set of instructions on how to build one of these contraptions.

I had not used any N2O in years. Got 50. Did 25. Now they sit. But I imagine if a person is a very light user, a few blasts a year, that emptying a cartridge in a whip cream dispenser (with cotton, I know Gary has a better way) then into a balloon is fairly safe and oil free?

I only like nitrous on top of a psychedelic. Even then it turns it into a restricted one way street. Then once the gas is gone the trip is just about done, burnt out. But wow it can be interesting a few times.

100% on that last paragraph. It’s why I never use it until the session is almost over, it at all... DMT can be like that too.

-GC

I really would like to get back to my 20# tank but nobody will fill it these days.

I got 5 of those 650g tanks left you can get online. Gonna strap it to my back in a small hiking backpack then have the hose come out attached to a whip cream dispenser so I can walk around handing out hits.

The beauty of this is no sound. Only the light sound of taking a hit. Less chance of getting caught :)

-GC