• Current Events, Politics
    & Science

Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • CEPS Moderators: Deru | mal3volent | birdup
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Tech South Korea trials robots in preschools to prepare children for high-tech future

dalpat077

Bluelighter
"The 25cm-tall robots that sing, dance and do kung-fu used as teaching aids in 300 childcare centres across Seoul"

Meanwhile in Russia students are offered a "Life Safety Skills" course! 🇷🇺

"Even it ruins my nails...". You will not hear that statement made in this context too often! :ROFLMAO:

0.o_LaCuNa_o.0

Moderator: P&S
Staff member
Taken from the Korean robot article:
"The Alpha Mini has been adopted as part of a daily schedule for the class of four- to five-year-old students at Maru, with its ability to “fart” on command being a highlight during playtime."

ROFL. I wonder why they programmed the robot to fart. I can imagine Korean kids spamming the fart ability on the robot to no end, whilst laughing their little butts off 🙂

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Taken from the Korean robot article:
"The Alpha Mini has been adopted as part of a daily schedule for the class of four- to five-year-old students at Maru, with its ability to “fart” on command being a highlight during playtime."

ROFL. I wonder why they programmed the robot to fart. I can imagine Korean kids spamming the fart ability on the robot to no end, whilst laughing their little butts off 🙂
Yeah. I heard about this on local news radio today. So decided to look it up and post about it. The news reader could hardy contain herself while reading about the farting!

I've looked for a video on these things but couldn't find one. Best I could find were a bunch of robots dancing and moving to "Gangnam Style".

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Oh here you go. An article with video (no farting though).

Appears as though it's not an original idea in South Korea (the below from 2014).

"Despite being one of the most developed economies in Asia, it seems that South Korea is not above a bit of toilet humor."

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS, CD
Staff member
It’s interesting to read about the culture in South Korea.. from what I have read it’s so competitive. And they are going for it. Wondering if this will lead to a high quality of life or a super burn out culture.