Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Star Trek: Picard

How Many Stars Would YOU Give This Show?

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CFC

Bluelight Crew
Is anyone else watching this? What do you think?

I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. It's got some pretty fab elements and some great links into Star Trek cannon and lore, but I also found the first episode a little slow. Too soon for me to give any deeper opinion on it yet though.

Is anyone else watching this? What do you think?

I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. It's got some pretty fab elements and some great links into Star Trek cannon and lore, but I also found the first episode a little slow. Too soon for me to give any deeper opinion on it yet though.
All Star Trek episodes are 'slow' to a degree. Most people think DS9 was boring but to me it was the deepest, most interesting ST series.

Looking forward to watching Picard but once again here in the US, like Discovery, it's only available via CBS streaming. Fuck that. I'ma get a VPN, say I live in the UK, and watch it with my Netflix account. Bastards...

On a side note, my macho brother in law didn't know Patrick Stewart was gay till him and Ian M. got married LAWL him and I both like DS9 the best. Actually I quite love the guy, we go shooting together, both of us are Trekkies. We'd probably be friends even if I never married his sister.

Reactions: CFC
All Star Trek episodes are 'slow' to a degree. Most people think DS9 was boring but to me it was the deepest, most interesting ST series.

Looking forward to watching Picard but once again here in the US, like Discovery, it's only available via CBS streaming. Fuck that. I'ma get a VPN, say I live in the UK, and watch it with my Netflix account. Bastards...

On a side note, my macho brother in law didn't know Patrick Stewart was gay till him and Ian M. got married LAWL him and I both like DS9 the best.
Ian McKellan performed the ceremony at Stewart’s third? marriage to a woman. The scuttlebutt is that Stewart isn’t gay.

Lol yeah Patrick is very much a straight dude and likes his ladies, so I read ;).... But he's very supportive of the gays.

i watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. i'll catch up with it again soon.

alasdair

I've watched the first two episodes - I love the high end production values compared to previous trek series and the continuity with many early themes from other shows.

Unfortunately, Star Trek Picard is on Amazon Prime outside the US and Canada. Discovery is still Netflix. Frankly it would be a damn site easier if CBS would launch in the UK as this current arrangement means we have to pay for multiple streaming services to watch the same family of series.

Perhaps it's just more noticeable now, due to the polarity of perspectives that exist and are discussed, are felt, but it is definitely following in the footsteps of Discovery in "educating" and sometimes shaming people on social issues. There is a scene in this that's definitely a reflection on peoples views on immigration, and refugees, something Picard said: Something about how people have let "fear and intolerance" win, in regard to them. As if what has been happening socially in the real world has ever happened on this scale, with no end in sight, before. I love being lectured by TV shows! As well, the story about Romulan refugees...Romulans had TONS of space. Even a star going supernova...They seemed to have a galactic empire, and probably wouldn't need the help of others. I saw something about this, and how it just seemed like a cheap way to set up a plot. But I don't know. Maybe a supernova effects a lot more. I know it does...But that also takes A LOT of time to have the effect. Most stars are many many many many many light-years away, from others, a supernova even if it effects that far, would take years and years and years and many many more years for the shockwave/whatever to reach other star systems.

I still watch them, because I'm curious. But I am definitely much less concerned about television, and these new shows, now. Much of the time I just want to unsubscribe to all of the media, to stop funneling money to people who just want to lecture or beat some social thing into the audience. Star Trek always dealt with social issues, but they were much more relatable, and well-done. This is trying to be Star Trek. Third Episode and I feel I would have seen a lot more watching Enterprise, or any other show. They're not even out to space yet. Not really. Not a lot has really been accomplished. At all.

Also the world just seems to have not progressed at all, in many ways. Still have media that somehow depends on viewers the same as it does now. The interview with Picard was "juicy", and that's what the reporter wanted. One would think that predatory practices as such that distort perspective, that the media does now so that they can appeal to markets, would end, in a world where money wasn't needed anymore... Earlier Star Treks showed as pretty well civilized by this year that they take place. At least that was the perspective I got. Advanced. Things about this world just don't make sense to me. I do believe they wanted it to reflect what's going on in the modern world. Not sufficiently escapist enough for me.

Much more waiting on The Orville, season 3.

I don't agree with everything this guy says, but he reviews shows with humor. Some things he's definitely too hard on, or perhaps I just don't agree with. But I still found his video to be relevant in some ways.

There's also concern over the "F-Bombs" (Fuck) that are in Discovery and now Picard.

I watched TNG and others growing up. TOS was on 20 years before I was born. Perhaps now they think they can't appeal to younger audiences, so they just assume everyone who is watching them is mature? I'm sure many people affectionate of Star Trek would've preferred them not trying to be so "cool", displaying this nasty word, instead so that they might feel comfortable watching the show with their children. That's another thing about Star Trek, that seemingly always was before now- You could watch it with all audiences, all ages. I certainly wouldn't care to have some random F-bomb be heard by my child (I also don't want the first kiss they see in the show, like Discovery, being between a black man and a white man, that went on for way way too long, and so far as I have seen that show, as I'm just starting it due to having CBS Access for Picard, well, now I remember a non-gay kiss, but the length of that one...stands out; but I guess we live in a time of drag-queen story hour, so...). Fuck could have just been left out of Star Trek. Even the recent movies, one of them said "are you out of your Vul-kin' mind?!", which was a good way to play with it, eluding to the expression/word in humor. Ah. Humor! That's one thing that's missing. TNG seemed to have it. So did others. At least some light-heartedness. At least some not taking itself so seriously, all the time..?

Part of me really wants to like this entertainment, but part of me hates it. I did however like how in the first episode Data is seen painting, in the vineyard, and then asks Picard to finish the painting as the face in the image is blank, and then Picard goes to an archive and finds a file number 227.67, which shows this completed painting... showing the face. It touched me closely, because I had associated this number, 227 with a face/mask, and something I've been challenged to think is "synthetic", like the owner of the face is. So it's like an angel asked me to take a look. Not many if any will understand this, though. But I want to like it. I still want to derive good things from it. I just tend to fall on the side that would rather not the world of refugees pile on in, potentially impending on my freedom, and choices- I'd prefer keep my own house in order. This show, due to its writers and their predispositions, what they require to live here, themselves being "alien" in foreign lands in many senses, their views will now be reflected through this. And anything other than "welcome refugees" and the far left will not be acceptable (completely political, slant). I want to like it. Not sure if I can. Not sure I wouldn't care if it completely flopped and didn't get another season. It's something else wearing a skin-suit of something long-ago dead.

Last edited:
I just wanted to say that Star Trek has always been about questioning modern values/views. That’s the whole point of the sci-fi genre but Star Trek probably does it best.

First interracial kiss on television was during an original series episode.

lol

It was, no. I enjoyed the first couple of eps, somewhat, but it was disappointing overall.

Finally got around to watching Season 3 of Picard last week. I'm glad I stuck with it! It's dramatically different to the first two series, which is kinda how they said Picard was always going to be, but dayum. It's the closest thing I've seen in years to the kind of Star Trek they used to produce before Enterprise got cancelled in 2004. They even reverted to using famous Trek music from First Contact and TNG

^ nice. i loved the first two seasons - i think season 2 was the stronger of the two - and i can't wait to get to season 3.

it's on deck for me and i'll get into it when i finish my current travel binge.

alasdair

Honestly, I'd say Picard season 3 is more like a 10 hour self-contained action movie lol. There are two main 'baddies' in it, but the revelation for me is Vadic (Amanda Plummer); she plays the role so well, it's a pleasure to watch her scenes, really well acted.

i have 3 episodes left in s03 - this 3rd season has been outstanding.

alasdair

• Fire
Really want to start this but I’ll hate myself for stopping mid way and not getting the chance to pick it back up till a while later.

I will watch it though, can’t wait.