• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social Strains that make food taste better? 🍤🥭🧆

hellspawn1

Bluelighter
What would be a great strain choice for improving your sense of taste? 🧁

I'm not talking about appetite as in "munchies" but rather flavor enhancement to make foods pop!

The mental and bodily experience varies a lot between strains and so does the effects when it comes to boosting taste,
so I was wondering if you have noticed and if you know any strains in particular that delivers in this department.

I assume the cannabinoid profile matters, but which ones are involved in taste bud synergy? 😛

Interesting that you ask this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synsepalum_dulcificum is something known as the miracle berry (and other names). You eat it, tastes kinda like a sweet tart candy amd then for 20-30 minutes food tastes....different. You might be able to drink vinegar as if it were koolaid and mustard would taaste candyish?

There’s a few other plants and berries that can do this. Sometime if I take a really strong vape hit (a good piney kush) and then take a sip or bite of something taste will be different but only for a second or two. I just assumed that this was localized concentration of terpenes at/near taste areas on the tongue (hence fleeting if they evaporate rapidly - but just enough to give your sense of taste a wtf?).

There’s a THC sparkling tonic water sold in Canada where they specifically use added terpenes for flavour. One with lemon essence/added limonene really perked me up around 10 pm. The myrcene one made me feel quite pukey (and whoah the taste was intense like drinking purified chinese 5 spice powder -did not like).

I’ve never encountered a cannabis strain that enhances everything.

Tom

I notice taste enhancement develops 30 minutes up to 2 hours after vaping, I wouldn't say that food tastes differently as much as it just tastes "more",
or possibly that I notice a much wider flavor spectrum while still being the same taste it's "supposed" to be. 🚬

Psychedelics are known for flavor phenomena and synesthesia, and of course CB have some psychedelic traits to it as well. But on LSD or mushrooms anything
you eat, even when it's good, tends to taste very strange and unlike what it normally does.

There something about the cannabinoids that just causes flavor fireworks in the most trivial of dishes or food items. 🥕

There was some cracked pepper strain of weed i smoked awhile ago. Smelled exactly like pepper, hit pretty good too.
It might pair well with mac n cheese and other foods that have pepper.

I find that a low to moderate dose of a sativa-leaning hybrid tends to accentuate my sense of taste!
I'm more of an indica smoker, usually, and indica strains let me power through alarming amounts of food in an orgasmic fugue state.
But sativa leaning hybrids help me notice complexities and depth in food that I would normally gloss over, and the more interesting experience translates to the food seeming tastier.

That's what I love about cannabis in general most of all
It's ability to make the familiar seem novel, and the novel transcendental
Second only to tryptamines and phenethylamines, in my opinion (I KNOW I KNOW STOP THE PRESSES, WHAT A FRESH TAKE 🙄)

I've also been mostly indica-oriented myself, but I'll have to explore the sativa's a bit more for the topic purpose from now on. I just gotta find a mild:ish strain with some actual cbd content that is not a gazillion percent thc. I wanna appreciate food, not get abducted by aliens. 👽

There was some cracked pepper strain of weed i smoked awhile ago. Smelled exactly like pepper, hit pretty good too.
It might pair well with mac n cheese and other foods that have pepper.

A Pepper strain? That actually sounds tasty. Are you sure you weren't high asf already and smoked actual pepper? "Yo dawg, what strain is this?" "-Jalapeño dude, feel the buzz" 🌶

I think that might be the terpene myrcene, which is found in both pepper and cannabis. I think there are some people claiming myrcene can reduce cannabis side effects from smoking too much or something. ah here: https://www.chicagotribune.com/mari...0190729-yxtja2apsbhzvnzk6dilimhbka-story.html

I've definitely smelled some... peppery weed before, too. Never thought about it, though.

Last edited:
A Pepper strain? That actually sounds tasty. Are you sure you weren't high asf already and smoked actual pepper? "Yo dawg, what strain is this?" "-Jalapeño dude, feel the buzz" 🌶
I think that might be the terpene myrcene, which is found in both pepper and cannabis. I think there are some people claiming myrcene can reduce cannabis side effects from smoking too much or something. ah here: https://www.chicagotribune.com/mari...0190729-yxtja2apsbhzvnzk6dilimhbka-story.html

I've definitely smelled some... peppery weed before, too. Never thought about it, though.
It was a pepper strain of weed that I had bought at a recreational weed store. It smelled, and tasted straight up like pepper. Was really good though. It gave me the munchies no doubt. I think I ate some Wendy's after I smoked.
Maybe look up 'pepper weed strains in Seattle, WA'? Thats where I was at.. Not sure if you can narrow it down, but hey worth a try because it was worth it ::)