Support Don't Punish

Bluelight.org joins with many organisations around the world on June 26 for Support Don't Punish day.

SDP is a global advocacy campaign calling for drug policies based on health and human rights. It is time to leave behind harmful politics, ideology and prejudice. It is time to prioritise the health and welfare of people who use drugs, and their families and communities. Please visit www.supportdontpunish.org to show your support.

Banderole-1-scaled.jpg

Don't punish pain is also a great cause. Fighting for innocent crippled victims of this savage drug war.

What I fail to see is collaboration between the chronic pain community and the rest of the drug using community victimized by our laws. Many chronic pain patients are uninformed amd have this blame towards drug addicts as the reason they no longer have medical treatment....but a very large segment of pain patiemts are starting to realize that the enemy is the DEA and policy..not recreational drug addicts. I fail to seek collaboration between these two victimized groups.

And it's at pain patients expense because they are a much smaller subset of the victims vs the general addict population. I would love to see some collaboration on this fight. The end goal is the same of both groups - to end this society destroying drug war

Last edited:
I see that misdirected anger as well.

Pain patients think it's the addicts fault.
Many people like myself have used opioids over half my life now because they're the only thing that's helped my severe depression without all the horrendous side effects of traditional psychiatric medicine. Depression & pain are also interlinked. Many people like myself have to deal with wide spread aching that comes from my depression & often gets labeled as "chronic fatigue" and "fibromyalgia". And so what if I get feelings of "well-being" or "contentedness" from opioids???? Why has the medical community demonized these "side effects", when these side effects are useful at helping so many with depression & anxiety, insomnia, etc.. It's my brain & if I want to feel at peace with it every day, I should have that right & the ability to without worrying I'll go down for it.

The "maintenance" opioids suck for anything other than keeping people hooked IMO. Especially buprenorphine. They might have their uses, but they don't offer the same positive effects once you're tolerant & have so much built up in your system. Might as well let people use the opioid drug of their choice or at least offer some more options & less restrictions.

I can go to a regular doctor & get prescribed endless fentanyl patches (if you're lucky anyway) but if I wanna get on methadone, you have to jump through 50 hoops & show up for your dose every single day. This is ass backwards.

Not everyone who uses drugs is an uneducated fool either. Some how we've painted this picture that full grown adults are too stupid to be able to use opioids (although not too stupid to consume copious amounts of alcohol & then be trusted not to drive, apparently) or make their own choices.

The drug war should have been the original "my body, my choice". Once they can tell you that you can't take something that helps your pain (whether it's physical or psychic pain or both), then you've lost control over your own bodily autonomy already.

Many people like myself have used opioids over half my life now because they're the only thing that's helped my severe depression without all the horrendous side effects of traditional psychiatric medicine. Depression & pain are also interlinked. Many people like myself have to deal with wide spread aching that comes from my depression & often gets labeled as "chronic fatigue" and "fibromyalgia". And so what if I get feelings of "well-being" or "contentedness" from opioids???? Why has the medical community demonized these "side effects", when these side effects are useful at helping so many with depression & anxiety, insomnia, etc.. It's my brain & if I want to feel at peace with it every day, I should have that right & the ability to without worrying I'll go down for it.

The "maintenance" opioids suck for anything other than keeping people hooked IMO. Especially buprenorphine. They might have their uses, but they don't offer the same positive effects once you're tolerant & have so much built up in your system. Might as well let people use the opioid drug of their choice or at least offer some more options & less restrictions.

I can go to a regular doctor & get prescribed endless fentanyl patches (if you're lucky anyway) but if I wanna get on methadone, you have to jump through 50 hoops & show up for your dose every single day. This is ass backwards.

Not everyone who uses drugs is an uneducated fool either. Some how we've painted this picture that full grown adults are too stupid to be able to use opioids (although not too stupid to consume copious amounts of alcohol & then be trusted not to drive, apparently) or make their own choices.

The drug war should have been the original "my body, my choice". Once they can tell you that you can't take something that helps your pain (whether it's physical or psychic pain or both), then you've lost control over your own bodily autonomy already.
I feel like you've got a few things backwards....these are just my opinions and experienced so I'm not saying you're wrong...my experience in life just doesn't align with yours.

Nobody is getting opioid prescriptions for pain even with catastrophic permanent chronic pain. So you can't get fent patches easily as you suggest.

On the other hand getting unlimited massive doses of methadone or suboxone for 'withdrawl pain" is extremely easy compared to having regular chronic pain medicated with opioids.

Also methadone is pretty fantastic for physical pain. It's doesnt offer much pleasure or euphoria but the analgesic effects are on par with most opioids used for moderate pain. Many pain management doctors prescribed it for chronic pain even before the opioid crackdown by the government.

I feel like you've got a few things backwards....these are just my opinions and experienced so I'm not saying you're wrong...my experience in life just doesn't align with yours

Nobody is getting opioid prescriptions for pain even with catastrophic permanent chronic pain. So you can't get fent patches or even norco so easily as you say

Other other hand getting unlimited methadone or suboxone for 'withdrawl pain" is extremely easy compared to having physical disease caused pain medicated with opioids.

Also methadone is pretty fantastic for physical pain. It's doesnt offer much pleasure or euphoria but the analgesic effects are on par with most opioids used for moderate pain. When you're both an addict and a pain patient and you take methadone for pain you feel like you're missing something because the euphoria is so minimal...but if I'm honest with myself, the analgesic effects is there, it's sufficient for most pain except severe pain, and it lasts a long time which I like about it too.

I feel like you've got a few things backwards....these are just my opinions and experienced so I'm not saying you're wrong...my experience in life just doesn't align with yours

Nobody is getting opioid prescriptions for pain even with catastrophic permanent chronic pain. So you can't get fent patches or even norco so easily as you say

Other other hand getting unlimited methadone or suboxone for 'withdrawl pain" is extremely easy compared to having physical disease caused pain medicated with opioids.

Also methadone is pretty fantastic for physical pain. It's doesnt offer much pleasure or euphoria but the analgesic effects are on par with most opioids used for moderate pain. When you're both an addict and a pain patient and you take methadone for pain you feel like you're missing something because the euphoria is so minimal...but if I'm honest with myself, the analgesic effects is there, it's sufficient for most pain except severe pain, and it lasts a long time which I like about it too.
This is why I said (if you're lucky) in parenthesis.

I still know people who get 120 10mg norco a month. My mom use to still tramadol up until she died.
I know of a few other people who had to get on subs after getting off legit fentanyl prescriptions.

Either way, that was not my point.

Definitely please let me know where you're able to pick up unlimited methadone! lol Cause I would definitely love to go there.
I don't know of anywhere that doesn't make you take your dose in front of them for months/years before they "trust you". Not to mention countless piss tests in order to get it. Yet some one on more euphoric opioids does not need to "dose in front of some one", nor are they subject to piss tests every time they need to dose. AND they're able to take their prescriptions at home. This was my point. Whether or not it's "easy" to get pain pills NOW is irrelevant. When it was WAS, this was still the routine.

This is why I said (if you're lucky) in parenthesis.

I still know people who get 120 10mg norco a month. My mom use to still tramadol up until she died.
I know of a few other people who had to get on subs after getting off legit fentanyl prescriptions.

Either way, that was not my point.

Definitely please let me know where you're able to pick up unlimited methadone! lol Cause I would definitely love to go there.
I don't know of anywhere that doesn't make you take your dose in front of them for months/years before they "trust you". Not to mention countless piss tests in order to get it. Yet some one on more euphoric opioids does not need to "dose in front of some one", nor are they subject to piss tests every time they need to dose. AND they're able to take their prescriptions at home. This was my point. Whether or not it's "easy" to get pain pills NOW is irrelevant. When it was WAS, this was still the routine.
Any methadone clinic will ramp you up to a dose as high as you want over time (up to 200 mg±)...so i guess it's not unlimited. Of you.use no other drugs and it's a bougiouse clinic you'll get take homes after a while.

Most chronic pain patients would kill for 5 mg methadone per day

When I went to sub clinics I would get one month take homes that would easily last for 6 months to a year. Again pain patients get like 1 mg per day rather than 24 mg per day like sub clinics give.

Any methadone clinic will ramp you up to a dose as high as you want over time (up to 200 mg±)...so i guess it's not unlimited. Of you.use no other drugs and it's a bougiouse clinic you'll get take homes after a while.

Most chronic pain patients would kill for 5 mg methadone per day

When I went to sub clinics I would get one month take homes that would easily last for 6 months to a year. Again pain patients get like 1 mg per day rather than 24 mg per day like sub clinics give.
Good points. I think there's many discrepancies when it comes to how opioids are given out to people.

I know a few people who deal with chronic pain & doctors will give them nothing but antidepressants & antipsychotics. It ticks me off & I feel terrible for them.

Prescribing pain meds as to most post-soviet countries prescribed painkillers was easy only to cancer patient.And relatively easy access to codeine phosph.tabl.even tramadol is relatively new for treatment of moderate pain.in.U.S. is totally different story

Good points. I think there's many discrepancies when it comes to how opioids are given out to people.

I know a few people who deal with chronic pain & doctors will give them nothing but antidepressants & antipsychotics. It ticks me off & I feel terrible for them.
Well the good news is they can just become heroin addicts then doctors will give them mountains of opioids.

Really fair system.

I'm already trying to think of what probably south American country I can escape to after my doctor dies so that I can still have opioids for pain without being classed as an addict (even though i am one also...but that shouldn't matter and it's my business not theirs).

Sad that I might have to leave my own country, career, and family to maintain a quality of life with freedom.

There is countries in not well develope societies,wherw you can find more eqlasily painkillers.....EvenbBurroughs go to Mexico,Morocco ..etc:)

Last edited:
Bluelight.org joins with many organisations around the world on June 26 for Support Don't Punish day.

SDP is a global advocacy campaign calling for drug policies based on health and human rights. It is time to leave behind harmful politics, ideology and prejudice. It is time to prioritise the health and welfare of people who use drugs, and their families and communities. Please visit www.supportdontpunish.org to show your support.

Banderole-1-scaled.jpg
Respectfully, to what degree of legality is your group recommending? Even if drugs were legal, they can still destroy lives. For instance, should fentanyl be perfectly legal and then the people who pay taxes be made to just supply emergency services ad nauseam? Or is the group recommending that we should be able to grow any and all narcotic plants for our own use, and keep drugs that are chemically created to concentrate the potency kept illegal? Please respond to this inquiry.

Don't punish pain is also a great cause. Fighting for innocent crippled victims of this savage drug war.

What I fail to see is collaboration between the chronic pain community and the rest of the drug using community victimized by our laws. Many chronic pain patients are uninformed amd have this blame towards drug addicts as the reason they no longer have medical treatment....but a very large segment of pain patiemts are starting to realize that the enemy is the DEA and policy..not recreational drug addicts. I fail to seek collaboration between these two victimized groups.

And it's at pain patients expense because they are a much smaller subset of the victims vs the general addict population. I would love to see some collaboration on this fight. The end goal is the same of both groups - to end this society destroying drug war

Well postulated point! 👍

Please clarify…you get prescribed opioid medication for depression? In what state or country do you reside?

Yea, that’s some bullshit right there. I’m now hesitant to lay down for a surgery because they far under treat post-op pain. I started using a different hand doctor for my Dupuytren’s Contractures surgeries because he totally stopped providing narcotic pain relief totally.

Yea, that’s some bullshit right there. I’m now hesitant to lay down for a surgery because they far under treat post-op pain. I started using a different hand doctor for my Dupuytren’s Contractures surgeries because he totally stopped providing narcotic pain relief totally.
Oh yeah if you have surgery and no doctor otherbthan the surgeon that gives you opioids...surgeons give nothing so stock up on your own illegal opioids before any surgery...that's just common practice nowdays

Oh yeah if you have surgery and no doctor otherbthan the surgeon that gives you opioids...surgeons give nothing so stock up on your own illegal opioids before any surgery...that's just common practice nowdays
I don’t/won’t use street opiates or opioids. I never have even seen heroin. I simply won’t do that.

I don’t/won’t use street opiates or opioids. I never have even seen heroin. I simply won’t do that.
There are ways to access pharma opioids illegally but they are pretty sophisticated and very exoensive So I won't go into becauze its against the forum rules.

And if you have no experience with street opioids you'll likely die from fentanyl because people dont understand its power.

All I know is that a guy very recently literally went into a hospital and did a mass shooting killed his surgeon and abunch of random ppl with a gun becauze he was in sever pain after spine surgery and they would not give him anything at all.....that is what it has come to in America.

I guarantee if this is a serious surgery and you have no other doctor you are tight with you will be begging for a gun to end it or heroin at some point in the recovery

I had an ultra painful spine surgery and recovery and I remember smoking heroin and drinking a 5th per.day to keep from suicide the pain was so bad.

After two weeks I finally found a doctor to prescribe someone that had just had major spine surgery some fentsnyl and he basically saved my life by doing so.

Don't day I didn't warn you I guess. No easy solution especially if you don't know your way around the black market. Perhaps plan to fly directly to Mexico or south america or something for the recovery after where they still have civil right with regard to pain and sell opioids to people.

Or fake a heroin addiction and go into a methadone clinic.

Once you're in that much pain you'll be suffering too much to come up with a plan

There are ways to access pharma opioids illegally but they are pretty sophisticated and very exoensive So I won't go into becauze its against the forum rules.

And if you have no experience with street opioids you'll likely die from fentanyl because people dont understand its power.

All I know is that a guy very recently literally went into a hospital and did a mass shooting killed his surgeon and abunch of random ppl with a gun becauze he was in sever pain after spine surgery and they would not give him anything at all.....that is what it has come to in America.

I guarantee if this is a serious surgery and you have no other doctor you are tight with you will be begging for a gun to end it or heroin at some point in the recovery

I had an ultra painful spine surgery and recovery and I remember smoking heroin and drinking a 5th per.day to keep from suicide the pain was so bad.

After two weeks I finally found a doctor to prescribe someone that had just had major spine surgery some fentsnyl and he basically saved my life by doing so.

Don't day I didn't warn you I guess. No easy solution especially if you don't know your way around the black market. Perhaps plan to fly directly to Mexico or south america or something for the recovery after where they still have civil right with regard to pain and sell opioids to people.

Or fake a heroin addiction and go into a methadone clinic.

Once you're in that much pain you'll be suffering too much to come up with a plan
I’ve been in that kind of pain before. I’m 50 and I’ve been dealing with lower back problems since 97-98. I’ve had two surgeries. I know exactly what you are talking about. I hate what has become of the way pain gets treated in this country. I’ve suggested to a state representative that they create a certified pain sufferer program that will let these doctors know that a person has a certified problem. Just an idea I had one day while contemplating the aforementioned pain predicament. I’ve heard that folks can legally buy real poppy seeds in this country as a food item. I don’t know it for sure but perhaps you could look into that. I think the website is called houseofnod . com. There’s also a daily trip to the ER that’s an option. Whatever you do, I hope you stay clear away from the unregulated street stuff. Peace…

I’ve been in that kind of pain before. I’m 50 and I’ve been dealing with lower back problems since 97-98. I’ve had two surgeries. I know exactly what you are talking about. I hate what has become of the way pain gets treated in this country. I’ve suggested to a state representative that they create a certified pain sufferer program that will let these doctors know that a person has a certified problem. Just an idea I had one day while contemplating the aforementioned pain predicament. I’ve heard that folks can legally buy real poppy seeds in this country as a food item. I don’t know it for sure but perhaps you could look into that. I think the website is called houseofnod . com. There’s also a daily trip to the ER that’s an option. Whatever you do, I hope you stay clear away from the unregulated street stuff. Peace…
The ERs give nothing. 5 mg of oxy thaydoes nothing for hundreds to thousands in co-pays. Being crying for hours. Checked myself AMA and went on got the relief where I knew I could get it.

I wouldn't go to an ER again unless I was bleeding to death or Ina Carr accident....even the. I'd probably bring my own.

Poppy pods sold now days I've heard are engineered to contain low morphine etc. Content