• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Taking acid? Do's and don'ts. Fun activities?

moonyham

Bluelighter
Just thought I'd ask here if there is anything you would share that you feel makes a trip better?

For example I've heard doing a decent amount of exercise the day before the trip can make it stronger or just generally better.

Doing nos is an obvious one.

Sex and feeling up another body is pretty amazing.

In recent months I saw for the first time 'off the air' by adult swim which is amazing content while tripping.

Are there any suggested supplements?

Anyone got activities, games or other random things they think are neat to do while tripping?

Recently me and my gf started staying at interesting airbnbs and tripping. Last one we went to had a epic nature walk thing and table tennis and pool. Was a pretty fun experience. I find tripping in new places to be a bit of a buzz.

Recently me and my gf started staying at interesting airbnbs and tripping.
I had an extremely pleasant trip with a few friends at an airbnb that was like a mueseum. Every drawer had hidden "art" in it and there were cabinets of old medical paraphanalia, campy old magazine cuttings, and taxidermied oddities. Best was the host said feel free to use the bar, and there was an eighth of bud there.

I always like to go on walks when tripping at managable levels. Nothing stimulates the old brain like a bunch of scenery and the real world. Another thing that I tend to do is have some silent album sessions where we just focus on a well made album and fall into the music.

There's a vitamin C controversy surrounding acid. Many believe it's placebo, but at least in rodents it provides measurable cerebral brain changes. Don't expect too much, but you could try it out if you fancy an experiment.

Phenibut takes away some of the physical discomfort I've noticed recently.. maybe an idea if you choose to remain sedentary and can't channel the stimulation into moving around. I'm not entirely convinced it doesn't dull the trip somewhat, but even if it does it's minimal an effect.

Though yeah, nature's best. I know, it's a platitude.. but on acid you can actually see why it's so all-round nourishing to be outside of the box.

Dancing is my go to for amazing trips. I like it too cuz it allows me to really push the dosage. During that initial jolt of coming up I can distract myself with movement and the music. I’m also outside more often than not so all the added benefits of hanging in nature. With LSD I need to be able to jump around on different activities.

Camping off in the woods is fun too so long as I’m far enough out. But there’s lots of risks with that too, like getting eaten by a bigger critter.

-GC

Dancing is my go to for amazing trips. I like it too cuz it allows me to really push the dosage. During that initial jolt of coming up I can distract myself with movement and the music. I’m also outside more often than not so all the added benefits of hanging in nature. With LSD I need to be able to jump around on different activities.

Camping off in the woods is fun too so long as I’m far enough out. But there’s lots of risks with that too, like getting eaten by a bigger critter.

-GC
I can't ever really dance on acid. I'll find I do for a few seconds here and there like it's a shiver or sneeze but it's like 5-10 seconds of dancing.

Regarding outdoors I'm lucky in that New Zealand doesn't really have anything poisonous or deadly. Most dangerous thing is probably a stag in roar. But you have to be deep to even have a chance of seeing that. Plus deer can't climb trees lol.

Agree doing different stuff is great. I think the worst or hardest trips are usually when you are quite restricted or at least feel you are.

Singing is great if feeling sad or lost.

Painting is amazing. Dancing can be great too. Playing music works on somewhat lower doses for me. Many social activities also fit well with lower doses. Maybe not a funeral or conference but a nice long walk with a friend or a rave party suits well.

With slightly higher doses, i find it's better to lie down and just exist.

I'm merely stating my own preference. It's probably very personal.

Plan your trip. Give yourself a week or two of therapeutic relaxation and contemplation for intentions and direction of the trip. Focus on things like being as stress free as possible and come home to yourself. Get yourself as balanced as possible. This always works for me. If you just go completely with the wind and then trip you won't have the predefined landscape and/or language to really define what it all means, or was supposed to mean.

Go out into a beautiful area with amazing views. Bring yourself closer to nature unaffected by civilization. We seek to reconnect all the time but don't do it enough. Reconnecting with the earth as it was, is and always should be makes for an amazing interesting and inspirational trip. You feel as one with everything. It's the best experience you can have. Staring at a mountain for several hours is very possible if you get it right. Ideally you want to be somewhere away from others where you are not pressed to think about things that aren't relevant or be distracted by said irrelevant things. This includes being away from busy roads, footpaths, trails etc. Find yourself a spot overlooking a valley or something where you have your own little spot that nobody will disturb you by. The more remote the better because then you can focus on coming out of yourself as opposed to burying deeper within yourself. Bring provisions with you and probably do some research on the upcoming weather too just to be in the know.

And, generally, look after yourself! Don't take more than you feel comfortable with and if you do, have someone around you really trust. Any dodgy facets of a friendship will be dug up when you are tripping and you'll probably just be mulling how much you really don't like this person or all the problems you have with them. Don't waste your energy and don't allow your energy to be turned against you by someone who doesn't deserve to see you in such an open state.

Also, always use psychedelics for therapeutic/spiritual reasons. Don't take them just to get high. Their potential is far too great and valuable to abuse them. And use them sparingly. One heavy trip can and often is the only trip many people have in their lifetime because it's enough to transform them. But you can take more. I think every trip should have intentions set from the beginning as outlined above and you have to really want the experience on a meaningful level. If you are going to trip heavy do so in a therapeutic setting and with the intentions clear, not just so you can get loaded.

The actual last time I did LSD I think I did close to 800ug. I'd been thinking that if I ever got a bad cancer diagnosis or something like that I'd give something like that a try, then thought to myself, why wait? If I think a mega dose of LSD might help me resolve some of my issues, why wait to if and when I get really sick, why not just do it now if I really think there might be something that could be helpful?

So I did.

And caused a real shit show.

But I got my answer, just not during the trip. The trip was enough to push me into ego loss of a different kind. All my ego defenses and coping mechanisms started collapsing over time. Bluff, bluster, and cowardice only gets you so far in life I guess. The LSD didn't show me that, it just softened me up enough start accepting some unpleasant truths about myself once I was ready to look. ln the weeks after the LSD I 5150'd twice. First, my wife called, the second time, I just went back voluntarily. I told them I was suicidal even though I wasn't. I didn't have my answer and I didn't know what to do. That was the acute phase of ego collapse, I quietly completed my total collapse a month or two later at home. I sold my investments and took huge financial losses. I quit my job I hated. I got another one later. I already had a good psychiatrist, I got out of the way and trusted her judgment. Its took over a year since that with a lot of time just resting to recover.

And then one day I started to feel I wasn't scared of the world or other people or situations, I had to just show up and face them, nothing more. If it drained me I went home and rested. It wasn't that hard to do. Then one day I started feeling contentment with my self and my life. I'd never felt that before, and I mean ever. And then I started feeling happy, not manic, not excited, not euphoric, happy. I'd never felt that before too.

Just today my wife called me from work to see how I was doing because I'm home getting over a bout of Covid. And I knew she called because she loves me. A simple gesture but it means so much to me. I've waited 17 years to feel like my wife loves me. I don't care about the money, it will come back in time, or it won't.

Last edited by a moderator:
The actual last time I did LSD I think I did close to 800ug. I'd been thinking that if I ever got a bad cancer diagnosis or something like that I'd give something like that a try, then thought to myself, why wait? If I think a mega dose of LSD might help me resolve some of my issues, why wait to if and when I get really sick, why not just do it now if I really think there might be something that could be helpful?

So I did.

And caused a real shit show.

But I got my answer, just not during the trip. The trip was enough to push me into ego loss of a different kind. All my ego defenses and coping mechanisms started collapsing over time. Bluff, bluster, and cowardice only gets you so far in life I guess. The LSD didn't show me that, it just softened me up enough start accepting some unpleasant truths about myself once I was ready to look. ln the weeks after the LSD I 5150'd twice. First, my wife called, the second time, I just went back voluntarily. I told them I was suicidal even though I wasn't. I didn't have my answer and I didn't know what to do. That was the acute phase of ego collapse, I quietly completed my total collapse a month or two later at home. I sold my investments and took huge financial losses. I quit my job I hated. I got another one later. I already had a good psychiatrist, I got out of the way and trusted her judgment. Its took over a year since that with a lot of time just resting to recover.

And then one day I started to feel I wasn't scared of the world or other people or situations, I had to just show up and face them, nothing more. If it drained me I went home and rested. It wasn't that hard to do. Then one day I started feeling contentment with my self and my life. I'd never felt that before, and I mean ever. And then I started feeling happy, not manic, not excited, not euphoric, happy. I'd never felt that before too.

Just today my wife called me from work to see how I was doing because I'm home getting over a bout of Covid. And I knew she called because she loves me. A simple gesture but it means so much to me. I've waited 17 years to feel like my wife loves me. I don't care about the money, it will come back in time, or it won't.
That's an inspirational story and it's good that you can be open and share it especially because it's so personal to you.
Maybe the LSD did help but not in the ways you expected? Maybe the temporary loss of your ego helped to restructure it after the trip in a way where you had to fall in order to learn to fly?
You had to lose things in order to learn what you had to gain? Also, your story isn't completely different to what a lot of other inteprid voyagers have experienced with their first trip. Many didn't have the experience they expected but it was the experience they needed. And what they do after the trip might not seem to be connected to their experience but actually is.

I think real transformation occurs over time and not always in textbook ways and not instanteously like we like to believe. If you want to look back and see the difference it takes time but it also takes intentions. You don't have to get the "answers" in order to open the door to them appearing in everday life. The last heavy trip I had was 5g of magic mushrooms in silent darkness. I learned nothing. My thoughts were literally ripping apart and dismantling in real time before me. It was a joke, a very cosmic joke and I was just a passenger. It was ridiculous. I was ridiculous. I would have a thought and then..... it just disintegrated. I did kinda learn that language is a very weak way of communicating and there is far more beyond our comprehension in language spoken or otherwise. Apart from that I just led there while I had thoughts that existed for a few seconds and then ground down into nothing. I could do nothing about it except witness it happening and even attempting to conceptualize it turned into that thought process disintegrating too and so I had to watch that disappear. That being said, it helped catapult my life into a new direction. Something changed. If shamanic noises and dismantling thoughts is therapeutic then what even is psychedelic therapy. I thought it was about everything you have ever been through being thrown right in front of you for you to deal with and then having to walk or even crawl your way through begging for mercy. It doesn't have to be.

I also had similar experiences on DMT. DMT is so fast that I think really you have to procreate meaning from it instead of meaning being gifted to you through hours of deep experiences. I felt sometimes I was guilty of forcing a narrative. But then after several DMT experiences and green fields in front of me swaying in psychedelic fractal patterns and a woman/entity in the sky briefly looking at me I felt differently. I had perhaps 4 or 5 DMT experiences. I learned that love was all encompassing and awe inspiring and what we all gravitated to, whether we accepted it or not. I mean, 30-60 seconds of DMT can do that? I guess so. Also, the effects of the DMT lasted well into the weeks ahead. The very small time I spent suspended in an egoless state for but a breath or two propelled me forward and changed my perspective on things.

It's not about destination. It's about the journey. When you're focused solely on the final curtain call to end all doubt and change your life you are suddenly made to realize it's not that simple. And then when you start giving up hope and start thinking there's something wrong with your method, suddenly doors open. I think that's because you let go in those moments and learn to embrace experience and open yourself to the possibilities. You give yourself space to grow and naturally you gravitate towards what you seek, especially when you're not forcing it

Yes, that's exactly it, I couldn't put it any better myself.
There's an inherent risk in being open to what exists behind the everyday grind of life. You CAN lose yourself. You CAN become nothing or even a nobody. But that isn't where the risks really are, not when we look deeper. There are no maps for us to use to guide ourselves and our society and culture doesn't support nor is compatible with these journeys. Stan Grof emphasized the need for these maps to be made during his research into psychedelics. But largely I think a lot of experienced leaders in the area of psychedelic therapy and altered states say the same thing. It is very possible that you fall off the edge. But where are you falling to? And who or what says you are falling?

I mean, losing your material wealth to lots of people in the Western world is a sign of failure. It means you haven't played the game right and you don't get the "I have made it" badge (that doesn't actually exist nor is there ever a ceremony to be awarded this badge, which is kinda funny and shows how absurd our lifestyle rituals are working up to the "initiation" which has never happens). You are SUPPOSED to play the game exactly as you are told and be exactly as you are told you should be based on the socially agreed roles assigned for/to us. If you don't then you don't exist, you're not real. At least you're not really real. Others are really real. You are just, a kind of, illusion. As Alan Watts said, you are on probation until you are taught to be a real person. We cling to our assumed roles and material status like we have already lost our minds and cant cope and need things to sedate us.

Its finding out what exists beyond that which is so important when life throws you questions that can't be answered by the superficial mediums for interpretation we depend on (desperately sometimes). When there is a significant spiritual crisis, we need to be exposed to the raw nature of the chaos of reality. The apparatus we have to navigate through these experiences are limited so we have to look beyond. Sometimes you have to remove the things in order to see whether you still exist beyond the things and to see the relationship you have with these things. Sometimes its the most extreme actions we take that prove the most rewarding. I think most people would lose their shit if you gave them a heavy psychedelic trip and then managed to put every thing they obsess over in life in front of them and were forced to see the reality of their relationship to them. It would be a trip full of absurdity in regards to what these things actually mean when they can no longer hide behind illusions and most things would be absolutely meaningless to them after a while.

Sometimes you have to go to those places and for you to be completely naked and exposed. You have to go there to know that you are fundamentally okay and capable of existing when everything falls away. Everything can fall away but if we can't accept what exists beyond the illusory levels of reality we risk losing our way, even our own minds.

Then again, do you really lose your mind? Where does it go? Where do you go? You're always right here anyway. And is it okay if you lose yourself? What are you afraid of? In our modern western society we condemn losing ourselves, unless we get blind drunk or numbed on pharmaceutical medication. Our answers are not really answers at all. The answers are the ones which actually solve our issues on a far deeper level. Thing is, these are usually always countercultural and unconventional and probably socially unacceptable and frowned upon. That's where the loss is because you might choose to follow your own path and no longer follow the crowd and seek to solve issues on the superficial level most assume is sufficient.

So, it's not really a loss. Its only a loss in reference to others and others meaning society, which is a construct, an abstract. How can you base your life on abstract notions? We are using the social mirror as a guide and that only keeps us conforming, repeating and following, not defining our own path in life and truly seeking to define ourselves. We are own creation. It takes courage, LOTS of courage. But the benefits outweigh the disadvantages in the end.

There's an inherent risk in being open to what exists behind the everyday grind of life. You CAN lose yourself. You CAN become nothing or even a nobody. But that isn't where the risks really are, not when we look deeper. There are no maps for us to use to guide ourselves and our society and culture doesn't support nor is compatible with these journeys. Stan Grof emphasized the need for these maps to be made during his research into psychedelics. But largely I think a lot of experienced leaders in the area of psychedelic therapy and altered states say the same thing. It is very possible that you fall off the edge. But where are you falling to? And who or what says you are falling?

I mean, losing your material wealth to lots of people in the Western world is a sign of failure. It means you haven't played the game right and you don't get the "I have made it" badge (that doesn't actually exist nor is there ever a ceremony to be awarded this badge, which is kinda funny and shows how absurd our lifestyle rituals are working up to the "initiation" which has never happens). You are SUPPOSED to play the game exactly as you are told and be exactly as you are told you should be based on the socially agreed roles assigned for/to us. If you don't then you don't exist, you're not real. At least you're not really real. Others are really real. You are just, a kind of, illusion. As Alan Watts said, you are on probation until you are taught to be a real person. We cling to our assumed roles and material status like we have already lost our minds and cant cope and need things to sedate us.

Its finding out what exists beyond that which is so important when life throws you questions that can't be answered by the superficial mediums for interpretation we depend on (desperately sometimes). When there is a significant spiritual crisis, we need to be exposed to the raw nature of the chaos of reality. The apparatus we have to navigate through these experiences are limited so we have to look beyond. Sometimes you have to remove the things in order to see whether you still exist beyond the things and to see the relationship you have with these things. Sometimes its the most extreme actions we take that prove the most rewarding. I think most people would lose their shit if you gave them a heavy psychedelic trip and then managed to put every thing they obsess over in life in front of them and were forced to see the reality of their relationship to them. It would be a trip full of absurdity in regards to what these things actually mean when they can no longer hide behind illusions and most things would be absolutely meaningless to them after a while.

Sometimes you have to go to those places and for you to be completely naked and exposed. You have to go there to know that you are fundamentally okay and capable of existing when everything falls away. Everything can fall away but if we can't accept what exists beyond the illusory levels of reality we risk losing our way, even our own minds.

Then again, do you really lose your mind? Where does it go? Where do you go? You're always right here anyway. And is it okay if you lose yourself? What are you afraid of? In our modern western society we condemn losing ourselves, unless we get blind drunk or numbed on pharmaceutical medication. Our answers are not really answers at all. The answers are the ones which actually solve our issues on a far deeper level. Thing is, these are usually always countercultural and unconventional and probably socially unacceptable and frowned upon. That's where the loss is because you might choose to follow your own path and no longer follow the crowd and seek to solve issues on the superficial level most assume is sufficient.

So, it's not really a loss. Its only a loss in reference to others and others meaning society, which is a construct, an abstract. How can you base your life on abstract notions? We are using the social mirror as a guide and that only keeps us conforming, repeating and following, not defining our own path in life and truly seeking to define ourselves. We are own creation. It takes courage, LOTS of courage. But the benefits outweigh the disadvantages in the end.
Oddly enough she took it back, the whole family meaning mom a dad and kids got into an argument about something not really that important and she ended it when she threatened to get a divorce if we don't go to a theme park on summer vacation. I think I'm going to buy a plane ticket to go see my Uncle in South Florida, she's got other fish to fry anyway. I'm going party boat fishing with my sons on Fathers Day, and cancelled the expensive restaurant reservation. FUCK it you only live once and I'm starting my 3/3 period of life and I need some bro support.

I need to amend my post above, I would say this,

all pornographic habits aside,

I would love to trip on acid looking at a picture book containing nothing but 10,000 pussies, all mature women, like maybe 50-100 to a page, color. I've seen picture books at like Barnes & Noble, there are some online sites too, like yani or yoni. I've always thought of psychedelics enhancing synesthesia and OEV/CEVs but never erotica. It'd be like reading the Hite Report and looking at a color chart book at the same time. I can remember times when looking at art photo books made me happly during some very sad and lonely times.

ADDING:

My only concern is that when I did Rebirthing years ago I was crying, and hollering mommy and daddy and all sorts of stuff, and snot was running down my dose, and I'm almost choking, my eyes are puffy and I can't see, and I look around the room of people I'm Rebirthing with, like 6-8 other people, and everyone else is dead quiet, you could hear a pin drop, they were lying still meditating, it was very embarrasing. And that was stone cold sober, no alcohol, no drugs, no medication, nothing.

ADDING 2:

Problem with pussy flashing though is with some women you see it once and you never see her alive again. Kind of like your mom dying on you and she flashes you like Diana or something. Very drunk for that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I’d suggest is don’t go anywhere near a TV screen for the first 6 hours of your trip. Turn it in at the point you are winding down and thinking about calling it a day. The exception being trippy music videos or silent fractal videos on a seriously huge HD screen.

Trying to tune your brain into anything following anything that has a narrative structure when tripping really saps the experience of its potential in my experience.

The other thing is: keep switching up the soundtrack every hour or so - especially if things feel sub-optimal at times. With smart switches in the music every so often you don’t get one long trip - you might get 3-4 shorter but vastly different trips rolling one into the other,

@moonyham

I don't know really about exercise the day before if you are not in a regular routine.
often that will make you sore the next day which can spin the trip sideways completely.

but if you want to live to trip better and trip to live better then you are at the beginning of a nice big project that includes
  1. regular exercise,
  2. healthy food and
  3. not too much or too little of things, and a
  4. good relationship with nature and
  5. your immediate surrounds,
  6. which may include family and likely neighbourhood people etc.

you do not have to live like the proverbial hippie, but realistically in the 60's, living like a hippie made it easier to trip any time and be in a continuous healthful recovery and immersion in life.

These days, you can manage to enjoy regular tripping and living and not appear much different than others who do not trip. Often there is a dispensary nearby or web access to good psychedelics, so the hippie cults are less prevalent and less likely to become an exaggerated trap of a lifestyle.

I think if your goal is to participate and discover life, then yes some daily exercise, some good food and activity and work habits and good people of all kinds are going to be part of it, and the refreshments and drugs are all up to your acquired taste.

Set your intentions, talk a lot of gibberish, open portals, fuck around and find out.

WEEEEEEEW!!!

Take a really long shower with music playing in the bathroom via bluetooth speakers. Weird lighting is also encouraged.

It feels like some kind of neo folk psychedelic self baptism

Preferably have a cold milkshake or smoothie after the hot shower and to finish off the pleasant revisitation of infancy/rebirth (suckin on that smoothie titty yo)

I've been sitting quietly, listening to music that sounds like it's descending from the future and playing through the porous cracks in the aether while watching the trails of dancing stars paint vivid imagery in the night sky.

Then someone goes "bro, you've gotta check this out!", and puts a camera lens in front of me. I looked through it and saw nothing but a fucking camera lens. "Do you see it? Do you see the faces??" he enquires.

No. No I don't.

I've seen some pretty serious shit go down on psychedelics; like I could still see the red and blue lights of emergency vehicles flashing about me for hours after witnessing a car crash on LSD. I remained emotionally unaffected by it.. but I still can't deal with people trying to replace the experience I'm having with the experience they're having. That does my head in.

If the psychedelics aren't entertainment enough, and you need spectacles and gimmicks like turning a bathroom into a rave site so you can have the world's weirdest shower, you'll find those things organically, by yourself. When you do, I suggest keeping them to yourself instead of interrupting someone else's good time with a magical glow stick or camera lens with invisible faces in it.

If you're starting to get into a "bad trip" here are some tricks:

Distract yourself. Have a trip sitter. Throw stuffed animals, balls, or pillows. anything to each other. It distracts you and it's also fun.

Nitrous. Nitrous always kinda "resets" my mood. It has always made me more positive and forget what I was getting sad about, but I don't know for certain if this works for everybody.

Your environment. Positive chill music, fun positive happy decor, a familiar comfortable place, etc.

Last edited: