• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Teeth!

Its crazy how bad doing drugs is for your teeth... even marijuana, Ive noticed gives me bad breath (dried out pooey in the morning) And all my girlfriends / family have confirmed how my breath is surprisingly neutral considering i'm somewhat of a bon vivante drug using cigarette smoker (2-3 day tops) Been a daily meth user for over a year, was on adderall since age 11, and I use opiates on occasion.

I used to be totally anti-flouride, until I saw the dentist about 4 years ago, he said my teeth were cracking in the front (from smoking meth , and using flouride free toothpaste) He told me that I needed to coat my teeth in heavy RX strength flouride paste , and just let it sit there coating my teeth for a couple hours while in bed, then to spit out the majority and leave a modest coating on while I slept ... He said not to swallow it as much as possible , but that risks of swallowing it were far outweighed by the risks of not using it, I.E. my front teeth all shattering and falling out...

I became a heavy flouride convert overnight, started taking way better care of my teeth.... luckily I have always seen the dentist average of once a year since I was a kid, and have had many cavities ---- I'm like darth vader in my mouth , more machine than man, but they look good considering! and now I'm pretty religious about it, but GET IN TO THE DENTIST , USE FLOURIDE OR GET PREPARED FOR DENTURES

Well, I've had my broken tooth out and got a few more fillings. I also had my last wisdom tooth extracted; it was 'partially erupted' (fucking dramatic cunts these dentists :D) with decaying roots. I must say, I felt awful for some time after with neuralgia and neck/shoulder pain, but am starting to realise how much pain my teeth are NO LONGER causing me. Absence of pain is quite euphoric.

Now onto maintenance :)

Still, I question the evolution of tooth in place of focused lasers or similar cauterization instruments. Surely better then enameled bone....:\

Journeyman, you must have me confused with someone who actually gives a shit whether you use fluoride or not. I am not in the industry for my love of spit and blood, I'm in it to make bank, and I happen to be very good at it.

If you choose to avoid using fluoride, more fool you. And more ponies for my daughter. Unlike anti vaccinators, the only mouth you are hurting is your own.

Lol, One Thousand Words is a NWO Commie!
Probably apart of the neighborhood sterilization units!

I'm so joking!

I was a vegetarian, with a dairy allergy and a heavy pot and tobacco smoker. I only drank soda in spurts, not regular and never ate much candy besides chocolate and that is minimal.

I went to get an impacted tooth and my other wisdom tooth removed last week.

Only went to a dentist once, to have a molar removed, and the last time I went to the dentist was in junior high, no teeth cleanings, never had a filling, nothing.

I had my teeth x-ray'd and only have one cavity. That's 19-20 years of dental neglect in the form of not seeing a dentist.

My dentist was surprised, but and said it was due to my saliva.

Granted I had a molar removed which sucks, but I wholeheartedly agree that its down to sugar and acids.

This thread gives me chills.

I haven't visited the dentist in over 6 years, and im absolutely terrified to do so. I was traumatized as a child and it's a struggle to convince myself to go.. but my teeth are not doing so well, i think been half-english has pre-disposed me to fucked teeth. There all perfectly in alignment except for one, but my gums are bleeding almost everytime i brush my teeth.. the plaque buildup behind my bottom teeth has solidified so much that its become an extension of the teeth.. i've chipped one tooth and i've had all my wisdom teeth pulled out. There also stained yellow from tea and past cigarette use..

I think the enamel on one of the top molars has been partially stripped and exposed a nerve because if i touch it with my nail, it sends a super sharp pain through my gums. This makes me more afraid just to get a scale and clean from the dentist..

I wish i could just pay them an advance in cash to knock me unconscious with an anaesthetic.

Go to the dentist ASAP. Seriously. I waited three years and ended up with quite a few cavities. Get them while you can. If they are cavities now, they could become root canals in another few years. Go now, get them fixed immediately! It'll suck, yes. (get laughing gas or benzos for the fillings) Then keep it up. Get your teeth cleaned at the dentist at least twice a year.

I'm grateful my uncle is a dentist but I've got some issues myself… from my long term drug use. I also have a tiny chipped tooth in the front I need to fix, not that bad but I see it from eating nuts with my front teeth when out of it. Real dumb.
Anyways - I switched to an electric tooth brush and have not had cavities since, and also use a special mouth wash called Act mouthwash. He said use it at night and it acts through the night. So they say but who knows?

Another dentist told me don't even bother with all that, toothpaste and all… just brush your teeth with water. There are varying opinions of course.
It's so expensive to keep up dental work.

Go to the dentist ASAP. Seriously. I waited three years and ended up with quite a few cavities. Get them while you can. If they are cavities now, they could become root canals in another few years. Go now, get them fixed immediately! It'll suck, yes. (get laughing gas or benzos for the fillings) Then keep it up. Get your teeth cleaned at the dentist at least twice a year.

Yeah, im onto it. The last couple of weeks my gums have been in periodic aching pain..

I've made an appointment for the 6th of May.. could you believe it was their earliest available booking! then again im not surprised.. They are extremely good and it'll be the same Dr i had six years ago - it's where i had all four of my wisdom teeth removed in one session. I am going to piss blood from my mouth after they clean them.. hopefully the damage is not too bad (or expensive).

:(

One of my top molars is in agonizing pain at the moment, it started 4 days ago.. every-time i walk/run the vibration from my foot hitting the ground sends a sharp pain shooting up the left side of my face from my tooth.. it feels like nerve pain. Still have 3 weeks to wait until i can see the dentist.. im going to call tomorrow and see if my appointment can be moved up somehow..

I am so shit scared now.. there's few things more painful then nerve pain and if they hit that while doing the work.. it's game over for me. They'll need to either tie me down or knock me out.

Last edited:
^That sucks man. How r u feeling now? If u live in Melbourne pm me and ill give you my dentists details. She is excellent and will usually make time if youre in pain.

^That sucks man. How r u feeling now? If u live in Melbourne pm me and ill give you my dentists details. She is excellent and will usually make time if youre in pain.

Ahh im in Perth unfortunately but thanks, there's no cancellations so i will have to wait it out.. my pain threshold is quite high. It's not as painful as it was before, but it's still very pronounced.. if i tilt my head forward in a head-banging motion i can feel sharp nerve pain above my top molar.. It's weird that this happened so suddenly.

So i just got back from the dentist.

I hadn't had a scale and clean for almost 10 years, the buildup was so bad they had to numb one side of my face to clean all the crap off and could only do half in one session, so i have to go back in two weeks for the other half of my teeth. There was excessive bleeding, gum recession and inflammation etc..

X-rays revealed nothing too significant, there was a suspicious tooth at the back that may need a filling, but the dentist will have a further look next appointment.

Overall.. i think i got quite lucky considering everything, now i need to pay serious attention to my teeth from now on.

Take a break from whatever abuse, teeth will eventually go back to normal

^Not so I'm afraid, haven't you seen the hardcore junkies getting around with missing/broken/cracked teeth?

Rtp

What's the healthiest way to keep your teeth in condition when smoking stims? Brush them and water? How many times should I brush them if i have a toke every few hours and how much water should i drink? Also is Meth worse for your teeth than MPA?

Looks like I'm going to have to get another root canal. Back molar that I got filled last year is playing up and x-ray suggested infection. So either get it out or have a root-canal. Fuck that...

I'm waiting for my teeth to go back to normal. :\

What's the healthiest way to keep your teeth in condition when smoking stims? Brush them and water? How many times should I brush them if i have a toke every few hours and how much water should i drink? Also is Meth worse for your teeth than MPA?
Brush them 3 times a day and drink 2-3L of water a day. If you sweat a lot, you can go up to 4L. Ultimately, you should consider quitting stims.

Too much brushing can strip enamel and cause gum recession. And don't forget to floss!

if you had no idea what root canal was it must sound so enticing