Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

THC with CBD Edible (3mgs / 25mg) - Inexperience - Stronger Than I Expected ☺️

Nucynta_80

Bluelighter
Hey there everyone,

This experience happened about 3 weeks ago, and I felt it was worth posting about my experience, especially to see if I am hyper- sensitive or just a someone with above average sensitivity.

So, it’s the weekend and my pain levels have been spiking a bit. I have a lot of chores and tasks to complete, to include taking care of my son, and when your pain flares, that can be difficult.

So I had recently received a sample of full spectrum gummies from a reputable company with excellent reviews. According to the COA, each gummy had about 3mgs of total THC (approx 2mgs of Delta-9 and 1mg of Delta-8), and about 25mgs of CBD. The pack had 4 gummies, and given my total inexperience with edibles and only moderate experience with smoked Cannabis products, I knew I had to be cautious (start low, go slow). I previous tried 1/3rd of a gummy with positive results, a slight reduction in pain, improved mood, and better social state.

It’s also important to note I am on multiple prescriptions, that while the doses are low, are psychoactive in their own. That would Vyvanse 40mg dose x1 daily, oxycodone 5mg dose x4 daily, and Pregabalin 75mg dose x3 daily. I can also use Adderall 10mgs for ADHD rescue.

Saturday 9am, I take my Vyvanse, oxycodone, and Pregabalin as normal. I ate a bowl of cereal to follow and drink some water.

T-Time, Saturday 9:30am, I decide to consume 1 full gummy (3mgs THC and 25mgs CBD). Part way through chewing it, I hold the materials under my tongue for about 30-45 seconds, then finished chewing and swallowed it. I then ate a cheese stick to give me a little fat and some more water.

Roughly 30 mins after T - I am starting to feel it, just a mood uplift and improved social feeling. However, I am also experiencing some kind of *awkward* come up feeling. Like I can feel a little bit of pressure around my shoulder blades, and there’s a brief anxiety, but it’s honestly minor, and the positive mood lift is pushing through.

45 mins after T - at this point, I am starting to get a mild body buzz and improved pain relief. My mind is still clear, and the come-up awkwardness has disappeared. I feel more relaxed with reduced anxiety now.

1 hour after T - the body buzz is now moderately intense and I also have a mild mental buzz. It’s definitely somewhat stronger than I anticipated, but absolutely manageable! In fact, it feels pleasurable.

90 minutes after T - At this point, I am definitely feeling a moderate body buzz with some relaxing sedation. Mentally, I still feel very functional, though my thinking is a bit hyper focusing lol. As I am doing chores like doing dishes, I can occasionally feel a little pressure on the shoulder blades and lower back, but nothing too serious. Mood wise, this is the best I’ve felt all week! However, I am now feeling a bit less social then I was at first, kinda like I would rather go into my own world and just enjoy the low-tier sedation and pain relief! ☺️

3 hours after T - I have to take my son to his swim class. Thankfully, the place is very close by. So it’s actually more enjoyable than normal to watch my son advancing on his swimming ability! I take more pictures than normal 😂.

4 hours after T - The body buzz is still going! The sedation feeling is starting to lighten though, and overall, I just feel relaxed. There are no mental effects at this time.

5 hours after T - The buzz is now mild, and the pain is starting to return. I actually am starting to feel slightly agitated, but thankfully I’m still fairly relaxed overall. As I’m feeling more pain again, I redose my pain meds but not the THC

5 1/2 hours after T - The buzz is gone. I still end up feeling some lingering effects for another 30-45 minutes or so, but the main show has ended. The pain meds help with the pain, but the relief is less than from this morning. It’s clear to me that THC and CBD, even in low-dose THC formulation helps with pain.

Present - For the last two weeks, I have been using full spectrum tinctures and they have been helping! I started off using one that delivered 1mg THC to 35mgs CBD, but switched to one that delivers 2mgs THC and 50mgs CBD! The 2/50 does cause sedation and a moderate body buzz but no significant mental effects, no anxiety, and it helps relief pain symptoms, so I think I’ll stick with it!

Hey there everyone,

This experience happened about 3 weeks ago, and I felt it was worth posting about my experience, especially to see if I am hyper- sensitive or just a someone with above average sensitivity.

So, it’s the weekend and my pain levels have been spiking a bit. I have a lot of chores and tasks to complete, to include taking care of my son, and when your pain flares, that can be difficult.

So I had recently received a sample of full spectrum gummies from a reputable company with excellent reviews. According to the COA, each gummy had about 3mgs of total THC (approx 2mgs of Delta-9 and 1mg of Delta-8), and about 25mgs of CBD. The pack had 4 gummies, and given my total inexperience with edibles and only moderate experience with smoked Cannabis products, I knew I had to be cautious (start low, go slow). I previous tried 1/3rd of a gummy with positive results, a slight reduction in pain, improved mood, and better social state.

It’s also important to note I am on multiple prescriptions, that while the doses are low, are psychoactive in their own. That would Vyvanse 40mg dose x1 daily, oxycodone 5mg dose x4 daily, and Pregabalin 75mg dose x3 daily. I can also use Adderall 10mgs for ADHD rescue.

Saturday 9am, I take my Vyvanse, oxycodone, and Pregabalin as normal. I ate a bowl of cereal to follow and drink some water.

T-Time, Saturday 9:30am, I decide to consume 1 full gummy (3mgs THC and 25mgs CBD). Part way through chewing it, I hold the materials under my tongue for about 30-45 seconds, then finished chewing and swallowed it. I then ate a cheese stick to give me a little fat and some more water.

Roughly 30 mins after T - I am starting to feel it, just a mood uplift and improved social feeling. However, I am also experiencing some kind of *awkward* come up feeling. Like I can feel a little bit of pressure around my shoulder blades, and there’s a brief anxiety, but it’s honestly minor, and the positive mood lift is pushing through.

45 mins after T - at this point, I am starting to get a mild body buzz and improved pain relief. My mind is still clear, and the come-up awkwardness has disappeared. I feel more relaxed with reduced anxiety now.

1 hour after T - the body buzz is now moderately intense and I also have a mild mental buzz. It’s definitely somewhat stronger than I anticipated, but absolutely manageable! In fact, it feels pleasurable.

90 minutes after T - At this point, I am definitely feeling a moderate body buzz with some relaxing sedation. Mentally, I still feel very functional, though my thinking is a bit hyper focusing lol. As I am doing chores like doing dishes, I can occasionally feel a little pressure on the shoulder blades and lower back, but nothing too serious. Mood wise, this is the best I’ve felt all week! However, I am now feeling a bit less social then I was at first, kinda like I would rather go into my own world and just enjoy the low-tier sedation and pain relief! ☺️

3 hours after T - I have to take my son to his swim class. Thankfully, the place is very close by. So it’s actually more enjoyable than normal to watch my son advancing on his swimming ability! I take more pictures than normal 😂.

4 hours after T - The body buzz is still going! The sedation feeling is starting to lighten though, and overall, I just feel relaxed. There are no mental effects at this time.

5 hours after T - The buzz is now mild, and the pain is starting to return. I actually am starting to feel slightly agitated, but thankfully I’m still fairly relaxed overall. As I’m feeling more pain again, I redose my pain meds but not the THC

5 1/2 hours after T - The buzz is gone. I still end up feeling some lingering effects for another 30-45 minutes or so, but the main show has ended. The pain meds help with the pain, but the relief is less than from this morning. It’s clear to me that THC and CBD, even in low-dose THC formulation helps with pain.

Present - For the last two weeks, I have been using full spectrum tinctures and they have been helping! I started off using one that delivered 1mg THC to 35mgs CBD, but switched to one that delivers 2mgs THC and 50mgs CBD! The 2/50 does cause sedation and a moderate body buzz but no significant mental effects, no anxiety, and it helps relief pain symptoms, so I think I’ll stick with it!
Hi!

So glad you posted this! I am very THC/CBD naive. I recently bought the Delta 8 Comfortably Numb tincture. Still haven't tried it. Then bought the Delta 8
gummies. They aren't here yet. I am being tapered off my anxiety meds, so that is my reason for trying this new experiment. I'm nervous because I had

a freakish experience a long time ago out in Cali. Smoked some Humboldt chronic (alone and the whole j), and started disassociating from myself. Fucking
scared the shit out of me, as I like to be in control. So, now I am desperate for relief, but also hesitant.

You are taking the Delta 9 which I understand is more stimulating. A reason I didn't go that route. I want to try my tincture but not sure how low to start? And how long before the tincture kicks in?

thanks