The ‘gateway drug’ is alcohol, not marijuana

I have noticed that most of the people I know that abuse cocaine are alcoholics, and dont enjoy marijuana. Also, a lot of people who smoke pot habitually dont care for cocaine.

Does this mean that alcohol somehow has chemicals in it which stimulate cravings for harder drugs?

I am sure it doesn't, however it is usually our first experience in chemically altered consciousness, and a form of self-administration of same. As I see it, this "opens the door" on altering your state, and piques your curiosity, perhaps maybe even on a subconscious level.

There again, I could be talking out my arse, and even if there is no such thing as a gateway drug, people would find their way directly to their DOC.. nah, can't see that without trial and error

and a lot of people who do alcohol are also self-righteous pot heads who can't understand anyone who enjoys narcotics

I've never truly cared for alcohol, yet I actively sought out other drugs, specifically psychedelics. I had a desire for altering my consciousness in those ways from a very young age, <10 years old, before I had even been introduced to any "drugs". I always knew I wanted to trip out on psychedelics.

The whole "gateway" thing is pretty much nonsense. Sure, there may be certain certain aspects of getting high on one substance which piques curiosity in other drugs. But you cannot point to one specific causal influence to determine the path somebody chose. Additionally, I don't consider my use of drugs (or anyone else's for that matter) a bad thing which needs to be scrutinized by attempting to find out what caused it. People are hypocrites, and we are all on drugs all the time anyway, even when we think we're sober. Everyone is getting high, in their own ways. It's just that some people don't like the methods other people use, and you end up with "my drug is right and your drug wrong" ego games.

FROM Cameroon.

[email protected]

Negotiable prices.

Cocaine "pure" .....................$80 per gram
Heroin....................... ..........$120 for 8 balls(3.5 g)
Hydrocodone .........................$3 for 5mg pill
MDMA(ecstasy) ....................$20 per 8mg pill
Hashish.................................$15 per gram
Morphine...............................$15 per 100mg pill
PCP......................................$11 a tablet
$20 for a gram of powder
$200 for an ounce of liquid
Crystal meth..........................$70 per gram
OxyContin.............................$40 per 80mg pill
Ketamine...............................$25 per gram
Mephedrone...........................$8 per gram
Amphetamine(white)...............$10 per kg
Purple kush............................$200 per kg
LSD.......................................$3 per blotter tab
Methcathinone(Cat).................$45 per gram
Dexedrine...............................$4 per 5mg pill
Phenazepam...........................$20 per gram
Activis Promethazine Codeine Cough Cyrup.$30 per 16 ounce bottle.

Beefy;10904342 said:
This is so good to hear. and i so agree with it. When i used to smoke pot, i didn't really want to do other drugs. But whenever i drink, I want to do coke or crystal or pills. I knew that i wasn't the only one that thought like that. Alcohol is bad in so many ways. It's a shame that people fail to realize that. If pot was legal in my state, i'd go back to smoking everyday again...Well, maybe not everyday, but i'd def. go back to smoking. I'm not smoking now because i'm in a program that drug tests me, so i can't have "Illegal" drugs in my system, :(

Does this mean that alcohol somehow has chemicals in it which stimulate cravings for harder drugs?