• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery The 2022 alcohol support thread

I've come to the realization that I can't drink anymore Which is annoying it's helped me get laid a lot but I'm just to nasty and unpredictable whilst drunk even suicidal at times so it's just not worth it I don't want to ruin ant more relationships with friends and family it wouldn't be so bad if I could moderate and stick to ciders but after a few I can't stop and move on to spirits

Today marks 14 days sober for me. I can't recall the last time I've felt so good. I have virtually no desire to drink, which is sort of odd to me. I guess a bit weird because I don't want to let my guard down and slip up.

Hope everyone is well. There is always hope. A life without booze is a life without being chained to suffering.

Today marks 14 days sober for me. I can't recall the last time I've felt so good. I have virtually no desire to drink, which is sort of odd to me. I guess a bit weird because I don't want to let my guard down and slip up.

Hope everyone is well. There is always hope. A life without booze is a life without being chained to suffering.
:cheer:

this drug makes me less anxious about not performing initially but it makes me sloppy AF
so I am kinda undecisive
but it is okayish I am not spiraling out of control any minute

Awesome 👍 12 days sober from all drink and drugs atm for me

day two for me again, keep up the good work :boobies:

Haven't touched a drink for... over 21 years.

But i was drinking 2 bottles of vodka a day, it took me years to recover (including hangovers after NOT drinking) and key - drinking £17000 of good vodka.

Alcohol is often under-rated, but it's a classic CNS depressant. I reached the stage where I seriously considered buying 1L cans of ether... to help me stop.

I offer up a macabre and unusual realization of organ damage that alcohol causes.

I was randomly reading about a horror story of a murder that occured in Germany. Two men with a similar love of chess connected and decided to go to a chess tournament together. Instead, they each got extremely drunk but ended up going to a house as they were too drunk to play. One thing led to another and for whatever reason one of them brutally murdered the other with a katana and machate.

I'll skip the gory details, but what really stood out to me is during the autospy the deceased person's BAC was 0.38%. The shocking part is the doctor describes "an intense smell of alcohol in the inner organs"... above the smell of death, blood and evisceration... the smell of alcohol was intense during a damn autopsy.

I don't know why but this really opened my eyes even further, although they really didn't need to be opened any further. I already know I'm dying.

:oops:
"an intense smell of alcohol in the inner organs"
Im gussing the innards did smell of alcohol when opened up know how much it takes to reach that high of BAC? sure it has all these factors to be jammed about but that is nomally fairly tipsy iirc. Is this true for most?
Yeah alcohol and damage strewn about. What a fuckin waste of time but the experience.....

:oops:

Im gussing the innards did smell of alcohol when opened up know how much it takes to reach that high of BAC? sure it has all these factors to be jammed about but that is nomally fairly tipsy iirc. Is this true for most?
Yeah alcohol and damage strewn about. What a fuckin waste of time but the experience.....
Yeah 0.38 is pretty crazy, borderline alcohol poisoning. Beyond blackout.

I like to keep my BAC around .20 - .25

For me, at 180lbs, thats about 10 drinks in 1 hour then 2 drinks per hour to maintain that level afterwards.

I'm an alchy so that's literally how I drink. Usually around 8 units within 45 minutes then coast from there.

To reach .38 a 180lb person probably had at least 25 or 30 drinks thru the night.