• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Ketamine Thread (Archived start - 11-20-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cognosis said:
Anybody have experience mixing K with any 2c-*s?

I find that doing K during the peak or plateau of a 2C-X (at least with 2C-B, I, and E, the ones I've tried it with) allows for a more conscious experience that is much easier to remember, and more colorful. Evidently 2C-B + K is an incredible, special combo, but I have not experienced that. I found it to enhance K, but it didn't produce the kind of state often reported.

My one K-hole (the first time I tried K) was on the plateau of a great 2C-I trip. it was the mosr vivid and enveloping K experience I've had.

Damn I wish I had my hands on 2c-e and K at the same time. I'd prolly end up going crazy, but it just might be worth it.

And is it a true K-hole if I pass out and have like a lucid dream-like state, but am concsious of who I am (well, sort of)?

As a regular K user, I am finding the drug is losing its novelty...

I have only been able to reach k-hole 2 times(once meeting aliens, second time being transported to a French colonial ship)....

Haven't been able to k-hole since then...I never tried to IM, cause I really don't like needles and I'm inexperienced with them....

After a while it gets boring just taking nasal doses and dancing in clubs while ktarded or watching youtube lol.... I just wish I had a regular LSD connection... With acid at least there is an after glow that lasts for weeks/ months:)

it helps one liquid dance a whole lot.

or so i have heard. in scientific papers.

strangely, i recall reading that unusual dancing-type movements were one of the side effects of ketamine they experienced early on (the side effects that made it uncommon as an anesthetic in adults, because of the 'emergence phenomena'). and i remember seeing a picture of one of the patients in a very liquid-dancing type pose.

Roches said:
it helps one liquid dance a whole lot.

or so i have heard. in scientific papers.

strangely, i recall reading that unusual dancing-type movements were one of the side effects of ketamine they experienced early on (the side effects that made it uncommon as an anesthetic in adults, because of the 'emergence phenomena'). and i remember seeing a picture of one of the patients in a very liquid-dancing type pose.

Lol, you actually read that in a scientific paper?:D

Personally I don't practise liquid dance, but when Im clubbing and I'm high on K I can't help but liquid dance;)

delta_9 said:
^I don't see ketamine as a club/rave drug. When I do it, I'm either in my own house, or at the house of a close friend. I'm not much of a dancer anyway, and ketamine just makes me wanna lay down and enjoy my trip, plus I can barely walk when i do it. I don't go for k-holes much, I try to get just before a k-hole.

i didn't think i would like it while raving or dancing at a club but it does wonders for achy feet and backs, and low doses make you feel like you're light and floaty the same way e does, while still letting you maintain control. very interesting substance!

Ravr said:
After a while it gets boring just taking nasal doses and dancing in clubs while ktarded or watching youtube lol.... I just wish I had a regular LSD connection... With acid at least there is an after glow that lasts for weeks/ months:)

Not always...if you do it too often, it gets boring too..

In other news a >98% racemic ketamine dispensing machine has been installed in my neighbourhood! I'm looking forward to whatever this k-hole might be.

just want to reaffirm my love for s-ket....such wonderful material! the low doses are very opiate like,warm and comforting...and when mental effects begin to show at the higher doses,they are so bizzare yet perfect,the visual field seems to merge into one solid blob of sensory input....paranoid thoughts are swatted down like so many flies,with EASE,recognizing the source of negative emotions and squashing it! ket enables me to look at my thought processes like no other compound....for me,ket is the most therapeutic psych ive done(and ive done the bulk of the RC drugs going around right now)

edit:yeah,i did a bunch of s-ket last night and had a most wonderful purge of chinese buffet+negative thoughts! ket does for me what many people claim the tryptamines to do,it truely expands my mind,where at this point most tryptamines ( besides the o so blissful 5-meo-dmt) throw me into a bout of extreme paranoia and anxiety...ive sworn off tryps for a while,but i think ketamine is goign to be an allyu in showing me the way back to the path....all of this comes at a time in my life where im heading into a new religious experience (paganism) and everything is wonderful.

i love you guys here in this here PD forum,i might not post too too much but i cherish every last piece of advice ive been directly and indirectly given....you guys all fucking rock

SYNCHRONICITY FTW!

5-HT2 said:
I have no problem with IMing and can procure syringes and micron filters, but I'm hesitant to do this because the ketamine currently available to me might have MSM in it, and MSM will pass through a micron filter. I have no idea whether MSM is toxic or irritating, but I will look into it.

MSM is used as an animal food suppliment (source of organic sulphur) and as a suppliment & medicine in humans (to treat arthritis). It's incredibly safe & non-toxic, but you might get a bit of a funny taste in your mouth after IMing anything containing MSM (the same taste DMSO can give after contact with the skin) - that's about the worst thing about MSM; well other than it should have been ketamine! =D

Just wanted to add, I'm taking an antibiotic - clathithromycin - at the moment (for manky sinuses) and it inhibits the enzyme that turns ketamine into norketamine; makes an IM dose slightly more potent, but the main thing is I've noticed it extends the action of a dose of ketamine by a good 50%. Shame they're fuckin' horse tablets size! =D

Is there any consensus on whether or not it's possible to return from a K-hole as a vegetable?

I'm particularly worried because I'm mentally fragile (schizo), and know I'll eventually end up holing even if I tell myself not to.

blase deviant said:
Is there any consensus on whether or not it's possible to return from a K-hole as a vegetable?

I'm particularly worried because I'm mentally fragile (schizo), and know I'll eventually end up holing even if I tell myself not to.

There were a couple studies of ketamine in schizophrenics, one that showed it exacerbated negative symptoms acutely, and another that showed that schizophrenics in the longer term neither benefited nor detrimented their mental state after administration of ketamine. So, I'm not sure I'd worry too much.

It actually tends to set off hypomanic episodes in me if I really go for drug-piggery with the stuff - very similar to naturally triggered bouts of hypomania (I have low grade manic-depression - is that type I or II?)

Something weird, confirmed by the only other user I personally know: ever since I first tried K my short term memory for numbers has expanded a little, i.e. I can easily and comfortably hold 8 numbers in memory as opposed to my previous 6.
This condition persists even after not using K for like 3 months or more.

Tried 150mg intranasal, over about three minutes or so. It was kind of strange, I laid down and my body was gone and I saw all my limbs broken apart and becoming huge and small like some sort of videogame glitch. Nothing much on the visual side still (maybe dissociatives don't give me visuals; there was nothing like the vividness of psychedelics), though I imagined the face of a tiger on my bedspread. An odd thing that happened was that no matter how screwed up my perception of time and space was, I knew I was fine because I could still hear Beethoven's later piano sonatas in the background, which kept their tone and structure perfectly. I thought my significant other was an angel sent by God and I thought about a lot of stressful issues, and how I need to learn to be more patient with life.

Very weird, but interesting.

Ptah said:
Something weird, confirmed by the only other user I personally know: ever since I first tried K my short term memory for numbers has expanded a little, i.e. I can easily and comfortably hold 8 numbers in memory as opposed to my previous 6.
This condition persists even after not using K for like 3 months or more.

You know, I have found that recently my alphanumeric memory has totally skyrocketed. I mean, I have to remember 12 different passwords and how they are used among dozens of accounts, and I always remember. I have to remember long sequences of numbers for work all the time, and I'll find myself remembering ones from last year.

I can't say it has anything to do with K, just that it's been within the last year and a half or so. Which is approximately how long ago I tried K first. I hesitate to make a connection though.

I picked up some K from a festival recently...it was my first time trying it...Ketamine is seriously the drug for me--its the perfect middleground between psychedelic and recreational, I just wish I could find it where I live. Anyways, the K that I got was mixed with vanilla extract for the drip, anyone else had K like this?

Ketamine is probably now in my top 3 favortite drugs. The last couple of times I did it, it was like a short lived dxm trip, which I think is great. If only oral ketamine was more effective it would be perfect, cause I absolutely hate the drip and IM/IV is completely out of the question. Wikipedia also mentions smoking ketamine(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamine#Recreational_use). Dose anybody know anything about this. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's bad.

GreenMachine said:
I picked up some K from a festival recently...it was my first time trying it...Ketamine is seriously the drug for me--its the perfect middleground between psychedelic and recreational, I just wish I could find it where I live. Anyways, the K that I got was mixed with vanilla extract for the drip, anyone else had K like this?

Ya i use to add a drop of vanilla or orange extract to my k Too bad I havent seen the stuff in years :(

GreenMachine said:

I had some K like that at a festival recently. I wasn't impressed. I think we were probably at the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.