• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Ketamine Thread (Next iteration)

Status
Not open for further replies.
30-60mg DXM has been known to reset tolerance to amphetamines and opiates, so do you think it would work with Ketamine?

I doubt it personally. DXM and Ketamine are both NMDA antagonists, so trying trying to reset tolerance of one with the other would be like trying to reset amphetamine tolerance with methamphetamine.

Damn. Everyone says to simply take a break from K and your tolerance resets. I took a 6-8 month break, and it still takes the same amount of K to get me off.

It seems to me like the magic just wears off after awhile. I will sometimes take 2-3 months off then get a vial and have a full blown out of body exp. other times with with same amont and break time the exp just seems boring and pedictable.

blase deviant said:
Damn. Everyone says to simply take a break from K and your tolerance resets. I took a 6-8 month break, and it still takes the same amount of K to get me off.

Yeah no shit- I've gotta vent about this.

Before this S-ket I had done about 1.5 grams of ketamine in my life. About 6 years ago in highschool I did .75g over the course of week and managed to get an immersive experience at around 150mg.

Then two years ago I got another 3/4 of a gram and it took 400mg to get anything really cool.

Now with this S-ket, I've squirted a whole gram up my ass and made a ultra concentrated 2g nasal spray, and while that was immersive I was still able to snap out of it, walk around, talk and play drums. The possible tolerance I could have had was from years previous, and really mild use then too.

I wonder if I'm just naturally tolerant or something. My friends fall over at like 150mg

Regarding the "cut with salt" issue, I have never seen or heard of anybody claiming they actually received ketamine cut with NaCl, but I have noticed that pure ketamine hcl does have a bit of a salty taste, much more so than any other psychedelic I've tasted. Phenethylamines and tryptamines are extremely bitter and have that -amino twang... ketamine is more like tylenol dissolved in ocean water.

ah.
i tried crushing up some of the crystals, but they dont stick together like the powder does. any ideas?

mezcal said:
Regarding the "cut with salt" issue, I have never seen or heard of anybody claiming they actually received ketamine cut with NaCl, but I have noticed that pure ketamine hcl does have a bit of a salty taste, much more so than any other psychedelic I've tasted. Phenethylamines and tryptamines are extremely bitter and have that -amino twang... ketamine is more like tylenol dissolved in ocean water.

That explains it then. Once I thought that it was cut with icing sugar too, cause it tasted sweet. I think this was just psychosis.

This may seem a silly question, but how do I know whether I am getting the R- or S- isomer?? Will it say somewhere on the vail or in the little enclosed info sheet?

You're getting racemic ketamine (which is a mix of the R and S isomers) unless it's being specified as otherwise.

If you're getting it from places in vials with attached info sheets, then perhaps it does say on the info sheet.

As far as I know there is no pure R-isomer ketamine available.

thanks for the reply. I believe I will get a friend a little more proficient in reading the foriegn on the info sheets to go over it with me.

^

Yeah and never rail a line of K and then try and socialize at collage.

Fortunately, Santa made my christmas a white one =D
After more than a year after only a handful occasions I got my own.

^^ I'm a lucky bastard with a steady ket contact.
Not exactly cheap but it's great stuff, and my stash keeps growing steadily.

It's okay to be jealous. =D

does anyone notice a loud noise when they do high doses (140mg+)? it's a loud "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" sound right as your body is going completely numb and you're being sucked into a vortex of CEV bliss. it gets quite painful at some point but it eventually goes away.

This is called tinnitus or ringing in the ears. I'm afflicted with this in my left ear, pretty much all of the time.

K as well as other drugs (nitrous, harmala, kratom) usually change the character of this noise to something very distinct. On nitrous some people call it the "wah-wah"'s but to me it is a high-pitched rhythmic/repetitious noise. To me, this varying character of the tinnitus is a fairly reliable way of knowing when the drugs have come on.

i never notice a high noice but i do have a popping sound in my head and then "dial-up modem" like sounds when IM 100mg and over

I get a ringing in my ears and tingling face when coming up on 100mg+ IM'd... it's a nice feeling...

Ahhhh the days of hourly 100mg shots :)

it does sound kinda like a dial-up modem and it's only pleasant after the initial effects wear off. i think when it first comes on, the drug is taking effect so quickly that i get slightly overwhelmed and think "oh shit! maybe i took too much" but after a few seconds, everything is serene and i'm floating around in space :)

ever take a. cid. and k? amazing, In my honest opinion, if you got strong shit. holy fuck what a crazy adventure. snorting like up to 3-4 gs while on 10 hits of acid is ....um....quite ego detaching and gratifiying when you make psychedelic techno music. hahahaaaa. no sleep. kaoss pad. whoo!

wow Ive fucked myself over. baught a half 0. after a month of IM ing heaven, I never stopped to think of how Im gonna replenish. having moved to a new area of this beautiful country

ket is most definatley addictive, in its own right. Is there anywithdral symptoms that I should be aware of / how to deal with?

Status
Not open for further replies.