View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy 1P-LSD Thread - Volume 2

Just A Guy

Bluelight Crew
This is the second installment of the 1P-LSD B&D. To visit Volume 1, click here.

Welcome to the Big & Dandy 1P-LSD Thread, Volume 2

dAnr7Ph.png

1-propionyl-lysergic acid diethylamide

Introduction

1P-LSD, NP-LAD or 1-Propionyl-lysergic acid diethylamide is a research chemical and novel LSD analogue. It is very structurally related to LSD, differing only in the propionyl group on the 1-position. The mythical analogue ALD-52 is again very similar, having a 1-acetyl instead of 1-propionyl. It has been remarked by - at least - David Nichols that based on lysergamide SAR, 1P-LSD itself should not be active but metabolizes rapidly in the body to form LSD. That would mean that the only difference with LSD would be pharmacokinetic effects, which after all may affect the subjectively experienced trip. However these claims certainly could be more substantiated.

Legality & Stability

It is illegal in the United States under the federal analogue act as well as in Australia under similar legislature.

Purportedly compounds like 1P-LSD and ALD-52 are not as unstable as once thought. This may be important since it would otherwise tend to spontaneously degrade into LSD which is of course a legal hazard.
It could be argued that it is very unlikely to hydrolyze to LSD under standard conditions. Basic or strongly acidic conditions may make hydrolysis more favorable, so store your 1P-LSD accordingly, I recommend not using ascorbic acid as an anti-oxidant for instance since it is acidic.

Supposedly acetyls are known stable protecting groups for indoles. It is plausible that this literally and figuratively also extends to propionyls.
http://www.organic-chemistry.org/protectivegroups/amino.shtm

On the other hand, Nichols says that:
It is well known in organic chemistry that N-acyl indoles of all kinds hydrolyze easily.
But it is unclear whether that includes spontaneous hydrolysis under standard conditions.

Again, this needs further substantiating. Hopefully analysis will soon clear this up.

For the time being, it is advised to assume that similar storage conditions apply as for LSD. And Bluelight is not claiming that this is necessarily stable and safe legally for you to buy, own or use. We do not accept responsibility regarding legal matters, and decisions made by users browsing this forum.

Trip reports:

original post:

New lysergamide about to go on sale. I haven't tried it yet.

As I get some time, I will compile the facts, anecdotal experiences, and other wiki-worthy elements from the first B&D, and place them here, in this post, proceeding the introduction.

It's interesting to note these last few years have seen a huge availability of novel lysergamides, to include AL-LAD, LSZ, 1P-LSD, and just recently, ETH-LAD. As these lysergamides have much in common, and often use each other as a basis of comparison, especially to LSD, I've linked to their respective B&D's as well.

There is an unproven theory that 1P-LSD is a pro-drug of LSD, that is, LSD is a metabolite of 1P-LSD.

Threshold dosages of 1P-LSD begin around 25ug, with 100ug considered a normal dosage for someone with no tolerance. Others require 200ug to achieve the same "satisfaction."

Some people are unable to experience LSD-like effects with 1P-LSD, and it's believed to be a result of their particular metabolism.

Eating after ingesting 1P-LSD more often than not seems to enhance the substance's effects, at the expense of a bloated sensation.

Typical duration of effect for a 100ug dose seems to be around 6 – 8 hours, with the peak occurring around the second hour through the fourth hour. Some people have noted that 1P-LSD can be felt as soon as fifteen minutes after ingesting it (first alerts).

Using Ehrlich reagent on 1P-LSD yields no immediate result, but after 2-4 hours, it has been reported that the expected color change occurs, to a light pinkish purple.

More to come...

Last edited:
I knew the second thread was coming soon the last was getting quite long. Steamboat , not all are pro-drugs 1p is the only prodrug the others are just straight up analogues needless to say that doesn't make them any better or worse .

I thought ALD-52 was metabolized into LSD, I guess not. If 1P-LSD is the only ergoloid metabolized into LSD then each of the others should have slightly different pharmacological profiles. Could those of you whom have used each of these describe the benefits of each in comparison with 1P-LSD? Does 1P-LSD have the most therapeutic potential or does another? Does 1P-LSD have the best visuals ect?

Last edited:
Oh sorry yes Ofc ALD 52 is a prodrug also I was just thinking of the more common ones because I'm yet to see ALD 52 on any vendors sites or even the deep web . I'd say that the most recent ones eth lad and 1p have the best therapeutic potential with eth lad being supposedly more visual than normal LSD with a very similar mental effect where as IME 1p is a slower come up a bit more gentle and slightly less visual than acid at the beginning but once 2hs pass it starts getting very visual or at least it did for me with the mental effect being just as strong as LSD but without any sinister negative thought loops or feelings :)

The best part of 1PLSD compared with classic LSD is the comedown is much gentler and doesn't leave my brain feeling "fried"

Also I can sleep with no difficulty and the next day I feel recharged and wonderful

The comeup is smooth and slow, and it doesn't last quite as long as LSD

I tried it last weekend when i was heavily drunk, had one 100ug tab under the tongue then swallowed. Gotta say it was better than expected, probably helped my hangover in a way. I did eyeball a small dose of mdma about 2 hours after which took away the body load i was getting. Although i think the main reason for the body load was because i was starting to feel tired and hungover from the booze. Anyway the mdma helped with that.

Don't remember any bad trip feeling and hardly any comedown, definitely not as brain frying as street acid. Would definitely try again.

I mentioned that my GF and I split a kombucha drink that we had purchased at a local health store about 30-45 mins after T-0:00 at this point the experience physically was akin to being poisoned...extreme nausea and malaise and the feeling that "we took too much". It seems as though maybe 10 mins after drinking it ...we were both having one of the most powerful lysergamide experiences we have ever had. I know kombucha has powerful active ingredients that could be considered medicinal and we both wondered if the kombucha interacted with the 1p some how and this was before this discussion was brought up on the forums...we both felt that this was way too intense for one tab. One thing that kombucha is known for is an amazing digestion enhancer...makes me wonder ...we had empty stomachs when dosing for the record :)

Note to self.....find out what the hell kombuchi is and purchase some

HAHAH Peachphrog..... so its a type of ancient folk drink. Many cultures created health drinks by fermenting things...the live culture in them is extremely healthy especially for the gut. Many may find that they have to aquire a taste for these drinks as it has a very unusual taste and many dont have the palate for it. Im of russian origin and my grandma actually made "Kvass" when i was a kid. Its a fermented bread drink that tastes somewhat similar to beer (and kombucha). Kombucha is a japanese fermented beverage made of tea leaves...even thought I mentioned that these are considered non alcoholic they often contain a fraction of a percent of alcohol...so its negligible. Personally I love the stuff and it makes you feel amazing. ...but its a bit pricey :/

I love kvass. Ditto re. kombucha. I live in East Asia, so both are easy to find. BTW, if you like those, I think that you might enjoy mauby. Mauby is a Caribbean drink that resembles kvass. As with the other two, the mass-produced drink isn't quite as good as the home-made one. Anyhow, I've had kvass while tripping. It's even better like that.

^east Asia hey? Are you aware if there is any kind of psychedelic community/culture where you are, or are you pretty solo? Ive been really curious about this

I'm not aware of any psychedelic community over here, but one or two countries might have such. I go 100% solo with this stuff and will keep it that way. I never mention these endeavors to anyone, except for my spouse, who attentively listens to my post-trip observations, but who is otherwise not interested in such things.

Yeah I think Japan might have a very underground counter culture, I think there's some head shops and mini raves and stuff. I remember hearing that magic mushrooms were legal there some time ago (don't think they are an more). A lot of touristy spots in different countries in E. Asia have psychedelic things going on to entertain the tourists, but I'm mostly interested in the idea of "locals" using psychedelics. It's hard to imagine such a thing in a place like China ... but wouldn't that be interesting!

Japan, and possibly Hong Kong, South Korea and Thailand are likely to have scenes, albeit very underground. China legally produces many of the psychedelics on the market -- the 2C-x's and several others -- but it's extremely unlikely that there's a psychedelic community there. As for the rest of East Asia, it's doubtful that there is any kind of psychedelic scene.

Anyhow, we've already gone way off-topic, so let me try to bring it back by saying that 1P-LSD doesn't come from this region of the world.

I mentioned that my GF and I split a kombucha drink that we had purchased at a local health store about 30-45 mins after T-0:00 at this point the experience physically was akin to being poisoned...extreme nausea and malaise and the feeling that "we took too much". It seems as though maybe 10 mins after drinking it ...we were both having one of the most powerful lysergamide experiences we have ever had. I know kombucha has powerful active ingredients that could be considered medicinal and we both wondered if the kombucha interacted with the 1p some how and this was before this discussion was brought up on the forums...we both felt that this was way too intense for one tab. One thing that kombucha is known for is an amazing digestion enhancer...makes me wonder ...we had empty stomachs when dosing for the record :)
Don't get it twisted though, kombucha won't have an effect on a trip, and even if it did it would be small. Inexperienced users(not saying you are!)can sometimes say "Oh I did this and had the craziest trip, it must've been what I've done.", when set/setting etc can just cause strong trips. Sometimes you'll take a lower dose, not expect much, and your just be blown away. It's common but people like to attribute some tiny they've done that should've or possibly caused it....

Also Japan defintely has an underground community for sure, it's just laws regarding that are vey strict. In Thailand there's a few places, possibly more were you can buy psych mushies off the street. Also there's "scenes" everywhere. It may not beike us but....,

Last edited:
^^yes help!? But we are talking about how certain food chemicals may activate enzymes and/or some sort of chemical reaction ....and I was just stating that kombucha may be a potent activator as opposed to a coca cola, for example

Some foods can alter or potentiate a trip. One that comes to mind is the lemon tek for mushrooms. For some reason the lemon juice potentiates the mushroom trip. I was skeptical of this at first but there are enough anecdotal reports of it online that I've become a believer and will try it next time I do mushrooms.
Perhaps Kambucha does something similar with 1p-Lsd.

I'm Russian so I'm very familiar with kvaas. I used to hate it as a kid but haven't tried it since. I do like Kambucha though and would drink it more frequently if it wasn't so expensive. Al Ladin you should experiment with the Kambucha 1p combo vs just 1p and see if there is a difference every time.

^^yes help!? But we are talking about how certain food chemicals may activate enzymes and/or some sort of chemical reaction ....and I was just stating that kombucha may be a potent activator as opposed to a coca cola, for example
Ohhhh, my bad but this is truly interesting stuff I'll get more into later