• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-B-Fly Thread

The chances of any physical symptoms at this late stage is extremely unlikely, mental abberations yes maybe but physical symptoms several days after the event , so unlikely, most probably due to a different cause or perhaps a mental manifestation.

zophen

Also I had someone else say stress, things have been getting pretty out of hand lately. Thanks guys

A bit off topic, but why do Americans use EKG rather tham ECG? I can see where the letters used in British hospitals come from when spelling it out (ElectroCardioGraph), but I'm buggered if I can see how you can get a 'K' in there. Just my wife asked me and I couldn't see why US hospitals would use EKG rather than ECG.

Very strange, these colonial types! =D

PS Reflux oesophegitis is a common response to prolonged psychological stress (and certain drugs). It happens when the sphincter at the entrance of your stomach doesn't prevent the acidic contents from surging back up when the stomach starts churning due to psychological stress (it's to do with cortisol, gastrin and a whole endocrine nightmare due to stress). It hurts like buggery and can make people think that they're having cardiovascular problems - that's why it's called heartburn (funny when you consider the heart has fuck all to do with digestion). A few years ago I had it pretty bad through stress at work and one episode was so bad my folks rang an ambulance as they thought I was having a heart attack (I was in so much pain that I couldn't explain that I wasn't)

Last edited:
I always thought it was because of the original development in German, hence elektrokardiogramm, like LSD is lysergsäure-diethylamid in German, and we still use that acronym.

I have discovered this old thread, and Big and Dandified it. I'll post some of my own thoughts about this chemical in a few minutes.

Here is a link to all of the current 2C-B-fly reports on Bluelight, in the TR forum. Actually this link will always remain updated with all 2C-B-fly reports (please check out the announcement in the TR forum for information about the new searching system we are putting in place there - which I would like to extend to PD at some point when time permits).

Two of the reports are mine. Personally, I love 2C-B-fly... it's one of my favorites. It seems to open up a connection to pure love. it's one of my favorite euphoria-inducers, because it's very clear-headed... it's almost like super-sobriety rather than a drug (at least to me). Some people seem to report an overwhelming experience with visuals, but that was not what it was like in my synapses. I found it to be one of the best socializing compounds I have ever come across.

For more of my thoughts, read my two experience reports by following that link. :)

Last edited:
Actually, I will be adding these kinds of links to every substance on the Best of PD page, links that will always point to every report we have in Trip Reports for each substance. So look for that soon. :)

How would you guys compare 2c-b to 2c-i? I know it's going to vary from person to person, but I'm just interested in hearing opinions.

Only psychs I've taken are a low DOB dose, and a medium 2c-i dose. I absolutely loved 2c-i, however it doesn't appear that I can currently get anymore. However I may be able to get some 2c-b soon.

Any updates on the reported problems with short term memory/word recall, or similar problems mentioned by zophen and nanobrain?
it seems those were the only reports of potential 2c-b-fly toxicity, and everyone else sees it as pretty great chem.
The thing i REALLY love about 2c-b is that it allows me to dive into deep-end (30mg+) dosages without loosing control. i have never gone past 35 but even then there was minimal GI discomfort and it felt incredible. I hope 2c-b-fly has this same latitude.

Prea said:
How would you guys compare 2c-b to 2c-i? I know it's going to vary from person to person, but I'm just interested in hearing opinions.

Only psychs I've taken are a low DOB dose, and a medium 2c-i dose. I absolutely loved 2c-i, however it doesn't appear that I can currently get anymore. However I may be able to get some 2c-b soon.

You can ask about that in the 2C-B thread. This is the 2C-B-fly thread.

I hope 2c-b-fly has this same latitude.

2C-B-fly is a much more potent drug than 2C-B. It is fully psychedelic at a dose of 10mg, I can say from experience.

There may be a useful deep end, but I wouldn't be in a rush to dive into it right away. There's a report here from a cocky guy who thought that 26mg sounded dandy and ended up giving up psychedelics for good:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=242722

As an aside, that poster didn't really give up psychedelics for good.

Oh, 2C-B-fly,
How I long to Find Thee
Once more in
My synapse(s)​

Have any of you experienced the pro-sexual aspects of this drug that Ann Shulgin was alluding to at various conferences a couple of years back?

My wife and I have tried 2C-B-fly four times between us, once each alone with the other as a sitter and once together. Sex was attempted on these occasions to mixed results, ranging from "excellent but not best sex on ever on psychedelics," to "difficult to pull off, only somewhat satisfying," to "hilarity ensued." :) I'm not sure what to make of it. Dosage was 10-12g.

djfriendly said:
Dosage was 10-12g.

That might be your problem then. To be honest I'm surprised you're still with us. ;)

I haven't tried sex with 2C-B-fly, so I can't comment. My instinct says it could be good... it didn't interact with my physical functions at all and produced feelings of love and closeness. However, I also never thought about sex in the slightest. So my assessment at this point is that it would be fine for sex, but nothing special.

LOL. I'm sure you figured it out, but there was an "M" missing in there! Dosage ranged from 10-12mg.

We did not experience any sexual push or arousal from 2-C-B-fly, but it's something we always explore with a new material whether or not the urge is there. Sometimes we've had some pleasant surprises.

I did used to think that 2C-B fly was the bees knees when it came to a psychedelic to combine with ketamine, but I feel it has been surpassed IMO by ketamine & 2C-D. Still, I wouldn't say no if someone offered me some 2C-B fly, unlike 2C-B which I'm less than impressed with

Toxicity issues: I can relate to the associative word recall problems, but they were oh-so minor, just enough present that it got me thinking of the 2C-B-Fly had anything to do with it. This happens to me occasionally anyways for no (apparent) reason, so take from that what you will.

Peripheral vasoconstriction was definitely an issue, hands and feet were cold with a bluish tinge, but more centrally there was a feeling of warmth. Damn those fragment sentences.

My friend and I both experienced odd headaches that we suspect were a direct effect of the chemical. This was more notable at 15 mg than at 10 mg.

It was not nearly as potent as we had expected it to be. Both of us felt that 20-25 mg would have been easily tolerable (neither of us is especially sensitive/insensitive to drugs in general), though we both declined to pursue the chemical further due to the extremely likely prospect of that damned funny headache.

So, now, I have a question: does anybody know anything or can anyone offer any speculation as to potency loss of this compound when stored in aqueous solution? a FOAF has about 40 mL of a 1 mg/mL 2cbfly solution laying around and they're wondering if it's still good after nearly a year in water. It has been stored in a canning jar in a dark, cool place.