Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-B Thread - Stage 2

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
An old friend of mine (sadly she has passed) used to plug often, and more than once I would walk into the kitchen with her bent over with a syringe in her ass. It was awkward, but in retrospect, it's a memory that makes me giggle.

But yeah, plugging 2C-Xs is a much better option than snorting. If you use 3mL of water, it won't burn at all, and the come-up is very fast, with a rush that snorting gives you, it's about as potent as snorted, and the quality of the trip is much better than snorted. Snorting 2C-Xs is very bad for your nasal passages, in addition to being horribly painful. But assuming it's diluted in water and you properly lube, plugging isn't damaging. Another option is making a nasal spray solution, which greatly reduces the pain and damage when doing corrosive drugs nasally.

porkstock

Bluelighter
... and I started getting sever migraines from it on the comedown. I'm not sure why, perhaps it was high levels of stress or even related to my abuse of dissociatives. These days 2C-B really is a perfect blend between a psychedelic and an empathogen for me. Basically no comedown anymore either.
I haven’t taken 2cb or 2ce in about a decade, mostly because of the bad headache they seem to give me on the comedown. Would be great if that just disappeared for me...but obviously no way to know beforehand

arrall

Discord Admin: SLR, PD, NSADD
Staff member
I haven’t taken 2cb or 2ce in about a decade, mostly because of the bad headache they seem to give me on the comedown. Would be great if that just disappeared for me...but obviously no way to know beforehand
You could try taking Ginger and Magnesium Glycinate with it. Might help.

ecstacylover

Bluelighter
Actually the other day I ended up getting a headache the morning after doing 2C-B the night before. Not the worst one I've had, but it still sucked. It was either the higher dose (50mg over a few hours—more than I've done in awhile) or the fact that I was really bad about staying hydrated that evening. I'm actually leaning toward it being the latter.

Ended up taking 500mg acetaminophen which I've found really helps anytime that I do get a headache from psychedelics. My theory for why this works so well is that acetaminophen inhibits COX enzymes, which contribute to synthesis of PGE2 from AA. Injecting PGE2 into healthy subjects reliably produces migraines, as you can see in this study. My guess is that 5-HT2A agonists can produce a buildup of PGE2 by activating PLA2 enzymes, which leads to release of AA and increased PGE2 synthesis. I don't think it's just limited to psychedelics either, as MDMA gives me even worse headaches on the comedown, and I think this could be mediated by its indirect activation of 5-HT2A receptors. The PLA2 pathway would be activated to differing degrees by the various 5-HT2A agonists, which would explain why some psychedelics seem less prone to producing headaches.

Even though the acetaminophen helped, I was still hesitant to go lift as it can be ill-advised depending on the nature of the headache. PGE2 appears to dilate cranial arteries, so maybe there wouldn't any blood pressure concerns. Interestingly, while 5-HT2A receptors contribute to vasoconstriction in periphery, they don't contribute to it in cranial arteries (at least not directly). I really did want to lift so I ended up going later that night and FWIW I felt so much better afterwards, although lifting always makes me feel better.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting theory, makes sense. That sucks you get headaches from 2C-B... I have never gotten a headache from a 2C-X. I certainly have from some psychedelics though (BOD, or maybe it was BOHB, gave me a wicked one, and 3C-P gave me an absolutely horrific one the first time I took it. And AMT can sometimes end in a persistent, low to moderate severity headache, though other times it doesn't).

ecstacylover

Bluelighter
Interesting theory, makes sense. That sucks you get headaches from 2C-B... I have never gotten a headache from a 2C-X. I certainly have from some psychedelics though (BOD, or maybe it was BOHB, gave me a wicked one, and 3C-P gave me an absolutely horrific one the first time I took it. And AMT can sometimes end in a persistent, low to moderate severity headache, though other times it doesn't).
Yeah it does suck, but I've been using 2C-B pretty frequently the past few months so I'm thankful this is the only time it has happened. 2C-C and 2C-D never gave me headaches, other than maybe one time on each of them. Then 2C-B-FLY gave me a pretty nasty headache the one time I took it.

I don't remember ever getting comedown headaches from tryptamines or ergoline derivatives, so perhaps I'm just sensitive to PEAs. Empathogens are the worst for me though. MDMA, MDA, and 6-APB have all given me excruciating headaches—that's probably the main reason I don't take them anymore.

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Phens have more blood pressure issues, and vasoconstriction, and also generally more 5-HT1b agonism (which is the one that affects the heart valve, not sure if that would be related or not), so I think it makes sense.

izo

Bluelighter
Phens have more blood pressure issues, and vasoconstriction, and also generally more 5-HT1b agonism (which is the one that affects the heart valve, not sure if that would be related or not), so I think it makes sense.

It is th 5ht-2b receptor that mediates these heart issues.

Last edited: