• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-B Thread - Stage 2

An old friend of mine (sadly she has passed) used to plug often, and more than once I would walk into the kitchen with her bent over with a syringe in her ass. It was awkward, but in retrospect, it's a memory that makes me giggle.

But yeah, plugging 2C-Xs is a much better option than snorting. If you use 3mL of water, it won't burn at all, and the come-up is very fast, with a rush that snorting gives you, it's about as potent as snorted, and the quality of the trip is much better than snorted. Snorting 2C-Xs is very bad for your nasal passages, in addition to being horribly painful. But assuming it's diluted in water and you properly lube, plugging isn't damaging. Another option is making a nasal spray solution, which greatly reduces the pain and damage when doing corrosive drugs nasally.

... and I started getting sever migraines from it on the comedown. I'm not sure why, perhaps it was high levels of stress or even related to my abuse of dissociatives. These days 2C-B really is a perfect blend between a psychedelic and an empathogen for me. Basically no comedown anymore either.
I haven’t taken 2cb or 2ce in about a decade, mostly because of the bad headache they seem to give me on the comedown. Would be great if that just disappeared for me...but obviously no way to know beforehand

I haven’t taken 2cb or 2ce in about a decade, mostly because of the bad headache they seem to give me on the comedown. Would be great if that just disappeared for me...but obviously no way to know beforehand
You could try taking Ginger and Magnesium Glycinate with it. Might help.

Actually the other day I ended up getting a headache the morning after doing 2C-B the night before. Not the worst one I've had, but it still sucked. It was either the higher dose (50mg over a few hours—more than I've done in awhile) or the fact that I was really bad about staying hydrated that evening. I'm actually leaning toward it being the latter.

Ended up taking 500mg acetaminophen which I've found really helps anytime that I do get a headache from psychedelics. My theory for why this works so well is that acetaminophen inhibits COX enzymes, which contribute to synthesis of PGE2 from AA. Injecting PGE2 into healthy subjects reliably produces migraines, as you can see in this study. My guess is that 5-HT2A agonists can produce a buildup of PGE2 by activating PLA2 enzymes, which leads to release of AA and increased PGE2 synthesis. I don't think it's just limited to psychedelics either, as MDMA gives me even worse headaches on the comedown, and I think this could be mediated by its indirect activation of 5-HT2A receptors. The PLA2 pathway would be activated to differing degrees by the various 5-HT2A agonists, which would explain why some psychedelics seem less prone to producing headaches.

Even though the acetaminophen helped, I was still hesitant to go lift as it can be ill-advised depending on the nature of the headache. PGE2 appears to dilate cranial arteries, so maybe there wouldn't any blood pressure concerns. Interestingly, while 5-HT2A receptors contribute to vasoconstriction in periphery, they don't contribute to it in cranial arteries (at least not directly). I really did want to lift so I ended up going later that night and FWIW I felt so much better afterwards, although lifting always makes me feel better.

Interesting theory, makes sense. That sucks you get headaches from 2C-B... I have never gotten a headache from a 2C-X. I certainly have from some psychedelics though (BOD, or maybe it was BOHB, gave me a wicked one, and 3C-P gave me an absolutely horrific one the first time I took it. And AMT can sometimes end in a persistent, low to moderate severity headache, though other times it doesn't).

Interesting theory, makes sense. That sucks you get headaches from 2C-B... I have never gotten a headache from a 2C-X. I certainly have from some psychedelics though (BOD, or maybe it was BOHB, gave me a wicked one, and 3C-P gave me an absolutely horrific one the first time I took it. And AMT can sometimes end in a persistent, low to moderate severity headache, though other times it doesn't).
Yeah it does suck, but I've been using 2C-B pretty frequently the past few months so I'm thankful this is the only time it has happened. 2C-C and 2C-D never gave me headaches, other than maybe one time on each of them. Then 2C-B-FLY gave me a pretty nasty headache the one time I took it.

I don't remember ever getting comedown headaches from tryptamines or ergoline derivatives, so perhaps I'm just sensitive to PEAs. Empathogens are the worst for me though. MDMA, MDA, and 6-APB have all given me excruciating headaches—that's probably the main reason I don't take them anymore.

Phens have more blood pressure issues, and vasoconstriction, and also generally more 5-HT1b agonism (which is the one that affects the heart valve, not sure if that would be related or not), so I think it makes sense.

Phens have more blood pressure issues, and vasoconstriction, and also generally more 5-HT1b agonism (which is the one that affects the heart valve, not sure if that would be related or not), so I think it makes sense.

It is th 5ht-2b receptor that mediates these heart issues.

Last edited:
Yeah, while I never get headaches from 2C-B (2C-D is another story,) both my friend and I did last month. Weird.

@ecstacylover
That theory seems to make sense. I've gotta ask though: what's your antioxidant stack when you partake in these drugs? Because if an NSAID is effective, then an intervention higher up the inflammatory stream might be effective too, without the various risks that come with the APAP, which one has to assume become magnified by the wildness of the ride. Antioxidants are less powerful of course, but they are many, combinable, and synergically so. I'm not taking into account the differential effects between the substances you list, but whatever's going on it must be getting amplified by the general state of overdrive.

I'm not only asking because I've spent over a year reading papers on inflammation, it's also because a phenethylamine (not sure which one but I guess 2C-E.. maybe 2C-C..) was the first drug on which I tried out a vitamin stack. And to my skeptical surprise, indeed, it made the difference between feeling physically mauled by the experience, and feeling kinda back to normal just like before the dosing. (I followed someone's calculation back then, from erowid I believe.. but can't find the numbers anymore, I vaguely remember factors of four times the recommended daily amount.. so four multivitamins would be a start if you don't happen to supplement your trips already.. or build a custom stack of course, in which you can include the more powerful ones.)

My apologies if all this is old news 'n irrelevant. But APAP is one of those killer chemicals.. of course only because people just assume it's safe in all circumstances.. but nevertheless, some harm reduction attention is deserved, surely.

I've gotta ask though: what's your antioxidant stack when you partake in these drugs?
I take 5mg melatonin on a nightly basis, but aside from that the only antioxidant I've taken recently was sulforaphane. Technically not an antioxidant in and of itself, but it upregulates lots of enzymes with antioxidant activity. I've never really had a stack specifically for psychedelics though, although I frequently combine phenibut with them.

My understanding is that acetaminophen is much more benign than NSAIDs, but it's not something I take consistently anyways. I really only ever take it when I have headaches from these substances.

Had 25 mgs of 2C-B this morning at 10:00AM. It had been 3 year since I reached for 2C-B. Been reaching for LSD or 4-ACO-DMT the last two years when I wanted to trip. I think some of the funniest parts of my day is when the 2C-B seemed to pointing out some big insights and was like "See! See!" It was quite comical. Showed me it was a contender. And it was, great insight today. I was going to take acid but the weather is sort of cloudy and raining with just moments of sun today. So I decided to go for a shorter trip with 2C-B. It did not disappoint nor was it shallow. My hats off to 2C-B. Any psychedelic can be deep and helpful. I wonder where the notion that 2C-B is shallow came from, the stuff is gold as it keeps getting use. I feel bad for waiting 3 years. But trips have to be planned and the correct psychedelic has to be chosen. 2C-B ways reminded of those Persian carpet visuals. This was my first daytime 2C-B trip. I usually take that one at night.

I think I also decided I need to trip more. It always refreshes. Before this trip upstate my wife was like you do what you have to do to get your head together. Life can wear a person down. Almost went for cactus but needed something with half the duration and 2C-B carries some of the cactus spirit.

Last edited:
Great drug, great dose, and a great decision overall, you love to hear it :)
I don't think that 2C-B is shallow, but it's so overtly cool and fun that the pure pleasure can dominate.. Fantastic stuff, I should take some again soon and I was actually thinking about it earlier, I only have pills though which is a mild bummer.

@Cream Gravy? take note man =D =D

I don't think that 2C-B is shallow, but it's so overtly cool and fun that the pure pleasure can dominate.. Fantastic stuff, I should take some again soon and I was actually thinking about it earlier, I only have pills though which is a mild bummer.

Can you compare to 1vLSD ?? I have a little for microdosing and it seems 1 square = 150mcg and I was going to cut it into 8 pieces (approx. 20 mcg) and try 1 and then maybe 2 if I don't feel the 1. We don't want to really trip and I'm sure some will say take the whole 150 but rather just enjoy the euphoria w/o the trip. Been wondering a 2cb though as we've heard it's better for sex ?? Any thoughts ??

I am taking note lol been thinking about trying it lately.

I think I’m gonna finally try 2C-B in the coming months but I’m just now coming out of a deep depressive haze and getting my life sorted so we’ll see when that’ll be

Can you compare to 1vLSD ?? I have a little for microdosing and it seems 1 square = 150mcg and I was going to cut it into 8 pieces (approx. 20 mcg) and try 1 and then maybe 2 if I don't feel the 1. We don't want to really trip and I'm sure some will say take the whole 150 but rather just enjoy the euphoria w/o the trip. Been wondering a 2cb though as we've heard it's better for sex ?? Any thoughts ??
Never had sex on 2C-B
:(
But yes, people do say that doses <10mg are great for sex.

2C-B is from a whole other class of psychedelic drugs, so that means very different effects, but it's generally considered to be slightly easier to handle and it lasts about half as long as acid or its analogues (like 1V-LSD). If you like the 1V microdoses, then just microdose :) a full blotter is fun too though, just saying. Be safe & enjoy!

I used to snort a fair bit of 2C-I, and I'd been planning on plugging it but some wretched idea took the group and people are deciding to snort it instead [meaning I'm going to actually have to bring my scale instead of just stuff to make a solution]

I personally like plugging it, I can imagine orally is good, 2C-I oral was good... But I recently did a good dose of 2C-E oral and the come up was so alike to a recent round of food poisoning [down to the taste when I finally cleared my stomach] it was the worst.
Everything was great aside from that tho, but it has at least me personally wary enough about having it orally.

I've arranged plugging in a group setting before. It's perfectly doable, with a couple of preconditions:
- access to a clean bathroom (the rectum is associated with dirt, so both equipment and dosing setting need to be extra clean)
- have the technical talk down in full medical detail so everybody understands the scientific advantages, and agrees there's no good reason enduring extra nausea just to waste more compound with a much more boring onset
- have enough humour about it to relax the doubters (but not too much, blatantly blue humour would evoke extra creeps)

This was when I was trying to get my Huxley-esque island commune going. I suppose it helped having a little aura of authority going.. though you get that anyway if you make clear you know what you're talking about, provided people aren't feeling like they're following some shady figure down into his weird druggy spiral. There's some forgiving tolerance to that anyway since they're generally interested in the chemical and in having you share its effects with them.
I should have replied to this outright, most of the people in the group have already plugged a substance or two, the desire to snort it is some strange masochism

used to snort a fair bit of 2C-I, and I'd been planning on plugging it but some wretched idea took the

Urx, that’s really bad to snort especially 2c-I. It’s too painful and the gets less god. Try rectal or oral it’s better.